Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2019 Thread

Posts 561 to 575 of 575

Aozz101x

EA: Didnt't even see EA's.
Microsoft - 8/10: I liked some of the reveals. Halo Infinite and Cyaberpunk 2077 were mostly what i liked. to bad there was no other information on Project Scarlett. will fore sure know more next year.
Bethesda - 3/10: Bethesda's was the worst one. to much focus went on to mobile games, i don't even care about Blades (i would not even be shock, if the Commander Keen mobile game end up on switch.), the Only things that were mostly excited for was: Wolfenstien: Youngblood and Doom Eternal. Deathloop and Ghostwire.
Ubisoft - 7/10: Ubisoft's was okay. excited for Watch Dogs Legion. God and Monsters, Rolling Champion looks great. otherwise not much to look forward to. The Devision 2 being free this week is pretty cool. and Brawlhalla with Adventure Time, was something that i didn't expect.
Square Enix - 9/10: Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Dragon Quest 11 S was pretty much my highlight. everything else was pretty good.
Nintendo - 10/10: Great overall. Banjo coming to Smash Bros, The Legends of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Astral Chain, and Luigi's Mansion 3 were the big highlights. Nintendo was pretty much a Win for me.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Toy_Link

IMO the only segment that felt like it lasted too long was the RE 5 and 6 reveal that lasted 2 minutes, especially considering that it focused mostly on RE 1 that came out last month.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Dezzy

Miyazaki has said that the gameplay of Elden Ring will be based heavily on Dark Souls.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/438896/elden-ring-gameplay-is...

I think that translates to "it's another Dark Souls game" pretty much. It they're trying for something to be noticeably different, they usually hesitate about the direct comparisons like that. With Sekiro for example, they didn't say it was heavily based on Dark Souls.

So I'm interpreting this as just "It's Dark Souls 4 but we wanted a new name".

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

E3 2020 begins in 362 days (June 9-June 11, 2020). Should be loads better then this year I'd wager

redd214

Grumblevolcano

I feel the pace would've been better if at least 1 of the Smash characters were revealed elsewhere so like DQ Hero at the Smash tournament or Square Enix conference, Banjo at the Microsoft conference.

Sure the Smash presence wasn't anywhere near as extreme as last year but still a bit too much.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Dezzy wrote:

Miyazaki has said that the gameplay of Elden Ring will be based heavily on Dark Souls.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/438896/elden-ring-gameplay-is...

I think that translates to "it's another Dark Souls game" pretty much. It they're trying for something to be noticeably different, they usually hesitate about the direct comparisons like that. With Sekiro for example, they didn't say it was heavily based on Dark Souls.

So I'm interpreting this as just "It's Dark Souls 4 but we wanted a new name".

My guess is Dark Souls gameplay but with a more overt plot attached to it rather than just item descriptions and environmental clues. Would definitely appreciate that

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I feel the pace would've been better if at least 1 of the Smash characters were revealed elsewhere so like DQ Hero at the Smash tournament or Square Enix conference, Banjo at the Microsoft conference.

Sure the Smash presence wasn't anywhere near as extreme as last year but still a bit too much.

I really don't understand why they would do that? SSB is Nintendo's game, and Smash fans are more likely to watch their conference than someone else's. I highly doubt anyone watching Microsoft's conference who doesn't already own a Nintendo Switch and a copy of Smash Ultimate would appreciate sitting through a segment about a new DLC character coming to Nintendo's platform, even if said character is from a dead franchise that Microsoft technically owns, but they hardly ever use outside of crossovers and cameos. Sure, The Hero could've been annouced during Square-Enix's conference, but that would just mean many of Smash Ultimate's core audience members - the ones who already own the game and would be most likely to buy DLC for it - would miss the trailer and have to look up the trailer later. And that's assuming that they even know about it and care enough about it to put in the extra effort. On the other hand, Dragon Quest's Hero being at Nintendo's conference might get people saying, "yeah, this guy seems like he'll be fun to play," some of whom may become more interested in Dragon Quest and notice that DQ11 is coming to the Switch. It's actually more beneficial to Square-Enix that the trailer was shown at Nintendo's conference, rather than at their own.

