Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2017 Thread

Posts 61 to 80 of 490

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano True enough. I have absolutely loved 3DS, and if I wasn't able to get my Switch with the shortages I might have had a little jealousy-driven glee that 3DS was getting exclusives, but it does feel a little like, now that Switch is here, they keep putting some of their best games we would have KILLED for in the past 3 years on 3DS, exclusively on 3DS, and not on Switch. I love M&L and missed Superstar Saga, and would have loved to play it on my 3DS any time in the past 6 years.....but now that Switch is out I'm less tempted to spend money on new 3DS games even if they're games I wanted to play otherwise.

NEStalgia

Haru17

Nintendo announces its long-rumored quality of life initiative: HD rumble toothbrushes. Play with added immersion AND freshness!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

IceClimbers

@Haru17 There's an entire industry they can innovate in with HD Rumble ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

That would certainly increase my quality of life

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

A month today is the start of E3 given that Microsoft's press conference is on the Sunday this time, don't know but I think Bethesda is keeping their Sunday slot as well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Untitled

So, according to the Nintendo Spotlight E3 event, am I right in thinking that they are only going to demonstrate, reveal and show the Switch games that are coming out this year, and nothing for us to see in regards to any software for 2018 and beyond?

If so, that is incredibly disappointing!

Unless they have kept something hidden up their sleeves, this means that all we will see from Nintendo themselves are the following:

• Fire Emblem Warriors (a Koei Temco published game)
  • Pokémon Stars (this has not yet been revealed, nor stated as a definite 2017 release)
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I'm trying to remain both enthusiastic and optimistic about this Nintendo Spotlight E3 event however, the sentence that openly says 'tune in for a look at Nintendo Switch games for 2017' doesn't do any favours...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Monado_X

I'm honestly surprised how many people are spouting doom and gloom already. Do people not know the definition of "focus"?

Monado_X

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal I'm just going by what the official statement that Nintendo has put out says; it kind of goes against the 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' phrase, with the basket being firmly settled in 2017, which isn't the most inspiring thing to say.

Let's hope you are right, and that they have yet to reveal other things.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo DarthNocturnal is right. Nintendo always says they're going to focus on the current year and they always slip some next year releases in the presentation. It is mostly going to cover this year though. It can be a good thing, if the upcoming holiday season is absolutely packed with games we don't know about yet.

ARMS comes out right after E3, so they're definitely going to focus on that game too. There's a Fire Emblem confirmed for 2018 as well, right? Some indie games, maybe unannounced third party support? Who knows if From Software really got DS3 running on the Switch, maybe we'll get a port, or the entire trilogy? I want them to surprise me.

Octane

FGPackers

Don't forget the Capcom major game and the Tales game

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Octane

@FGPackers Yeah that's true. Out of all the third party companies, Capcom was the most involved with the Switch it seems. RE7 port? They did say they were working on getting the game running on the Switch. The new game is maybe Monster Hunter, but who knows if that's going to be a Switch game or not. Just like with Pokemon, there's actually a chance it may end up on the 3DS...

Octane

FGPackers

@Octane I really hope it can be a MH for Switch. Never played one and i really wanted to. I wanted to grab 3 Ultimate on Wii U but price was always too much high to get it at the end of life cycle of the system

FGPackers

Octane

@FGPackers I have a copy, but I haven't touched it yet. I got it really cheap early on, even though I hadn't finished the Wii version I got it anyway. It ended up in my backlog...

Octane

TuVictus

@DarthNocturnal That's my thinking and hope as well! The switch is pretty much the perfect animal crossing device. On the TV or even on the go. I think that's why New Leaf was such a success apart from the few things it added to the formula. In comparison City Folk felt too restricting being confined to the TV

TuVictus

FGPackers

@DarthNocturnal i meant that i would really love that. After the entire day spent at university i'm a little bit tired

FGPackers

TOUGHDUDE94

Predictions version 1.0 for showcase
Switch
1.Super Mario odyssey
2.switch online service and virtual console.
3.Retro title
4.smash 4 port(launching on start of paid online).
5.rabbits and Mario
6.other games
7.pokemon stars
N3DS/Switch
1.fire emblem warriors
Treehouse
1.all upcoming 3ds games
2.upcoming switch games
3.damiound and pearl remakes 3ds/switch
4.gold and silver on 3ds vc
and the best e3 ever is over.
and a switch price drop to 249.99

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

IceClimbers

Early predictions for Nintendo:

-Super Mario Odyssey
-FE Warriors (Marth, Lucina announced as playable)
-Xenoblade 2
-Splatoon 2 (campaign trailer)
-ARMS
-Mario Rabbids
-New Joy-Con colors
-Indie segment
-Kirby's Blowout Blast available now during Treehouse segment.

Not expecting:
-Fire Emblem Switch
-VC/online

And now, just to play with fire: A Smash Bros port does not get announced.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.