Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2017 Thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 490

Monado_X

Hey, guys. I posted some predictions for Nintendo on another thread without realizing this one existed, so it got locked. Do you mind if I just copy and paste them here. It's a really long post.

Monado_X

LzWinky

That's fine.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Monado_X

Alright. Thanks.

E3 is just a little over a month away, and there have already been rumblings about what will be announced. The next few weeks will definitely have rumors galore, like every year. However, I wanted to make a thread discussing what I think The Big N will announce at this years E3. I'll organize them into a few categories based on probability, ranging from Guaranteed (since nothing's really confirmed as of yet) to Not Going to Happen. Since this is more of a predictions list rather than a wish list, I'll try to keep my predictions reasonable. Feel free to add your predictions and discuss down below. This will be a pretty long post, so bear with me.

To begin, I'm predicting that Nintendo will have it's "usual" E3 format. We already know that they're not hosting a live stage show/press conference. I believe that we'll get a 45 to 60 minute Digital Event like in years passed, along with Treehouse streaming. There's also a Splatoon 2 Tournament, but I'm not entirely sure if they'll stream it, like the did with Smash or the Nintendo World Championships. I hope they do, however. My predictions will be based on what I think will be or could be shown off during the Digital Event, since there's no telling what the Treehouse could unveil. Looking back at all previous Digital Events, barring last year, of course, I'm predicting an average of 10 to 15 games, if the presentation is around 45 minutes long. That seems to be the trend. Not every prediction will be about games, as Virtual Console and online services are likely to be discussed in some form during the Event. Let's get started. I'll also break down my predictions and add notes after I put them all down.

Guaranteed (Games that will definitely be there):
Super Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
ARMS
Virtual Console
Online Services

Probably:
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Sonic Forces
Sonic Mania
Ever Oasis
Miitopia
Hey! Pikmin
Breath of the Wild DLC Pack 1
New Kirby 3DS game

Maybe:
Project Octopath Traveler
SNES Mini
Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Shin Megami Tensei Deep Strange Journey
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Etrian Odyssey V/Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2
Smash Bros Deluxe
Payday 2
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
NBA 2K18
Resident Evil VII
Dark Souls III/Trilogy
New IP
Retro's new game
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes

Probably Not:
Shin Megami Tensei Switch
Pokemon Stars
Anything Bayonetta
Fire Emblem Switch
Mario Kart 9
Pikmin Switch
Kingdom Hearts 3
New Paper Mario
Animal Crossing Switch

Not Gonna Happen:
Metroid
F-Zero
Mother 3 English release
Kid Icarus Uprising port/sequel
New Smash Bros (Not Smash 4)
New Zelda
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Eternal Darkness
Golden Sun

Notes:

Mario Odyssey: Will probably be Nintendo's headliner, like Smash and Zelda in years prior. Expect a decent chunk of time going to the game, with a new trailer and release date.

Splatoon 2: Probably a new trailer with new characters, gear and stages. Probably show off the campaign/story mode. Maybe the tournament will be streamed live before E3, such as the Sunday before, like the Nintendo World Championship.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: New trailer, maybe in English. I'm predicting it to be pushed back to early 2018.
Fire Emblem Warriors: New, longer trailer revealing playable characters, modes and a release date. I'm predicting a September release.

ARMS: Most likely a short plug about it releasing the Friday after E3, and probably a time slot or two during the Treehouse, but not much besides that, since the release is literally after E3.

Virtual Console and Online Services: I'm lumping these two together because they play off each other. I believe that Nintendo will announce the pricing for its online services, discuss the app and benefits and show off Virtual Console. I'm expecting typical NES and SNES games to launch. Maybe carry over from Wii U and 3DS, but I doubt it.

Skyrim: Probably a new trailer and release date. Maybe some Nintendo exclusive content, akin to the Nintendo themed outfits in Bayonetta. Maybe the Master Sword as weapon or something. I feel that Nintendo will push this game a little more than others, since it is a fairly prominent third party game.

