Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2018 Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,693 of 1,693

ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia wrote:

...at least thanos is honest about being a mad Titan

Oh, you don't even know the half of it...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Kimyonaakuma

@NEStalgia Thanos is nothing compared to people in marketing! They are wayyy more ruthless
Sam is probably great at her job and I can feel that she's enthusiastic, but she does act like a control freak at times. I guess it's just part of the job...

They do like to have a main focus for each E3 and I guess this year was Smash. Hopefully we'll get a Direct near the end of July and we'll get a better idea of what else is coming to Switch, and maybe see more third party games get the spotlight.

I feel like Chiko has done it before, but I don't blame her it must be frustrating!

Kimyonaakuma

ThanosReXXX

@Kimyonaakuma Errrm.... I actually AM a sales & marketing professional. No offense taken, though...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

-Green-

Too bad I missed a good chunk of E3 this. Tbh, this was a great year overall. A lot of great games on the horizon to play.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ThanosReXXX

@Kimyonaakuma Haha, no worries. I'm the customer-friendly kind...

kkslider5552000

The more I think about it, the more funny it is that instead of getting the Star Fox game everyone already knew about, we got Star Fox in a game that simultaneously is closer to what people wanted, yet is also a game no one would care about if it didn't have Fox in it.

I'm reminded of when they made that weird XCom spinoff to bring the series back, and then a bit later they were like "also i guess you can have a new strategy game or whatever".

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

toiletduck

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Kimyonaakuma Haha, no worries. I'm the customer-friendly kind...

That's what I always say at birthdays too, to make sure I can stay

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

ThanosReXXX

@kkslider5552000 I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

@toiletduck I just don't talk about it on birthdays at all: it's either too touchy a subject, or they simply don't understand what "business to business telesales" means, let alone talking about marketing campaigns...

toiletduck

@ThanosReXXX I can relate to that. I'm currently in marketing automation consultancy at a telco, imagine explaining that in a bar or at a birthday

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX As far as one can go on the food chain from "single cell organism" to "energy based omnipotent being", as a sales and marking professional I suppose you can at least be glad to to sit one rung above lawyer?

NEStalgia

link3710

@kkslider5552000 I mean, I'd planned on getting Starlink long before Fox came in. Fox just made it a day 1 purchase most likely, instead of waiting for the discount bin. But yeah, I don't think I've ever gone into an E3 so heavily expecting one game of a niche IP only to get something so absolutely different with the same one. That's gonna be one of the most memorable parts of this year's IMO.

link3710

ThanosReXXX

@toiletduck Yeah, the thing with family and friends is, that they relate to marketing or sales in a business to consumer way, whereas I only do business to business. Back in the day, when my grandparents were still young, you had these pesky door to door salesmen with vacuum cleaners, pots and pans, encyclopaedia and what not, and these were quite hostile, simply putting their foot in the door so that people were kind of taken aback and overrun with their slippery sales pitch.

So, they and people from my parent's generation, take that memory with them, or into account when they hear the words sales & marketing. What I do, is simply offer myself for hire to any IT or tech related company, to sell or market their product to other companies that they want to have as clients or partners.

But try explaining that to the average Joe. Often leads to more questions than answers...

@NEStalgia I'm a Titan, a demi-god, for all intents and purposes. I'm FAR above lawyers, and even above our current, not really all that exalted president...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.