General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 10,041 to 10,060 of 10,614

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,041. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

So guys...
Dubbed or subbed?

If it's been released by Funimation or Bandai = Dubbed.

If it's been released by anyone else = Subbed, unless the dub is hilarious and the show isn't that good anyways.

Viz sometimes gets it right.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,042. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

So guys...
Dubbed or subbed?

If it's been released by Funimation or Bandai = Dubbed.

If it's been released by anyone else = Subbed, unless the dub is hilarious and the show isn't that good anyways.

Viz sometimes gets it right.

Bleach was Viz, right? So I guess you're right, but I hardly ever watch anything from Viz anymore...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,043. Posted:

Might as well....

Attack on Titan: Eren got tired and took a nap essentially. :3 Also, everyone else actually did things, which was appreciated.
Bleach: Skipped because **** Bleach.
Space Dandy: I literally can't think of another anime that had any level of school focus that wasn't about the school uniforms and senpais and such. Like this show is really aware of its western audience. And then it's kinda a musical episode. It was kinda this weird mix of good and so bad it's good, even though I know the latter was mostly intentional. More anime could use Rocky montages.
Naruto Shippuden: Skipped, but it's a good episode from what I remember. Actually had pacing unlike most of the early parts of this series.
One Piece: This arc has been hyped, and rightly so. Though of course, none of the action really happened yet. But next time (or maybe the time after that), prepare yourself. Also Chopper believing in Sniper King is actually the best thing. : DDDDDDDDDD
Blue Exorcist: It's amazing how rushed this is. I refuse to believe even the people who wrote this were satisfied by it. Best described to me as "This is like a great conclusion to an entirely different series". Also, everyone gets attacked by creepy CGI.
Batman: I can't even pretend to care, and no one else does either. SKIPPED.
Black Lagoon: I love how Revy being nice has this weird mix of her trying to put on a veneer of toughness on and just acting like herself.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

10,044. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

So guys...
Dubbed or subbed?

Dubbed whenever I don't feel like reading anime.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

10,045. Posted:

subbed, I'm not really good at listening to english and most dubs in my language suck(actually I can't even remember one that's good)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,046. Posted:

Yeah, sorry about not doing my usual Toonami thing last night. Had something to fix afterwards, and it was time for bed by the time I was finished with it.

What I will say, however, is that I'm surprised by the promotion of Batman over Black Lagoon. I honestly don't know why they decided to do that...

EDIT: Oh, and since it hasn't been mentioned, they also reviewed Watch_Dogs last night: 8/10.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

10,047. Posted:

That new Space Dandy episode was... uh....

I don't even know.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,048. Posted:

@GuSolarFlare - I can't remember, did you watch Arakawa Under the Bridge already? Because I think you'd really like that one.

@GuardianKing's question about Collections, Yes, I own about 20 different series and movies. Maybe 30? I can't remember, nor do I care to log them all. I do know most were either my favorite series and/or impulse buys I got for cheap. Actually, a lot are the latter...some of them aren't very good, either...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,049. Posted:

After a second viewing, I finally got what the big deal about The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was about.

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

10,050. Posted:

I wish the pokemon focused more on the humans, and would let Ash share the spottligth with others. They could for example make an slice of life series about Samuel Oak, Dellia, Trace and Misty, or an serie about May in Jotho (I totaly like Harley :D)

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,051. Posted:

That did a lot of that in one-off episodes.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

10,052. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

That did a lot of that in one-off episodes.

I know they did that to an degree in the chronical episodes. I have followed the anime since 2001, and own all movies on dvd, all special episodes aviable on dvd (excluding Origin) and the nine first seasons.

My ideas is simply, what about actualy let Brock get mirtied with s nurse Joy since he is a doctor now? Or focus about the blooming love between Misty and Trace? (Its only hinted to, but I want it to happend) or let Serena actualy became Ash's girlfriend?

And a few other notes, Ash has to have a rematch against a Samurai. Ash, Misty and Brock has to attend a wedding on one of the Whirle islands. The team rocket organization should use the evolution inducement wave as the migthy weapon it actualy was, even tought they seems to not have realized it.

And an episode where Jessie, James and Meowth calls Looker to arrest Jessiebele. After all, they are kinda friends with Looker, and Jessiebelle (James 's fiance) is reealy mean to him. We are talking illegal.

And let Dellia have a work. I have never ever seen her attending work, at all.

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

10,053. Posted:

@CanisWolfred yup, watched Arakawa Under the Bridge already, it was really good!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,054. Posted:

The setting and other things made me think Nadia wasn't gonna do a lot for me, but it's actually really, really good.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,055. Posted:

I actually liked the setting and other things, but yes, Nadia is really good. It does get some "filler" near the end that was really stupid, but then it ends fairly well, IIRC.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

10,056. Posted:

I've recently started One Piece. The episode count kind of terrifies me, but I like it so far.

SOA Season 2 is kind of really boring TBH, though I'll almost definitely continue watching.

The Irregular at Magic High School really depresses me. It could be a decent anime, but the weird brother/sister relationship ruins it for me.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is pretty good so far--I've only seen the first episode, and I'll definitely continue watching.

I've been wanting to watch GLASSLIP and Akame ga Kill!, and will probably start them later today.

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile
I use hashtags sarcastically. #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4621-2718 | Nintendo Network ID: TurnipTerritory

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,057. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I actually liked the setting and other things, but yes, Nadia is really good. It does get some "filler" near the end that was really stupid, but then it ends fairly well, IIRC.

I actually like the setting, it's just that that a lot of stories like this have characters and stories that don't do a lot for me for whatever reason.

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

10,058. Posted:

I finally know when the first chapter of the High School Arc of Zettai Karen Children begins. Is going to start on August 27 and we even get a new character this late in the series. Still sucks that is going to be the final arc of the series, only hope we could get a +100 chapters (really want it to be +200 chapters) more with the way Takashi has done with the Middle School Arc.

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

10,059. Posted:

I just wrote an entire script for a one-shot pilot to a Kid's Monster anime I came up with. I'm taking a script writing classes for the summer and I decided to go with this idea for my final project. I'm having people read it and give me suggestions right now and I'm going to revise it once I get those back. I'm going to present it to the class tomorrow.
I feel so accomplished. I actually wrote out a 22 page script for my idea. Huh.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

10,060. Posted:

started catching up to Hunter x Hunter(again), Leorio was awesome in episode 140!!!!!

my Backloggery