Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2017 Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 490

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

Nintendo review:

The Bad:

• I get it, Nintendo wants to be to the point. But that was too short. Give us some concept art and a developer comment on Prime 4. Give us some more gameplay.
  • It seems like Nintendo hasn't learned their lesson about 2D platformers on home consoles. It's not that 2D Platformers are bad games, but they can't leverage powerful hardware. They are really best reserved for the weakest hardware available.

The Good:

• The Treehouse surprises were great.
  • I loved that Nintendo had the balls to tease something that they have little to show for. They kind of stopped doing that back in the Wii U days.
  • A solid number of good looking games, and it's very clear Nintendo will have a steady stream of games through 2018.
  • Mario Odyssey looks like a must buy, and is really bucking Mario trends.
  • No Retro game

No seriously, where is the ignore button? I forgot how hard it was to read posts that are this wrong...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

@CanisWolfred
I put the Retro comment in the wrong category. I'm not happy about that. That should have been in the bad.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

IceClimbers

@iKhan There really isn't any lesson to be learned regarding 2D platformers.

Switch is their only hardware going forward. Notice the complete lack of 2018 3DS titles and Pokemon being confirmed for Switch. Them being on Switch is right move.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Henmii

"Pokemon being confirmed for Switch"

What if its just Pokemon Ultra moon/Sun deluxe? Or a totally new Pokemon, that's ALSO coming to 3DS? I would laugh if that happens!

Also, the 3DS must be dead a 100 times according to this site. But guess what, Nintendo keeps going on with it. No complaints from me. If the games are good I'll buy. That my 3DS is fricking old doesn't matter!

Henmii

IceClimbers

@Henmii Did you not read the "complete lack of 2018 titles" part? There's NO games coming to the 3DS in 2018 outside a couple localizations as of right now. Not even from third parties.

CanisWolfred

Quick Question for anyone who saw Devolver Digital's presentation: Did they actually show any games??? I can't find any articles on what was presented there...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Henmii

@IceClimbers,

No 3DS games confirmed for 2018 YET. I am sure there will be 3DS games next year too. The 3DS still sells like hotcakes in Japan, and someday (maybe by the end of next year) there will be a succesor. Nintendo managing one device only...aint gonna happen.

Henmii

iKhan

@IceClimbers

I don't see enough info to make that assumption yet. Everyone is assuming Nintendo is lying, but that is quite the assumption.

No, Nintendo never said they weren't ending the Wii U for the Switch. They said it wasn't a "mere replacement", implying it wasn't just a Wii U 2. It was something more than that.

Even if it is the case, I'd much rather see a 3D Yoshi platformer. I grew up in the N64/ GC days, so to me, 2D platformers aren't an item of nostalgia.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Qwertyninty

I mean does Activision have anything for switch? Pretty bummed I won't have a military shooter I can play anywhere. I mean no one saw this as a need? Hopefully an indie comes out of no where and get the job done.

Edited on by Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

IceClimbers

@iKhan @Henmii Pokemon. It being on Switch is confirmation enough to know that it's the successor to the 3DS. It's the handheld franchise.

iKhan

Qwertyninty wrote:

I mean does Activision have anything for switch? Pretty bummed I won't have a military shooter I can play anywhere. I mean no one saw this as a need? Hopefully an indie comes out of no where and get the job done.

@Qwertyninty

Give it a few months. If the Switch keeps selling like it is, Activision will chase the install base like they did with the Wii.

Qwertyninty

@iKhan

I'm holding out a little bit of hope. I personally would take a modern warfare remaster over the new ww. They did announce their Wii U games later in the year after E3 so their is a little hope.

Qwertyninty

kkslider5552000

@CanisWolfred

They showed 2 or 3 games at the "conference" (most notably a new Serious Sam) and then had a neverending post-show with some games. The weirdest thing is that they showed what seemed to be an NES Remix/Warioware equivalent for old NeoGeo games, and I'm genuinely unsure if that was purely a joke or an actual thing they're making.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DarkRula

Treehouse never mentioned any names for games for tomorrow, like they did yesterday for Pokken.
Think this is gonna be a surprise or new game?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

skywake

Henmii wrote:

No 3DS games confirmed for 2018 YET. I am sure there will be 3DS games next year too. The 3DS still sells like hotcakes in Japan, and someday (maybe by the end of next year) there will be a succesor. Nintendo managing one device only...aint gonna happen.

They already have a 3DS successor, they're just dragging out support for 3DS more than Wii U. They didn't merge their portable and non-portable teams for optics. The tech has got to the point where a device can live in both spaces. If they can now do that why split their audience?

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TuVictus

They did announce that sushi game for 2018, technically

TuVictus

IceClimbers

@Operative2-0 Those comments were made before that was revealed

Pretty sure Sushi Striker is an eShop game though.

TuVictus

I know, was just providing an update

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

I'm thinking tomorrow will feature:
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Kirby Switch
Kirby Blowout Blast
Ever Oasis
Hey Pikmin
1 or 2 surprise announcements (maybe the reveal of the 3DS multiplayer Kirby game announced in the ARMS + Splatoon 2 Direct?)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.