Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 10,001 to 10,020 of 11,967

TheKingOfTown

RR529 wrote:

Well, looks like no more manga for me...

Manga Fox mobile (the only site that works on the 3DS browser) has been broken the past 4 days. All their chapter links (including stuff I've already read, and stuff they supposedly just got in) lead to a page that says "Manga Fox Oops", warning that the URL was either moved, removed, or never existed...

I actually even tried using the trick to turn the YouTube app into a web browser (and tried a site that doesn't work on the normal browser), and that works for a few pages, but the app always crashes 5-10 minutes in.

I don't think I could've handled reading manga on the crappy 3DS browser anyway.

But, sorry to hear that.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

kkslider5552000

GuSolarFlare wrote:

@kkslider5552000 is Bobobo good?

It was good in 2006 in the era of YTMND and Katamari Damacy still being semi-relevant.

That's actually the best way to answer.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Socar

Why is it that most of the time, the characters in Manga are always depressing such as parents are killed and so he lives like this and all that other sad stuff like being the best?

I get writers can't think of any other interesting things to do for characters but why do they do what others did instead of doing something different? Like why is the main hero dumb most of the time instead of being smart?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kaiserwave

Artwark wrote:

Why is it that most of the time, the characters in Manga are always depressing such as parents are killed and so he lives like this and all that other sad stuff like being the best?

I get writers can't think of any other interesting things to do for characters but why do they do what others did instead of doing something different? Like why is the main hero dumb most of the time instead of being smart?

What manga have you been reading? Just out of curiosity.

kaiserwave

Retro_on_theGo

LBX is Nickelodeon's newest attempt on the kids marketing anime. I don't remember the Japanese name but I'm kind of surprised this came over. It's really similar to medabots but the robots are smaller. It's like they're not even trying to hide that they're advertising toys. Er, well, I guess they really aren't hiding it.

Sir-Diabeetus

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

LBX is Nickelodeon's newest attempt on the kids marketing anime. I don't remember the Japanese name but I'm kind of surprised this came over. It's really similar to medabots but the robots are smaller. It's like they're not even trying to hide that they're advertising toys. Er, well, I guess they really aren't hiding it.

Disney is also kinda doing the same thing, except, they're doing this at Doraemon. Disney already naruto once, and the dub is bad. I'll doubt the Disney dubbing Doraemon is a good idea....

Edited on by Sir-Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

kkslider5552000

Artwark wrote:

1. Because parents being killed are a good dramatic event that anyone can immediately relate to and understand.

2. The dumb hero is because Goku was really popular and because they can make it up by being a strong and smart fighter. Also, comedy.

3. Read something that isn't shonen.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

jump

Artwark wrote:

I get more fed up when the main character is an annoying and meek yet tons of girls are fighting over him, still I love Tenchi even if he does ruin his own show.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

GuardianKing

As a followup question to what I asked last time, what do you guys think makes an anime worth either buying or owning? Money aside, I mean.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

moomoo

GuardianKing wrote:

As a followup question to what I asked last time, what do you guys think makes an anime worth either buying or owning? Money aside, I mean.

How much you like it. Granted, I feel that price plays a huge factor into it. Fate/Zero is one of my favorite animes, and there's no way I'm purchasing it with the ludicrous price tag it has. Also, rewatchability plays a big factor. If you'll only watch a show once, I don't know why you'd buy it, unless if it was super cheap.

EDIT: Oh, extras play a factor too. Part of why I bought Code Geass was all of the extras packed in it. Tons of commentaries, interviews, and even the radio drama things were included.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Retro_on_theGo

The only reason I would buy a series would be if I really loved it and wanted to support the creator, studio, ect. Most of the time though I'll just get some of the mangas instead. I've seriously never owned DVD's of any anime. I'm honestly surprised now that I've thought about it.

I looked up the tie-in toys for LBX last night too. Holy crap those things are so cool. I'm gonna have to get a few when they hit the states. Please be reasonably priced.

kaiserwave

arronishere wrote:

I get more fed up when the main character is an annoying and meek yet tons of girls are fighting over him, still I love Tenchi even if he does ruin his own show.

Ah, Tenchi, sweet memories. That was for sure my first harem show back when it first came out in Toonami.

kaiserwave

mamp

RWBY season 2 is out today and the first episode of the new season was awesome

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

CanisWolfred

Decided to read some manga. First I tried Franken Fran...that was a bad idea. It's gorey as all hell and it'll probably give my nightmares.

Then I started reading The Music of Marie. I'm glad I read that it was a tragedy, because otherwise I'm not sure I'd continue. The world they established is too perfect, and every page seems to emphasise that. I'll read some more later - I'm 5 chapters in, and the plot seems like it hasn't gone anywhere just yet...

Next I guess I'll try...One-Punch Man. Been meaning to get to that for a while now, and I see that they finally have the first few volumes out on the Viz App. I think they're on sale, too...for $5. Not much of a sale, but better than $7.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

Viz is kinda doing the sale all over. It's on their website, too, as well as Kindle.

Anyways, yup, One-Punch Man is great. Only read the first volume, but I love it. It's the perfect parody - creats the right tone while still being humorous, and ultimately doing it respectfully. It also has some good points. Imagine if SSJ3 Goku still had to go up against weaklings on a regular basis, it'd probably get pretty dull for him after a while. It's like a shounen manga without the escalation, at least at the moment, and I'm actually interested to see where it goes.

Oh yeah, and it's pretty funny, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Hunter-D

CanisWolfred wrote:

Next I guess I'll try...One-Punch Man. Been meaning to get to that for a while now, and I see that they finally have the first few volumes out on the Viz App. I think they're on sale, too...for $5. Not much of a sale, but better than $7.

Haven't read it yet, but I have read Eyeshield 21 (the artist for that series). Yusuke Murata is my favourite manga artist. Besides One-Punch Man he's done loads of celebratory drawings for other series, special events/anniversaries for Shonen Jump, and other requests. I just absolutely adore his art!

Bought the Field of Colors artbook a while back and always find myself returning to it time and again.
Someone took pictures of their copy, take a look: http://curry23.deviantart.com/journal/Photos-Eyeshield-21-Fie...

Edited on by Hunter-D

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter:

shingi_70

It surprises me on the second day of Comic-con that with comic book adaptions driving the film/TV industries we haven't seen more manga adaptions. I understand not doing stuff like Nartuo but Monster is just asking for an HBO or AMC adaption.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

It surprises me on the second day of Comic-con that with comic book adaptions driving the film/TV industries we haven't seen more manga adaptions. I understand not doing stuff like Nartuo but Monster is just asking for an HBO or AMC adaption.

Monster is/was in the works for HBO, last I checked. I hope it comes out while I still have HBO...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

RR529

I've been rewatching the big fight between Goku & Frieza O
over the past couple of days. Only about half way through, but it's been fun. Goku is about to transform!

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic