General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 10,021 to 10,040 of 10,614

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,021. Posted:

Decided to read some manga. First I tried Franken Fran...that was a bad idea. It's gorey as all hell and it'll probably give my nightmares.

Then I started reading The Music of Marie. I'm glad I read that it was a tragedy, because otherwise I'm not sure I'd continue. The world they established is too perfect, and every page seems to emphasise that. I'll read some more later - I'm 5 chapters in, and the plot seems like it hasn't gone anywhere just yet...

Next I guess I'll try...One-Punch Man. Been meaning to get to that for a while now, and I see that they finally have the first few volumes out on the Viz App. I think they're on sale, too...for $5. Not much of a sale, but better than $7.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

10,022. Posted:

One-punch man is pretty awesome.

Viz is having a summer sale on comixology but I think its the one that Canis mentioned.

https://www.comixology.com/Viz-Summer-Sale/page/2760

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,023. Posted:

Viz is kinda doing the sale all over. It's on their website, too, as well as Kindle.

Anyways, yup, One-Punch Man is great. Only read the first volume, but I love it. It's the perfect parody - creats the right tone while still being humorous, and ultimately doing it respectfully. It also has some good points. Imagine if SSJ3 Goku still had to go up against weaklings on a regular basis, it'd probably get pretty dull for him after a while. It's like a shounen manga without the escalation, at least at the moment, and I'm actually interested to see where it goes.

Oh yeah, and it's pretty funny, too.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

10,024. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Next I guess I'll try...One-Punch Man. Been meaning to get to that for a while now, and I see that they finally have the first few volumes out on the Viz App. I think they're on sale, too...for $5. Not much of a sale, but better than $7.

Haven't read it yet, but I have read Eyeshield 21 (the artist for that series). Yusuke Murata is my favourite manga artist. Besides One-Punch Man he's done loads of celebratory drawings for other series, special events/anniversaries for Shonen Jump, and other requests. I just absolutely adore his art!

Bought the Field of Colors artbook a while back and always find myself returning to it time and again.
Someone took pictures of their copy, take a look: http://curry23.deviantart.com/journal/Photos-Eyeshield-21-Fie...

Edited on by Hunter-D

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

10,025. Posted:

It surprises me on the second day of Comic-con that with comic book adaptions driving the film/TV industries we haven't seen more manga adaptions. I understand not doing stuff like Nartuo but Monster is just asking for an HBO or AMC adaption.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,026. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

It surprises me on the second day of Comic-con that with comic book adaptions driving the film/TV industries we haven't seen more manga adaptions. I understand not doing stuff like Nartuo but Monster is just asking for an HBO or AMC adaption.

Monster is/was in the works for HBO, last I checked. I hope it comes out while I still have HBO...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,027. Posted:

I've been rewatching the big fight between Goku & Frieza O
over the past couple of days. Only about half way through, but it's been fun. Goku is about to transform!

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,028. Posted:

Oh speaking of which: I've been rewatching Dragon Ball. Only on episode 9 so far, but it's been good fun.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JC10101

10,029. Posted:

Anybody here know where to buy season 2 of code geass? I can't seem to find it.

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Death Note is awesome! So is Darker than black!

Twitter: JC10101

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,030. Posted:

JC10101 wrote:

Dude, I see it at both FYEs near me all the time. What's killing me is that I can never find the first season...

EDIT: Here you go: http://www.fye.com/s/product/3027672/Code-Geass-Lelouch-of-th...

Er...buy soon.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JC10101

10,031. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

JC10101 wrote:

Dude, I see it at both FYEs near me all the time. What's killing me is that I can never find the first season...

Thank you so much for that! I got the first season on amazon for 40$.

Edited on by JC10101

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,032. Posted:

JC10101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

JC10101 wrote:

I checked there website and they want 400$ for R2. I got the first season on amazon for 40$.

You didn't look hard enough. Not that they have an even remotely decent website, but still.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JC10101

10,033. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

JC10101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

JC10101 wrote:

I checked there website and they want 400$ for R2. I got the first season on amazon for 40$.

You didn't look hard enough. Not that they have an even remotely decent website, but still.

You found it for me. I was looking at Blue Ray.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

10,034. Posted:

Didn't Funimation aquire the rights to Code Geass? I would think a re-release is in the works.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

10,035. Posted:

Hunter-D wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Haven't read it yet, but I have read Eyeshield 21 (the artist for that series). Yusuke Murata is my favourite manga artist. Besides One-Punch Man he's done loads of celebratory drawings for other series, special events/anniversaries for Shonen Jump, and other requests. I just absolutely adore his art!

Bought the Field of Colors artbook a while back and always find myself returning to it time and again.
Someone took pictures of their copy, take a look: http://curry23.deviantart.com/journal/Photos-Eyeshield-21-Fie...

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing with us. Love his work for Eyeshield 21, is definitely one of my favorite sports manga of all time. YA-HA!! .:P

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,036. Posted:

Figured out what's wrong with Manga Fox. They took down all manga that have been licensed, leaving them with little.

Confusing though, because they apparently keep getting new chapters in every day, even though they're not there...

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

10,037. Posted:

Found this again after digging through my bookmarks: http://918thefan.com/2011/the-owl-in-the-rafters-running-with...

Well worth a read.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,038. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Figured out what's wrong with Manga Fox. They took down all manga that have been licensed, leaving them with little.

Confusing though, because they apparently keep getting new chapters in every day, even though they're not there...

They've done that for quite a while. They simply update the chapter names. Mangafox isn't really worth it, but I don't recall anyone else having a mobile version.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

10,039. Posted:

So guys...
Dubbed or subbed?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

10,040. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

So guys...
Dubbed or subbed?

If it's been released by Funimation or Bandai = Dubbed.

If it's been released by anyone else = Subbed, unless the dub is hilarious and the show isn't that good anyways.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~