Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 1,981 to 1,990 of 1,990

skywake

@bimmy-lee
Can't say the band name without summoning the mods. If you want to search for more of their stuff just lookup The Drones as that's the band two of the leads were in before this project. This new band only has one album, "A Laughing Death in Meatspace".

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

bimmy-lee

@skywake - Googled the album title. Understood. The album cover is great, it looks like a Nosego painting. I’ll be checking them out, seems like there’s shades of a darker Primus in there. Thanks for the recommendation.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Cobalt

Incredible young French girl of 16 years old who sings in English.
WTF that voice o_O, she killed me !

Cobalt

Anti-Matter
Storm by Vanessa Mae
Cool Vivaldi song with Techno style.
Listen to 2:05, 2:06 & 2:08.
2:05 = Thunder
2:06 = Thundara
2:08 = Thundaga
Cool....!

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dizzy_Boy

Bonobo - walk in the sky

Bonobo - stay the same

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Switch I.D SW-0262-8074-7921
WiiU NNID: Dr_Dizzy
I`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/58D0-0000-02BB-5718

Twitter:

Blooby

If anyone's a fan of post-punk music, listen to this album called "Heaven up Here" by Echo and the Bunnymen. It's one of the best albums I've ever heard.

OK K.O. > Most Cartoon Network shows

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

skywake

A couple of music related things I wanted to post here. Firstly, has anyone noticed how down tempo and depressing a lot of popular music is these days? I didn't really quite notice this that much until I listened through this year's Hottest 100 a couple of weeks ago. A fair amount has been said about how "old people" (i.e people over 30) don't "get it" anymore but I don't think that's it. Pretty much the entire countdown was depressing, slow, ambient music.

It's almost like this is Grunge v2. The difference is that Grunge was building off Noise but this new stuff is squeaky clean. I mean compare the video I just linked to Nirvana's In Bloom. They're largely making the same point and they're generally hitting the same emotional tone. But because Nirvana's tools were far more aggressive the latter comes across as more of a middle finger than a "meh, what are you gonna do about it though".

I don't know. I think it just kinda feels like we're at that cycle in the tastes of popular music again when people are saying how crap the world is. Though this time it's far less satisfying because instead of screaming at the clouds and kicking down doors they're crying into their phones....

On a different note, there's still stuff like this being made:

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

6ch6ris6

Rammstein - Deutschland
cant link the musicvideo because it is age restricted, but it is incredible ! go search for it

Steam: ACAB or 6ch6ris6
waiting for a pricedrop on switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic