General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 10,001 to 10,020 of 10,479

AuthorMessage

Nazo_no_Hikari

10,001. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Actually, if we're counting movies, I think my older brother has saved some VHS tapes that we recorded some of the DBZ movies & all the InuYasha movies on (back when they were initially shown on Toonami & AS), and they're still deep within his closet somewhere, lol (though, we don't have a VHS anymore).

Not official releases, though.

Nvm, I got a dumb question to ask though. can the vhs actually record in HD? If I do remember correctly, I do have VHS tape of Spiderman 2 or 1, and Pikachu's Winter Vacation 2. I still have VHS in my room.

Don't even bother reading this signature. Wait, you're reading this signature aren't you? (¬_¬)

私のなまえ謎の光です。

My name is The Mysterious Light (Nazo no Hikari). I still go by the name NintenNess, but you can call me either way.

Nintendo Network ID: NintyNess

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,002. Posted:

NintenNess wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Actually, if we're counting movies, I think my older brother has saved some VHS tapes that we recorded some of the DBZ movies & all the InuYasha movies on (back when they were initially shown on Toonami & AS), and they're still deep within his closet somewhere, lol (though, we don't have a VHS anymore).

Not official releases, though.

Nvm, I got a dumb question to ask though. can the vhs actually record in HD? If I do remember correctly, I do have VHS tape of Spiderman 2 or 1, and Pikachu's Winter Vacation 2. I still have VHS in my room.

No. The only physical media that can hold an HD quality video is Blu-Ray (and the defunct HD-DVD).

I'd imagine you could record an HD show/movie onto a VHS, but it wouldn't have the ability to play it back at that quality.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,003. Posted:

The only DVDs I have are
-The original FMA series
-The neverending One Piece DVDs
-The first season of Naruto
-a Bobobo DVD
-Steamboy

I'd like to get more but my money goes to games first

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

10,004. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 is Bobobo good?

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

arronishere

10,005. Posted:

I watched most of Space Dandy and tbh I don't see what the fuss is about. The humour is ok but never burst out laughing funny and the show itself is kind of shallow without being flashy enough to overcome it. I did enjoy the odd episode here and there but overall considering it's got Shinichirō Watanabe name attached it's a big let down for me.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

10,006. Posted:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

I was rewatching daily lives of high school boys, oh man it's one of the funniest animes I've ever watched! :D
but it'd be nice if I could find another funny anime like it(I've already watched most of them I could find)

Have you ever seen Haunted Junction? I thought that was quite funny as well! It's set in a school.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

10,007. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

I was rewatching daily lives of high school boys, oh man it's one of the funniest animes I've ever watched! :D
but it'd be nice if I could find another funny anime like it(I've already watched most of them I could find)

Have you ever seen Haunted Junction? I thought that was quite funny as well! It's set in a school.

sounds interesting, I'll give it a try.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,008. Posted:

Well, looks like no more manga for me... :(

Manga Fox mobile (the only site that works on the 3DS browser) has been broken the past 4 days. All their chapter links (including stuff I've already read, and stuff they supposedly just got in) lead to a page that says "Manga Fox Oops", warning that the URL was either moved, removed, or never existed...

I actually even tried using the trick to turn the YouTube app into a web browser (and tried a site that doesn't work on the normal browser), and that works for a few pages, but the app always crashes 5-10 minutes in.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

10,009. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Well, looks like no more manga for me... :(

Manga Fox mobile (the only site that works on the 3DS browser) has been broken the past 4 days. All their chapter links (including stuff I've already read, and stuff they supposedly just got in) lead to a page that says "Manga Fox Oops", warning that the URL was either moved, removed, or never existed...

I actually even tried using the trick to turn the YouTube app into a web browser (and tried a site that doesn't work on the normal browser), and that works for a few pages, but the app always crashes 5-10 minutes in.

