Forums

Topic: American Muffins or English Muffins?

Posts 61 to 77 of 77

Sean_Aaron

Kid_A wrote:

Good for breakfast sandwiches and occasionally toast, I suppose.

My breakfast sandwiches are proper Scottish morning rolls, thank you very much. Potato scone, a hard fried egg and brown sauce -- cannae beat it!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

NotEnoughGolds

Grits? Texans ITT imo.
English muffins are pretty awful untoasted, and pretty delicious toasted/fried.
Muffins I find to be pretty mediocre. Except poppy seed muffins. Those are good.

edit: potato scone? wtf...

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

cheetahman91

Neither. I prefer biscuits, which is what an English muffin strangely resembles.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Sean_Aaron

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

edit: potato scone? wtf...

It's a like a flatbread made with potato flour. You fry it on a "griddle." Why have one form of starch when you can have two?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

LzWinky

I prefer American muffins, like this one:

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Magi

lz2010 wrote:

But really, American food is awesome

Heck yeah! If it's made somewhere in the world, then by golly we'll fry the heck out of it and serve it on a plate! (or napkin) Carnivals/State Fairs ftw!

Magi

Adamant

They're both awful and give me stomach trouble if I eat any for breakfast. Give me a good old Norwegian ham sandwich and coffee any day. You can't start the day on sugar.

Adamant

The_Fox

Adamant wrote:

Norwegian ham sandwich .

??

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Adamant

A slice of bread. With butter and ham. Real bread, that is, not that white stuff you pass off as suitable for sandwiches in the US.

Adamant

Percentful

Adamant wrote:

A slice of bread. With butter and ham. Real bread, that is, not that white stuff you pass off as suitable for sandwiches in the US.

It's called wonder bread, and you can squeeze a slice into the shape and size of a marble. I myself prefer the 100% whole wheat all natural bread I get. America generally is known to have greasy unhealthy foods, and that is 110% true.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Percentful

Adamant wrote:

They're both awful and give me stomach trouble if I eat any for breakfast. Give me a good old Norwegian ham sandwich and coffee any day.* You can't start the day on sugar*.

Which is why no one should eat those captain crunch, trix, and other high fructose corn syurp sugar bomb cereals. I recently saw a commercial advertising Trix, which know has 2 grams of fiber per serving. WOW! /sarcasm

Just let it happen.

The_Fox

Adamant wrote:

Butter and ham? Healthy! (I'm sure it's tasty, though)
Regarding bread here, you can find real bread if you're willing to pay a little more. The over processed, over bleached stuff is just the cheap mass market product.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Adamant wrote:

Way to assume that's all we use in America. You obviously have never been to an American supermarket.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Red_Silurian

As an Irish man I have no problem saying, never mind yer muffins, eat Irish pudding for breakfast! Unhealthy but sure isn't everything?

Red_Silurian

Percentful

colmtheperson wrote:

As an Irish man I have no problem saying, never mind yer muffins, eat Irish pudding for breakfast! Unhealthy but sure isn't everything?

Umm, no, not everything is unhealthy...

Just let it happen.

The_Fox

110percentful wrote:

colmtheperson wrote:

Umm, no, not everything is unhealthy...

Not everything is unhealthy....................just the really good stuff.

-President John Adams

Adamant

Vaynard wrote:

Adamant wrote:

Way to assume that's all we use in America. You obviously have never been to an American supermarket.

I have, I'm just talking about those fully prepared sandwiches you can buy. I don't have a kitchen, so I can't make my own food, and have to rely on what you sell ready for consumption and what they serve at the dining center.

Not that these sandwiches aren't good or anything, but they're not breakfast food.

The+Fox wrote:

Butter and ham? Healthy! (I'm sure it's tasty, though)

Well, not a lot of butter, but you need something to moist the bread a bit (yeah, probably not using correct terminology here. You can manage).
Untitled
This doesn't look too unhealthy, does it? This is real breakfast food, perfect to start the day with.

Edited on by Adamant

Adamant

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.