Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2017 Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 490

Late

These aren't necessarily predictions, more like a personal dream line-up:

Pokémon:
Continue from where Sun & Moon left off. Start from Kanto, help Lillie and her mother while there and then go back to Alola with them. Two regions in one game. Would be kind of a sequel to Red & Blue at the same time.

WarioWare:
I think it's time for a new WarioWare game. 1-2-Switch had some good ideas but WarioWare could bring it to another level with its fast gameplay and wackiness.

Daigasso Band Brothers / Jam With the Band:
With Rhythm Heaven team working on WarioWare and iNiS working on Project Rap Rabbit (I would've preferred a new Ouendan/EBA game), there's still one team I'd like to see work on their next rhythm game. I think it's time for Daigasso to become a worldwide hit. And even if it weren't released outside of Japan, I could at least get it this time unlike Daigasso Band Brothers P.

Advance Wars:
Intelligent Systems seems to have their hands full of Fire Emblem games now that it's successful but I personally want them to return to Advance Wars series. People have already started making their clones (Wargroove). There's demand. Make it happen.

Civilization:
I want to play Civilization on Switch. I'll take a spin-off if it's too much of a hassle to bring the latest one (which I'd imagine to be hard). DS got Civilization so why not?

Project Psync:
Zero Escape series creator's newest game. I want more information and I want it to be available on Switch.

A sequel to The World Ends With You, Ghost Trick or Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Ports of games I love so I can play everything on the same device:
Spelunky - While Switch is getting a lot of good indies, this game would be a nice addition.
XCOM - I love strategy games.
Kingdom Hearts - It's time to get the main series on a Nintendo platform.
Danganronpa - Other visual novels are welcome too.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Late

@Frosty_09 That's certainly good news. And yes, I do love DS games. I'm still playing and buying them just as much as I'm playing and buying 3DS games. I have 70 or so DS games currently. I'm still missing quite a few I want to play before I can be happy with my DS collection.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Linoshi

I really hope Nintendo announces a shed load of new games, I really don't want the Switch to have the same issue of the WiiU where the system had such a small library of games.

Linoshi

RR529

Some pinball wishes (though I know announcements like these would likely be too small to be in any of the main presentations).

Zen - Official announcement of a Switch release (if it hasn't been announced already), with a Nintendo themed table (or tables). There is a Ms. 'Splosion Man table exclusive to MS platforms, so it's not like they haven't released platform exclusive tables before (besides, Nintendo may let them release the tables on mobile as well).

Also, it's about darn time the Street Fighter & Ninja Gaiden tables were released on mobile and Nintendo platforms as well. For the longest time they were only available on PS3, but in addition to PS4 they also arrived on X1, so they're definitely not PS exclusive.

The Pinball Arcade: Highly unlikely since they have no platform exclusive tables, but I'd like to see them recreate the real world Super Mario table.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MarcelRguez

@Linoshi Don't set your expectations too high, then. I'm sure they'd rather distribute reveals through the year instead of blowing their load at E3. For better or worse, Nintendo doesn't approach E3 the same way Sony does anymore.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Well here's one of their major E3 reveals that's been leaked:

Untitled

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarcelRguez

@Linoshi 'A few' is fair, I think. M+R will be one. Pikmin 4 might be another. Maybe Smash as well, although I doubt it. Other than that, it's anyone's guess.

I'd say between two of those plus everything that's coming put in the following months, this E3 has the potential to best their last two years, easily.

MarcelRguez

TuVictus

Nintendo must be really upset with that leak. That's the kind of announcement where you want to control the message as much as possible so people don't instantly write it off due to its very strange and unexpected nature. Kind of like what's happening all over the internet right now, haha

TuVictus

Luna_110

I doubt we'll see Smash this year, though. They will release Arms and I doubt they want to overshadow it. It could be a heavy hitter for the next year though.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Linoshi

@MarcelRguez After the failure of the WiiU I am really rooting for Nintendo and I really hope this years E3 will be a smash for them.

I think the introduction of further new IP's is possibly the way to go rather than relying constantly on their old ones. There were rumours during the WiiU's launch about various planned new IP's which never seemed to see the light of day, it's possible these have now been saved for the Switch? I'll guess we'll see.

Linoshi

NaviAndMii

@Operative2-0 I dunno - I read recently that almost every game in the Assassin's Creed franchise was leaked before release...either Ubisoft are really, really bad at keeping things under wraps - or these 'leaks' are deliberate and just a part of their wider marketing strategy? My hunch is that it's the latter - of all the images that could have been leaked, it just so happened to be one that looks like a day 1 promo poster for the game...coincidence? I highly doubt it!

...either way, Nintendo will probably count it as a win - Ubisoft is a big tick in the 'third-party support' box - and I bet the 'Mario' licence doesn't come cheap!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@Luna_110 That's my line of thinking as well. Even taking into account ARMS's release date and even if Smash doesn't come out until months after, I'm sure some people will favor Smash over ARMS.

My money's on Smash appearing on a random Direct before the end of the year.

@Linoshi Hmm... I don't recall that rumor, but I don't see why it couldn't be true. They're probably coming up with new IPs all the time, even if most of them don't leave the drawing board. I'm with you, New IPs are always exciting to see.

With that said, some of those old franchises are key to make the initial installbase grow quickly. You know that if Pokémon or Animal Crossing get announced at E3, the fans of those franchises will run to the nearest stores to get a Switch.

Then you have the franchise that are more niche, but luckily have very loyal fans, like Pikmin. I think the Switch will have a varied enough catalog by the end of the year to be worth buying already, but the variety this franchises add sure is welcome. Metroid is a system seller for a lot of people (myself obviously included) who might not be that interested in their other franchises, for example.

MarcelRguez

NaviAndMii

MarcelRguez wrote:

@Luna_110 That's my line of thinking as well. Even taking into account ARMS's release date and even if Smash doesn't come out until months after, I'm sure some people will favor Smash over ARMS.

Yeah, I agree - although my money would be on a Smash port next year, giving ARMS from now until Christmas (at least) to establish itself...we'll see! I think that a Smash port is pretty much inevitable at some point (unless they have a Switch Smash in development) ..there's a ton of demand for a Smash game - and those accompanying amiibo are just a licence to print money!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I feel like their entire plan for Fire Emblem Warriors is really predictable. I believe that the base game will focus on Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon and that we'll see Marth and Lucina confirmed at E3. More playable characters will get revealed in Famitsu in the follow up to release. There'll be a Season Pass with packs that focus on Binding/Blazing Blade, the Radiant games, and Gaiden.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarcelRguez

@IceClimbers I really hope you're wrong, as plausible as that scenario is.

Nevertheless, part of Hyrule Warriors' charm was seeing all those characters from different games together. I'd be surprised if at least Ike isn't included in the base game.

MarcelRguez

-Green-

I want me pretty boys. I'm not even a big Fire Emblem (played like 2 games), but dude.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MarcelRguez

@DarthNocturnal Please be joking. In case you're not, where does that info come from?

And yeah, if the game consists entirely of Awakening and Fates characters + Marth, I'll pass.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal The initial teaser kind of confirmed Marth, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.