Sonic Forces/Mania: Probably a launch trailer for Mania and a new trailer for Forces. Maybe even a release date. Not much besides that.

Ever Oasis: New trailer. It release a week after ARMS, so they probably won't mention it too much.

Miitopia: New trailer. They'll most likely spend more time on this game than they should. Typical "Mii" based game.

Hey! Pikmin: Launches the same day as Miitopia. Probably a short trailer.

Breath of the Wild DLC: Listed as a "Summer" launch. Will probably be discussed in further detail.

New Kirby 3DS game: More details on the previously announced Kirby 3DS fighting game. Fall release.

Project Octopath Traveler: I doubt that this is the official name, but knowing Square, who knows. Anyway, I'm expecting a new trailer with a release date and more info. Probably a 2018 release.

SNES Mini: There have been rumblings about the SNES Mini ever since Nintendo stopped production of the NES Mini. I'm predicting a holiday release with 30 major SNES Games. Think Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, a Donkey Cong Country game (probably 1 or 2), F-Zero, maybe a Final Fantasy or Castlevania. I'm predicting a higher price point, maybe $80 or $90.

Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Even more rumors about this one lately. I'm predicting it being shown off first at Ubisoft's presser, but it'll most likely get time during Nintendo's event as well. Not sure what to expect with this one, to be honest. Probably a winter release.

ATLUS 3DS lineup (SMT Strange Journey, Etrian Odyssey V, etc): I'm lumping these together, since they're similar, niche JRPGs. I doubt they're be shown off at E3, but a localization announcement may come in the months following E3.

Smash Bros Deluxe: I'm predicting that Smash Bros Deluxe will be announced with all of the DLC included, similar to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It would make sense, seeing how successful the latter game has been. Expect a winter release.

Payday 2 + NBA 2K18: These two games will most likely be in a third-party sizzle reel with whatever else might be announced.

Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions: This one's a fairly recent rumor, but it has quite a bit of evidence to back it up, especially now that it's 3DS home icon has been shown off. Expect a fall release.

Resident Evil VII: This one's a stretch, but reports have shown that Capcom is working to try and get the RE Engine working on Switch, which is what Resident Evil VII runs on. Capcom also worked heavily with Nintendo in developing the Switch.

Dark Souls III/Trilogy: This could be one of two things. Reports said that From Software had Dark Souls III running on Switch at an "acceptable" level a few months ago. They've also been listed as a certified developer by Nintendo. So, I'm predicting that Dark Souls III will be released on Switch with all the DLC included. Probably a late 2017/early 2018 release. A trilogy release may happen as well, but I see that being less likely.

New IP: In a recent interview with Fox, Reggie said that this year's E3 will be "big" and that they're "excited" He also talked about new IP. We might possibly see a new IP from Nintendo at the show. Expect a 2018 release if one is announced.

Retro's new game: Retro Studios hasn't release anything since Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze in 2014. My guess is that their new project might be shown off. I don't know what it'll be. I doubt it'll be a new Donkey Kong entry.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes: If the trend continues, Diamond and Pearl should be up next for the remake treatment. However, if they're shown off, it'll most likely be a short announcement trailer and a 2018 release window.

Shin Megami Tensei Switch: I think it's too early to discuss the game. We barely saw anything during the January reveal, so I'm not expecting the game to show up.

Pokemon Stars: While I believe that a third Alolan region game will be released, I doubt it'll be shown off at this year's E3, as it's too close to the original release of Sun and Moon. (I personally prefer the thought of the games following the BW/B2W2 trend and being called Solar/Lunar Eclipse, but that's just me).

Anything Bayonetta: I doubt that anything Bayonetta related will be shown off this year. I doubt that Platinum has had the time to develop a port of the original two games, let alone a third entry. Maybe next year.

Fire Emblem Switch: Listed as a 2018 game, we might see a short reveal trailer showing off the concept, similar to Fate's reveal back in January of 2015. However, I doubt we'll get much info on it at this year's show.

Mario Kart 9: I think that there will be a decent span of time between 8 Deluxe and 9, so we most likely won't see anything at E3 this year.

Pikmin Switch: While Pikmin 4 has been stated to be in development, I doubt anything will be discussed at the show this year, since Hey! Pikmin is launching in the following month. We also don't know if Hey! Pikmin was the Pikmin game they were discussing or just a side game.

Kingdom Hearts 3: While there are 20 Unreal Engine 4 games in development for the Switch in Japan, I doubt we'll see anything regarding Kingdom Hearts III. If we do, don't expect anything before winter 2018.

New Paper Mario: Color Splash launched last year, so I doubt that Intelligent Systems has had time to develop a new game in the series. I also think that the response to the two most recent games will also make it less likely that one shows up.

Animal Crossing Switch: Again, another game that will most likely come, but later down the line. I don't think there's been enough time to develop it yet. Maybe next year.

Metroid: This one isn't happening. With Federation Force being a commercial and critical flop and Other M receiving flak from series fans, I doubt that Nintendo has much incentive to make a new game in the franchise. I honestly think that Federation Force was the last nail in the coffin for the series.

F-Zero: The most recent F-Zero game was released on the Gamecube in 2003. There haven't been any sort of rumors or anything regarding a new F-Zero game, and with 200CC and F-Zero tracks in Mario Kart 8, I doubt that a new entry will be made.

Mother 3 English release: Not gonna happen. Plain and simple.

Kid Icarus Uprising port/sequel: With Sora Ltd. being disbanded, I don't think Nintendo will be developing a sequel to Uprising. A port is more likely, but I doubt even that will happen.

New Smash Bros (Not Smash 4): Way too early in the console's life cycle to discuss a new Smash. And with Sakurai's health concerns during and after Smash 4's development, I doubt that we'll see it anytime soon.

New Zelda: Duh.

Final Fantasy VII Remake: It's a Sony timed-exclusive. While it is on Unreal Engine 4 and a timed-exclusive, we may see it eventually. But not this year.

Eternal Darkness: Silicon Knights has gone defunct and I doubt that Nintendo will revive the horror franchise.

Golden Sun: The series hasn't seen a release since 2010, and I doubt another game will be produced.

Advance Wars: Will FE Switch and Shadows of Valentia being developed, I doubt Intelligent Systems has even thought about Advance Wars.

So, those are my Way Too Early Nintendo E3 predictions. Feel free to discuss down below. If there's something you believe differently, feel free to state it! I wanna see what everyone else thinks will happen.

Monado_X

Bolt_Strike

They really need another E3 like 2014. Just announcement after announcement featuring a wide variety of titles. Now that the Switch is out they need to show what

As far as exact predictions:

-Details on Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, and Sonic Forces.
-Retro's game
-Metroid
-New Pokemon game on 3DS
-Smash Bros. port
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on Switch
-Pikmin 4
-Kirby 3DS
-New IP
-Third party stuff
-BotW DLC
-Virtual console, browser app, and other Switch features.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GrailUK

Call me cynical, but I think Nintendo needs another flop before they cave and give us Mother 3 in desperation.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

CrazedCavalier

To preface with some other stuff: I don't care what Sony does. E3 2015 has shown that if all they did was get up on stage and yell at people to be hyped, people would be hyped.
Definitely interested in the Phantom Dust remake on Xbox One (the original was slightly before my time). Scalebound's cancellation is still disappointing, but I hope there's a surprise project there to catch my interest.

Anyways, as for Nintendo:
Pretty much definitely:
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Splatoon 2
-Xenoblade 2
-Switch VC and Online services

Potentially:
-Something Pokemon related (be it Stars or DP remakes)
-Monster Hunter XX (with a Switch port)
-FESwitch (nothing more than a teaser, and depends on how gutsy they're feeling-- though I called it's announcement during the FE Direct with the same reasoning)
-Smash 4 Switch port

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Octane

@CrazedCavalier I mean, the Shenmue part was stupid imo, but that was a great conference: Horizon reveal, Final Fantasy 7 remake and The Last Guardian.