I don't think I could've handled reading manga on the crappy 3DS browser anyway. :P

But, sorry to hear that. :(

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,010. Posted:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

@kkslider5552000 is Bobobo good?

It was good in 2006 in the era of YTMND and Katamari Damacy still being semi-relevant.

That's actually the best way to answer.

AuthorMessage

Artwark

10,011. Posted:

Why is it that most of the time, the characters in Manga are always depressing such as parents are killed and so he lives like this and all that other sad stuff like being the best?

I get writers can't think of any other interesting things to do for characters but why do they do what others did instead of doing something different? Like why is the main hero dumb most of the time instead of being smart?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

10,012. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

Why is it that most of the time, the characters in Manga are always depressing such as parents are killed and so he lives like this and all that other sad stuff like being the best?

I get writers can't think of any other interesting things to do for characters but why do they do what others did instead of doing something different? Like why is the main hero dumb most of the time instead of being smart?

What manga have you been reading? Just out of curiosity.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

10,013. Posted:

LBX is Nickelodeon's newest attempt on the kids marketing anime. I don't remember the Japanese name but I'm kind of surprised this came over. It's really similar to medabots but the robots are smaller. It's like they're not even trying to hide that they're advertising toys. Er, well, I guess they really aren't hiding it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Nazo_no_Hikari

10,014. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

LBX is Nickelodeon's newest attempt on the kids marketing anime. I don't remember the Japanese name but I'm kind of surprised this came over. It's really similar to medabots but the robots are smaller. It's like they're not even trying to hide that they're advertising toys. Er, well, I guess they really aren't hiding it.

Disney is also kinda doing the same thing, except, they're doing this at Doraemon. Disney already naruto once, and the dub is bad. I'll doubt the Disney dubbing Doraemon is a good idea....

Edited on by Nazo_no_Hikari

Don't even bother reading this signature. Wait, you're reading this signature aren't you? (¬_¬)

私のなまえ謎の光です。

My name is The Mysterious Light (Nazo no Hikari). I still go by the name NintenNess, but you can call me either way.

Nintendo Network ID: NintyNess

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

10,015. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

1. Because parents being killed are a good dramatic event that anyone can immediately relate to and understand.

2. The dumb hero is because Goku was really popular and because they can make it up by being a strong and smart fighter. Also, comedy.

3. Read something that isn't shonen.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

arronishere

10,016. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

I get more fed up when the main character is an annoying and meek yet tons of girls are fighting over him, still I love Tenchi even if he does ruin his own show.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

10,017. Posted:

As a followup question to what I asked last time, what do you guys think makes an anime worth either buying or owning? Money aside, I mean.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

moomoo

10,018. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

As a followup question to what I asked last time, what do you guys think makes an anime worth either buying or owning? Money aside, I mean.

How much you like it. Granted, I feel that price plays a huge factor into it. Fate/Zero is one of my favorite animes, and there's no way I'm purchasing it with the ludicrous price tag it has. Also, rewatchability plays a big factor. If you'll only watch a show once, I don't know why you'd buy it, unless if it was super cheap.

EDIT: Oh, extras play a factor too. Part of why I bought Code Geass was all of the extras packed in it. Tons of commentaries, interviews, and even the radio drama things were included.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

10,019. Posted:

The only reason I would buy a series would be if I really loved it and wanted to support the creator, studio, ect. Most of the time though I'll just get some of the mangas instead. I've seriously never owned DVD's of any anime. I'm honestly surprised now that I've thought about it.

I looked up the tie-in toys for LBX last night too. Holy crap those things are so cool. I'm gonna have to get a few when they hit the states. Please be reasonably priced.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

10,020. Posted:

arronishere wrote:

I get more fed up when the main character is an annoying and meek yet tons of girls are fighting over him, still I love Tenchi even if he does ruin his own show.

Ah, Tenchi, sweet memories. That was for sure my first harem show back when it first came out in Toonami. :P

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763