Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2019 Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 575

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
Insteresting random thing, i put my little hope for new Xbox machine to able read ALL OG Xbox, Xbox 360 & Xbox One discs regardless of their region so i can play these games :
XBOX
1. Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 1, 2, 3 & 4

XBOX 360
2. Dance Dance Revolution Universe 1, 2 & 3
3. Dance Evolution (with Kinect)
4. Kinect Adventure
5. The Sims 3 Pets
6. Final Fantasy XIII

XBOX ONE
7. Portal Knights
8. The Sims 4
9. Disneyland Adventures

I really hope All those games above can be played in one new Xbox machine so i can save my money to not buy a lot of Xbox machines just only for 1 or 2 games only for each machines.

And i really really hope the U/I design before playing will be Simple and Clean like Switch / PS4 / 3DS / Wii U / Wii, not complicated like Xbox One U/I

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Matthew010

@Anti-Matter If you're interested in Final Fantasy ans Disneyland Adventures, does Kingdom Hearts 3 not appeal to you? I agree, though, a backwards compatible, region-free XBOX would be great!

Matthew010

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
Hmm...
Kingdom Hearts 3 will be tough choice for me since i'm tired with all Organization XIII nonsenses by keep terrorizing Disney World with all their muttering words and Heartless.
I'm fine with Disney characters but i'm kinda lost my interest with Organization XIII and all their nonsenses. Like i watch telenovela / soap opera with no clear ending and no solutions.
I will take a look again Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay from Youtube, perhaps i will change my mind a bit, but it also depend from the ability of new Xbox machine to read and play the previous games physically.

Anti-Matter

redd214

EA Play Schedule (all times at US Pacific)

9:15am: Countdown to EA PLAY
9:30am: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Hosted by Greg MIller and Andrea Rene
10:00am: Apex Legends - Hosted by Alex "Goldenboy" Mendez
10:30am: Battlefield V - Hosted by Julia Hardy and Adam Freeman (EA)
11:00am: FIFA 20 - Hosted by Alex "Goldenboy" Mendez
11:30am: Madden NFL 20 - Hosted by Adam Rank
12:00pm: The Sims 4 - Hosted by Andrea Rene

Really hope there is a surprise in there somewhere cause that looks pretty anemic. Will probably turn it off after the Star Wars bit, (though Madden is a gaurenteed buy don't really need to see any of it)

redd214

Anti-Matter

@redd214
Is that The Sims 4 just for only PC version or PS4 / XBOX ONE version or could it be.... for Nintendo Switch ?!

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter I think the problem with that theory is the legal issues involved with region locking. Just because a machine can BC emulate, it doesn't escape the legal clauses that established the region dependence for the content. I'm not sure legally that could be done retroactively.

@redd214 Oh gawd, please no, not Andrea Rene again.....anything but that..... Just announce more loot boxes or something...it's got to be better than suffering through that again......

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
I just wonder about Wii U.
Wii U can play ALL Wii games, including ALL Dance Dance Revolution for Wii regardless of their licensed songs inside.
If Wii U can read ALL Wii games, why don't the new XBOX ?

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter That's interesting, I didn't realize that about the Wii emulator in WiiU. I wonder how that was handled, legally, especially with both Wii and WiiU itself being region locked consoles.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@Anti-Matter That’s 2 different types of backwards compatibility. Wii games on Wii U use the discs directly (you just put it in and it plays) meanwhile Xbox and 360 games work as just a license key for a separate digital version. Harmonix (the creators of the Rock Band and Dance Central franchises) recently revealed that even if Microsoft could do backwards compatibility for peripheral and Kinect games then the music licensing would prevent RB and DC from being added.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

I'm glad EA is doing their own thing the week before E3. They botched their 2018 presentation so effectively that I really don't care about Jedi: Fallen Order at all. Personally, although I appreciate their support of the occasional indie game, I hope the US Senate passes the anti-lootbox bill. Just slam the door on EA's biggest cash cow. I'm tired of seeing EA win "gaming's worst company" award year after year, and having that bill pass the senate would be a wakeup call.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano I'm not sure Harmonix is right on that, for disc games, a license is a license, they're not printing new ones. But they couldn't sell new copies on the store, it would have to be for disc owners only. But they already do that with some games (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Director's Cut, etc.) They're probably issuing "the way we assume it works" statements, not Activision Legal Department Approved Statements.

@Magician wait EA's thing is a week before E3? Guess I'll be missing that one then. Someone wake me if there's a new Bioware RPG or Mirror's Edge game.

NEStalgia

Plexagon

@Matthew010 That smaller title better be punchout. I played it on the NES Online and I just want more!

Hello my dudes. Why do I get stuck waving cages around while Piranha Plant gets all the fun?

Ryu_Niiyama

Curious about the sims 4 content but that is about it from EA. I've given up on seeing NHL on PC or Switch. I feel that DA4 is going to be a train wreck so I'll wait till it is done and at a deep discount...maybe. Depends on the romance options.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FragRed

@Ryu_Niiyama Romance options will require loot boxes. It’ll be entirely random what you get. The more you pay, the ever so slightly better chance it’s remotely decent. And you’ll need to grind to be level 15 before you can romance, but don’t worry you can always slightly speed up progress through the many many micro transactions that’ll be on offer day one.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ryu_Niiyama

@FragRed yeah I only play sims, bioware and NHL from EA so I have not encountered the lootbox outrage that everyone has pitchforks about.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

Magician wrote:

I'm tired of seeing EA win "gaming's worst company" award year after year, and having that bill pass the senate would be a wakeup call.

I'm dubious that EA (or any corporation) can become decent and respectable via government regulation.
They'll just change their angle of opportunism.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@NEStalgia There's no Wii emulator inside a Wii U. The Wii U just plays Wii and GameCube games because it's essentially the same system, but with beefed up specs.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Untitled
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1723653856/re-legend-co-...

OMG...!!
Re:Legend will be presented on E3 2019 according to Magnus Game !
If you still unfamiliar with Re:Legend, that game is basically Rune Factory meets Pokemon / Monster Rancher vibes.
Here is the video pre Alpha gameplay on PC. 😉

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

TOUGHDUDE94

mine predictions
SNES VC on Nintendo online release day of presation
candance of hryrule release that day
Star Fox in Mario Kart 8 dx release that day
next smash fighter release that day(Banjo or Steve from minecraft)
Star Fox switch 2020
street fighter V 2019
Fire emblem three houses
Animal Crossing switch
Pokemon sword and shield
xbox game pass for switch
amiibo showcase
Pikmin 4

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

redd214

@andrew20 Sony paid (partially) for Street Fighter 5 to be made, HIGHLY doubt it'll even come to the switch

redd214

Sorry, this topic has been locked.