Remember, at the end of the day, these are just advertisements, so they need to be shown where they think their target-audience's eyes will be looking, and without demanding too much from said audience.

Oh yeah, also, Nintendo likes to structure their Directs so that things that are coming out sooner are shown first. So, the only reason we got two trailers for Smash Bros. DLC characters is because they had two characters to shown that are coming out this year - The Hero in Summer 2019, and Banjo & Kazooie in Fall 2019. I probably should've started with that, but screw it, I already wrote the rest.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

link3710

Well, time to see how my prediction held up:

NOPE - 2 Minute trailer + 2 Minutes talk on a collaborative new game reveal, likely a new IP.
YUP - 1 Minute trailer on Pokemon Sun + Moon, retread of whatever trailer is released a couple weeks earlier by TPC.
NOPE - 1 Minute trailer + 1 Minute talk on Town, revealing actual gameplay and release date
YUP, Witcher 3 - 1 Minute trailer on a third party title, either a big name port or something new and exclusive
NOPE - 1 Minute trailer on Mario Maker confirming Multiplayer
NOPE - 1 Minute trailer + 1 Minute talk on a new Kirby Spinoff
NOPE - 1 Minute trailer on Doom: Eternal, revealing something unique to the Switch version (Metroid themed costume?)
YUP (Spyro Trilogy being relegated there) - 3 Minute Sizzle Reel, including a mix of major 3rd party, Indie, and recent Nintendo releases including Marvel Ultimate Alliance and at least one game that we all wonder why it didn't get the spotlight
YUP - 1 Minute final trailer on FE:TH
YUP, more or less - 1 Minute trailer + 2 Minute talk on Luigi's Mansion
YUP, more or less, Sonic and Mario - 30 second trailer + 30 second talk on something new and Sonic related for 2020
NOPE, 1 Minute Announcement of Wonderful 101 Port
30 second trailer + 30 second talk on new Fatal Frame for late 2019
YUP, more or less 1 Minute trailer + 2 Minute talk on Astral Chain
YUPish, but way shorter 3 Minute trailer + 5 minutes talk on Animal Crossing
NOPE - One more thing: A new out of the blue IP revival reveal, either Golden Sun 4 or a new Punchout

I'd say I was pretty far off this year, but ah well.

link3710

iKhan

Is anyone else really annoyed by the cursing at Bethesda's conference? I find it really unprofessional.

You don't watch Apple hold a keynote and hear a bunch of F-bombs dropped. Or Disney. Or any other major tech or entertainment company. They act professionally.

I think the cursing might have served a purpose back in 2007 to really drive home the idea that games aren't a child's medium anymore, but I think nowadays, it sends the opposite message. That "we at Bethesda curse, so we're cool right" that would only resonate with a 14 year old.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Buizel

@iKhan I didn't see Bethesda's conference, but I totally get unnecessary cursing...its something that put me off Beyond Good and Evil 2 in it's first trailer a few years back.

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

PikPi wrote:

My guess is Dark Souls gameplay but with a more overt plot attached to it rather than just item descriptions and environmental clues. Would definitely appreciate that

It can't attach too much plot or it won't still be a Dark Souls style game. That sense of loneliness and the feeling that you're just one fairly insignificant person fighting through a vast and terrifying world, is part of what made the series great.
You can't add too much story without risking that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Heavyarms55

@iKhan "That "we at Bethesda curse, so we're cool right" that would only resonate with a 14 year old." That is probably exactly what they were going for. But there is also that crowd of people who like it when politicians curse too. They claim it makes them "more human" and don't like the "fake professional attitude". So they might have been going for that as well.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

CanisWolfred

@iKhan No, I didn't even notice, nor would I have found it to be much of an issue compared to the many other problems with Bethesda's conference. It's just yet another reason to take nothing they said on stage seriously and approach their games with a boatload of skepticism.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sorry, this topic has been locked.