Forums

Topic: A protracted conversation between fans of pop-culture that anyone can jump into

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,091

Solea

@Ralizah

Yeah, his characters are drawn to have philtrums both in dynamically lit scenes and subdued ones... philtrums, for God's sake!

I'll definitely give Angel Sanctuary the once-over as it's available on Viz' online store via VPN (in Ethiopia). Us habeshans (thing we call ourselves) game western systems all da time

"You wipe the rim of that bottle and I'll knock you out from my present vantage."

Ralizah

@Sparklers_for_us Fantastic. It's one of my favorite shoujo series (alongside other classics like Rose of Versailles, Red River, and Fruits Basket), but it's hard to sell people on a long-ish manga full of controversial religious and sexual material where I live.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Solea

@Ralizah

Hey, Fleet Foxes!

How dare you presume to divine my motives!

I'm not the snowflake you think I am! I'm the snowflake king of Siam

How dare you trespass Rafleetzah... you fox!

"You wipe the rim of that bottle and I'll knock you out from my present vantage."

EdFairway

@5t3v3n @Ralizah @Sparklers_for_us
Hey guys. Apologies that it's been while

Words based on the wisdom of Carlin: "When you're born into this world, you've got a ticket to the freakshow. When you get an internet connection, then you, my friend, have a front row seat"

EdFairway

@Ralizah
Eh, it's been a zigzag road. Won't bore with details, but here's the main points
1. Been watching Red vs Blue, now up to season 13
2. Spent this week sorting some study scheduling
3. Have discovered and fallen in love with Bloodborne (have yet to play due to lack of affordable) console
Finally I've just recovered from a sore throat after watching this.

Words based on the wisdom of Carlin: "When you're born into this world, you've got a ticket to the freakshow. When you get an internet connection, then you, my friend, have a front row seat"

Solea

@Ed_Fairway

Missed you whenever you came to mind.

Thanks for remembering me.

'bout to inundate you with Simon songs.

What kind of guy plays guitar accompanied by voyager's flute as if to suggest his city is just as alluring as Ahab's sea?

The man happily keeps spur of the moment scratching of his stubble as a lead into his chorus for "Everything Put Together..." and it's genius!

Then there's the inescapable "history train."

Arrrgh! [as both pirate exclamation and joyous outburst]

Solea

Where's her heart?

Singers like this can't be funny, can they?

Some twist on swooning that has my brain in shambles...

Edited on by Solea

EdFairway

@Sparklers_for_us
Nice to know that there's a cognitive version of me taking residence in your head
Really enjoying the Paul Simon songs you've uploaded, especially the first one on headphones: Starting with the guitar in one ear, then the satisfactory blending of the plucked string in the other.

5t3v3n

@Ed_Fairway hisashiburi desu ne Eddo san ;D

Dude, the new Samurai Jack is worth losing ones voice over lol (I know that wasn't what you were saying)

Also check out, 'Youjo senki: saga of Tanya the evil' it's relativley new and just 6 episodes in, you might like it .

@Sparklers_for_us Paul Simon? I approve 😎👍

FYI I may not reply very often cuz I've been admitted into hospital earlier than expected. I'll be right as ☔️ after another week so daijoubu

5t3v3n

EdFairway

@5t3v3n Good to hear from ya'
By the way "Eddo", that's my character name for Pkmn moon and Awakening, minus one 'd'.

5t3v3n

@Ed_Fairway same.
I almost put Edo actually but decided against it because, well, it would've been strange amongst the rest of the Japanese writing... Edo Japan/Nihon and all haha... well, maybe...

Minus one d or -1Degrees sounds like a rival band for 10acious D

Edited on by 5t3v3n

5t3v3n

EdFairway

5t3v3n wrote:

@Ed_Fairway same.
I almost put Edo actually but decided against it because, well, it would've been strange amongst the rest of the Japanese writing... Edo Japan/Nihon and all haha... well, maybe..

Weaboo accusation I'd be putting onto myself aside, the fact Edo is associated with real-life Kanto is one of the main factors I named my character. Now that I think about, minus puns and nicknames, there's alot of variants to my name. Right, next time I have to name the player, I'm naming them after one of those variants; example, if ever I play Undertale or Bloodborne, I'm naming the character: Éadbhard, in part to the irish aspects of both games.

5t3v3n

@Ed_Fairway interesting, my name has a lot of variants as well come to think of it, like Sven and Esteban. Not sure which would be more 'Irish' though...meh.

Whilst you have a 'rich' 'guard', I have a 'bow of ship' or 'crown/honour/wealth/royalty'... hmm, you should be my treasurer or bodyguard on my pirate ship lol

Edited on by 5t3v3n

5t3v3n

Ralizah

@Ed_Fairway So they've made a more adult-oriented continuation of Samurai Jack? Interesting. I never watched the original series, but I've heard it's decent.

That does look ridiculously cool, though. I might check it out if I don't need to watch the older series.

@5t3v3n Hospital? Nothing serious, I hope.

Edited on by Ralizah

EdFairway

@Ralizah
A majority of the series is episodic, plus the opening is pretty much premise summary, so even if you're new to it, it doesn't matter where you start
A select few of episodes spring to mind for me; Jack and the Haunted House; Jack and the Spartans; Jack and the Travelling Creatures, and finally, The Birth of Evil.

Ralizah

@Ed_Fairway Alright, I'll see if I can find some episodes of this online. Hulu, netflix, or somewhere else.

Thanks for the heads-up.

EdFairway

@Ralizah
Good news, found one of the episodes on youtube, with no edits whatsoever

5t3v3n

@Ralizah yes and no, point is I will be fine very soon. But thank you for caring enough to ask, that's very kind and thoughtful of you (the other two already know what the deal is )

@Ed_Fairway Jack and the Spartans, is one of my favs, so is 'Jack learns to jump good', just for the surprised Aku at the end (Mako RIP ) and any of them with the Scotsman in it

Ed, after you've finished Red vs Blue, watch rwby; another one of their productions

Edited on by 5t3v3n

5t3v3n

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic