General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 10,061 to 10,080 of 10,459

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

10,061. Posted:

started catching up to Hunter x Hunter(again), Leorio was awesome in episode 140!!!!!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

10,062. Posted:

I presented my pilot.
Dear God.
That.
Was.
Nerve.
Wrecking.

Well, it seemed like people liked it. Got a lot of good feedback too.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Miss_Pixelheart

10,063. Posted:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

started catching up to Hunter x Hunter(again), Leorio was awesome in episode 140!!!!!

I know right?

It looked like Ging let himself hit though. And what was going on with Kurapika? Apparently staring in a dark room is more important than taking your friends phone-calls, please don't tell me if you've read the manga though

Also if you ever saw sailer moon there was a nice easter-egg in episode 139, As far as I know I discovered it :p

I can assure you, I'm not a cat. Do not let others fool you though

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

10,064. Posted:

Happy 15th Anniversary Digimon!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

10,065. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Happy 15th Anniversary Digimon!

15 years already? this makes me feel kinda old...

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

10,066. Posted:

Holy crap!! A sequel to Adventure was announced for the new season of Digimon in honor of the 15th anniversary!!
Wooooo!!

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

10,067. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Holy crap!! A sequel to Adventure was announced for the new season of Digimon in honor of the 15th anniversary!!
Wooooo!!

great! I stopped watching after Frontier(or was it Data Squad?) hope this one turns to be good! :D

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,068. Posted:

Same.

Anyways, just wanted to mention that I bought Welcome to the NHK today. I'll try to get around to it sometime next week.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,069. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Same.

Anyways, just wanted to mention that I bought Welcome to the NHK today. I'll try to get around to it sometime next week.

:O

I'm reminded that I don't own anything from most of my favorite anime.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

10,070. Posted:

Just finished Baccano today. God, that anime was fantastic. Fantastic dub too. I can't even imagine this show in Japanese.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,071. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Just finished Baccano today. God, that anime was fantastic. Fantastic dub too. I can't even imagine this show in Japanese.

I would probably refuse to watch the original, which is a rare thing to say. If it wasn't for very clearly anime look, I would be convinced this was made for an American audience.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

10,072. Posted:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was made for a Western audience in mind. Very Tarantino-like elements in it. It's too bad it flopped in Japan, so a second season is unlikely. (especially since it came out in 2007 and still new new season)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,073. Posted:

I'm convinced the OVAs was season 2 that was needlessly rushed in 3 episodes. :p

AuthorMessage

moomoo

10,074. Posted:

Space Dandy looks like Kaiba tonight.
Why does Space Dandy look like Kaiba tonight? It... doesn't really fit.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Squid

10,075. Posted:

I think I'm gonna miss Space Dandy for the first time since it started on Toonami... Good thing I don't feel very interested in this episode. :O Last week's episode was lame IMO, the only good ones this season so far have been the alternate universe, Ukuleleman and the guest animator one. I'm hoping the episodes will get better soon.

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,076. Posted:

TOONAMI

Attack on Titan: I think the story arc finally ended in the most epic way possible. BY PLACING DOWN A BOULDER! :O Also, it looks like people will still accuse Eren for stupid reasons. At least it's not as bad as anything ever in the Marvel Universe.
Bleach: The only thing I have to say is that the dub voices have confirmed they're done recording so the end is nigh.
Space Dandy: Despite some fantastic goofiness towards the end, this came across as a worse version of the other serious "Dandy meets a young kid" episode from last season.
Naruto: Shippuden: This is more interesting based on a similar scene a few arcs later with a certain important character. Mainly the love the sand village has for their Kazekage.
One Piece: So the strawhats started a war of sorts. This is really funny after seeing Alabasta, but to be fair, it isn't like they stopped that war because it was a war. :p
Blue Exorcist: What a waste. If you don't care about having a creative vision (which as 1 to 1 adapters of manga, they likely don't) why would you even bother trying to turn it into your own story? Because this is so dumb. It's like the bad ending in that video game that everyone is so grateful there are better endings.
Batman: Can't even pretend to care...
Black Lagoon: Still surreal to see it going subbed at points. I'd love to see the meeting about how to translate these scenes and how they came to this conclusion. Also, a school girl's life is being ruined by what is technically Revy and Rock's side. Kinda fascinating stuff, a young girl forced to take over this organization.

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,077. Posted:

Yeah, sorry I couldn't do the thing last night.

I only got to catch One Piece, because one of my friends came over last night, and he isn't into anime.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,078. Posted:

I'm not sure if it was the best idea to include the recap episodes in the middle of Enies Lobby in the One Piece DVD releases.

I get why the cute segments at the end are there but it seems kinda unnecessary otherwise. On the other hand, anyone still buying the DVDs is buying ALL the DVDs and it's limited to a few episodes in this one alone, so whatever.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

10,079. Posted:

I had no idea the digimon movies were only 20 minutes in Japan. So they're actually OVA's? Huh, well now I don't blame America for putting them into one to call it a film but they should have just used the first two. Anyways, I decided to watch the first four movies. Bokura no war game is so fun.
I know that's 90% nostalgia but god I love that film. That's probably why I like Summer Wars so much. It's Bokura no War Game but perfected into a fantastic movie.

Hurricane Touchdown (movie three) was a really interesting film. It wasn't too original or did anything amazing but I really enjoyed it. It was kind of a surreal film. Or maybe that was just because of the terrible subs I had to read.
Diaboromon strikes back was a cool movie. Probably my least favorite of the four surprisingly though.

Now Digimkn Adventure the first movie. Wow I loved this film. Tai and Kari as babies were just so damn cute throughout the entire film. The animation, the music, Greymon vs giant parrot. I loved all of it. Especially the credits. It's just such a cute little film.

Of all the animes I've seen in my life, the Digimon movies have my favorite art style ever. I don't know what it is about them but I just love it. The thin lines and fluid animation it allows looks so cool. It also really makes facial reactions pop.

So yep. I know I've been pretty obsessed with Digimon lately. Oddly enough it has nothing to do with the 15th anniversary (although that helps). I just happened to pick the right year to rewatch Tamers. Lol

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,080. Posted:

I rarely go back to tv shows from my childhood but I rewatched the first series in Japanese a few years ago. It was decent, but I was more into Adventure 02 and Tamers back in the day and I think that would remain true if I rewatched them.