Anyway, the rumour mill has been slowly picking up pace. There may or may not be a Metroid game in development, it may or may not be developed by Retro Games, and some are even suggesting two Metroid games are in development: https://gamersplash.com/2017/05/07/two-new-metroid-games-bein...

Another rumour talks about Far Cry 5, it's supposedly a spaghetti western. Awful timing if true...http://wccftech.com/far-cry-5-spaghetti-western-19th-america/

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane Haven't there been "two metroid games in development" for the past 2 E3's

Not that they HAVEN'T been, but it's becoming like Half-Life3 at this poitn

A spaghetti western FC5? That sounds April Fools. It's very "not Far Cry".....but I'd actually buy it, that sounds awesome. Please come to Switch! OTOH doesn't a time traveling Far Cry open world basically become Assassin's Creed?

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Well, the idea is definitely no joke. Ubisoft had a poll (2015 iirc) about where the fans would like to see the franchise go next. Western was one of the many poll answers. I don't think they ever released the results, but maybe it was the most popular vote? It's just with RDR2 this year... Bad timing if true.

Octane

IceClimbers

@Octane Yeah, I don't believe the Metroid rumor simply because it's from SuperMetalDave64. No way anybody with inside info goes anywhere near him after the way he handled the 3DS lineup leak.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

Man, two Metroids? I'm skeptical of even one being in development, much less Prime 4. I mean, unless Tanabe was lying through his teeth, or if, for some bizarre reason, he's not the director of Prime anymore and Retro was working on it without his knowledge

TuVictus

Monado_X

I can't take anything SuperMetalDave says seriously. He was completely wrong about the Switch, said it wouldn't be a hybrid. I honestly doubt that a Metroid is being developed.

Monado_X

OorWullie

I find any rumours regarding 1st party titles hard to believe,Nintendo rarely let anything slip when it comes to their big titles,let alone to someone like SupermetalDave64 who has surely lost what little credibility he had since the Switch reveal.

That website updated their article to say

"Climax Studios may not be developing the second Metroid game, after all. The studio has repeatedly denied the news on Twitter. Supermetaldave64 has now said it could be another studio Nintendo has worked with before, if not Climax Studios."

So the studio mentioned in the rumour denied the rumour (you don't say) so it's probably not them then.As if to say that if it was true then surely they would have admitted it.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Monado_X

I think anyone EXPECTING a new metroid is setting the themselves up for disappointment. I don't see a problem with hoping for one, but expecting one is silly, I think. I can see the doom and gloom from fans if one isn't announced this E3.

Monado_X

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Well the 2 Metroid games thing was first discussed at E3 2014 (1 Prime, 1 2D). The Prime game was likely Federation Force in 2015 so that leaves a 2D Metroid which may get announced at E3 but if Nintendo really wants to troll the fanbase they could make the 2D Metroid 3DS exclusive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

If they really wanted to troll us it would be a 2D Metroid, but a level-based 2D Metroid designed like Chibi Robo Zip Lash. They use it and Federation Force's sales to determine if they should kill off the franchise or not.

TuVictus

OorWullie

Chibi Samus in Denim World - A brand new episodic series of one button mini games even your Grandma can play.Exclusive to the New 2DSXL.Stay tuned to E3 and Treehouse to find out more.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Luke64

Tinted Brass Daisy, Cream light Magenta Wario, Dirt brown Waluigi, and Soured Lime Baby Luigi DLC

Nintendo Rules
NES Classic Edition Owner
Come on Reggie, Give us Mother 3!
#Vapenation
Keyblade Wielder and Jedi
History is cool

Grumblevolcano

@Operative2-0 Just releasing on 3DS is enough of a troll to be honest. Lots of Nintendo fans seem annoyed that 3DS exclusives still exist and that Nintendo should instead just release everything for Switch. It was somewhat present with early 2017 games like the Yoshi's Woolly World port and Mario Sports Superstars but the frustration seems much more prominent with stuff like the Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga remake and of course the biggest concern that Pokemon Stars is real but 3DS exclusive.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.