Forums

Topic: A protracted conversation between fans of pop-culture that anyone can jump into

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,077

EdFairway

@Karma-Moment
To be fair, Simms' portrayal of the Master has to be seen rather than spoken of. But yeah, my brother and I loved Russell T's run on Doctor Who.
Just listened to Take us Back, beautiful stuff. Tell me, have you listened to Bastion's soundtrack?

Words based on the wisdom of Carlin: "When you're born into this world, you've got a ticket to the freakshow. When you get an internet connection, then you, my friend, have a front row seat"

Solea

@EdFairway

Haven't played it.

Good game?

"You wipe the rim of that bottle and I'll knock you out from my present vantage."

EdFairway

@Karma-Moment
To give you an idea; it's received critical acclaim for it's plot; loveable characters; Demi-Morgan Freeman for a narrator; and the music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzGEiER7mkc
Been playing that track during my punching bag sessions, which I have reduced to a dented mess
By the way when you said "Viewers with that kind of creative ability to personalise elements of shows by inference are a rare breed" did you refer to me or The Master?

Edited on by EdFairway

Words based on the wisdom of Carlin: "When you're born into this world, you've got a ticket to the freakshow. When you get an internet connection, then you, my friend, have a front row seat"

Solea

@EdFairway

It'd be pretty weird if "Mr. The Master" walked the line between being a character and a viewer. Nah, was talking about the bagpipes your brother thought should be played as "Mr. The Master" is interred.

"You wipe the rim of that bottle and I'll knock you out from my present vantage."

EdFairway

@Karma-Moment
The clarification is appreciated
Had it been a real-life conversation, I'd be on the same page instantly, as the context would still be fresh in my head.

Edited on by EdFairway

Solea

@EdFairway

The Oud has always managed to generate so much interest in the Middle-Eastern musical gait for me. Dunno where to begin... give me a few days as I need to ask my uncle for his compilation discs.

Any road... Bastion's use of the gourd must have been pretty evocative of a crumbling facade. They kept laying down da beat knowing well enough that the organic sounds wouldn't be subsumed by thumbing bass as that's usually how their carried in a danceable tune. Middle-eastern goblet drums be pretty loud yo!

5t3v3n

Long time no 'Ste' lol how are you guys doing?

5t3v3n

EdFairway

@5t3v3n
Glad to see you bud. As I mentioned to the others couple weeks back, I visited my big bro in Edinburgh

5t3v3n

@EdFairway
Me too, I'm a late bloomer lol Yeah I read a couple of posts before about that, a wedding venue of sorts and something about vin diesel lol I take it he's keeping well (and getting married?) What about yourself? (the Keeping well part haha)

Edited on by 5t3v3n

5t3v3n

EdFairway

@5t3v3n
To clarify; bro's comparing himself to Diesel thanks to his workout (helps that our paternal grandfather was a former wrestler and bodybuilder), and I swear, even with the stark contrast between him and I: I'm more lean muscular, he's more bulk.
Aside from the Edinburgh trip, I got my A-level results; 2/3, everyone in my family seems to be impressed with the fact I did it without teachers.

5t3v3n

@EdFairway
So you're more like full metal, and he's more like Alphonse size wise? Hehe (I recently just finished watching FMA:brotherhood all over again... phew, it's a commitment to watch but well worth it. It's definitely a toss up between that and Avatar last air bender as the best cartoon/anime. I still really like Re:zero and have watched it dozens of times by now, but I think the other two are better written from a scenario and story point, as they're both clear right from the beginning what their drive and end goal is).

Congrats bro! Are you happy with the results?

5t3v3n

EdFairway

@5t3v3n
Kind of on both; I'm definitely taller than Ed Elric, plus I'm the younger brother; As with the results,though I'm proud, it's small compared to everyone else's reaction.
That reminds me, need to continue on Re:Zero, along with Samurai Champloo and Firefly.

Edited on by EdFairway

5t3v3n

@EdFairway
That's good then, as long as you're happy, that's what counts .
It only had 25 episodes adapted from the light novel, so I'm still awaiting them to announce a second (technically third) season... I may be waiting a fair while, sigh. I've seen Samurai Champloo, though it has been a ages since I did. I remember that Mugen means infinity and that the fight scenes were fun and frantic . I think I've seen 1 episode of Firefly, don't shoot me, but I'm a fan of Alan Tudyk for his voice work, Adam Baldwin in Chuck and Nathan Fillion in Castle and more importantly Dr Horrible's sing-along blog. If you haven't seen the last one, then drop whatever your doing, go watch it, then come back, it's great! Even if you're not a fan of musicals, (which I'm not too keen myself, save a few and I don't include Disney ) it's still enjoyable.

Edited on by 5t3v3n

5t3v3n

EdFairway

@5t3v3n
Don't worry, I remember Tudyk as King Candy in Wreck-it-ralph.

5t3v3n

@EdFairway
Good on ya! He also plays Krei, the rich guy in 'big hero 6'. I'm looking forward to another Wreck it movie though as I really adored the first one, it's one of my favs.

Edited on by 5t3v3n

5t3v3n

EdFairway

@5t3v3n
Now that I think about it: He's been in every modern disney film thus far, he's been the chicken in Moana for goodness sake

5t3v3n

@EdFairway
Yeah I noticed that too, as well as K-2SO in Rogue one. I guess his range is that vast, or at least distinctive enough to warrant the different roles.

Edit: I still received an email with your unedited blurb about black clover... hehe. I've read the manga and I'm looking forward it being adapted, as well as Ballroom e youkoso and Made in Abyss. Plus I'm enjoying the second season of MHA as well. Btw did you know that a FMA live action movie is being made? Alphonse in CGI looks awesome!

Edited on by 5t3v3n

5t3v3n

Solea

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Golf

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVTLnTDA8KU

Thoughts (after contemplating box-art)? I mean, it's a masterpiece in clear messaging. Beatifully communicative. Ninja foreground with curved scimitar (!!) and dimpled-balls strapped to chest AND bag sashed with additional "tools of the trade."

Anyone hear of socksmakepeoplesexy.net?

http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=ff12

What's been happening with some of the people who dug Square games in the 90s? Is it weirdly French and abstract?

@Ralizah "Candy Says" by The Velvets in MGS V burlesque Quiet showering scene classes the whole thing up

@EdFairway Always great to hear good people rewarded for dilligence What subjects did you take?

@5t3v3n

Hi, you! You're being you on NintendoLife again. Yay, you!

Solea

@Ralizah TV Tropes does what the... nah, I'm better than using something just recently gleaned to show off comprehensive ability... hey, this thing's recursive and I'm just Trope-ing it up!

That site is a rabbit hole. I avoid it like the plague. Wikipedia stuffs citations below the body the discursive sub-sections, whereas Tropes thickens and colour codes text-embedded hyperlinks and it's murder

Play MGS V for the game and less for plot. You'll hate yourself for investment less.

Edited on by Solea

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic