Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 2,042

C-Chakra

@jump Hey, thanks to your post I thought i'd check Ghost out, and turns out I really dig em. I remember when they came on the scene about ten years back and totally dismissed them after checking out one of their early songs.

As for my contribution, I've been listening to X Japan in the last few months among other stuff. But I goddamn love this band, which is why I'm rockin the Hideto Matsumoto avatar... here's a vid. Enjoy

Edited on by C-Chakra

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

skywake

have had this song in my head for the last few weeks after watching the latest Rob Scallon/Andrew Huang once a year album made in a day thing they do.... (at ~5:50 and 22:30 in this video is where they do this song)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jump

C-Chakra wrote:

jump Hey, thanks to your post I thought i'd check Ghost out, and turns out I really dig em. I remember when they came on the scene about ten years back and totally dismissed them after checking out one of their early songs.

I glad you're enjoying them! They are fun live too if you ever get a chance to see them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Vinny

YouTube recommendations always surprising me.
This one's a great listen in a rainy night.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Blooper987

I don’t normally talk about music on here but this song is absolutely amazing!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jedgamesguy

You're welcome

God I love this game and this song.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Anti-Matter

I like Beatmania IIDX songs from Konami.
This is one of Beatmania IIDX 9th style song i like. A Trance song Star Field by SADA.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Helios26

I am addicted to Volcano since I found the "Dirt 5 Music Album"

Edited on by Helios26

FAVOURITE GAME: Super Mario Odyssey
FAVOURITE OST: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Rambler

Sleaford Mods on a sunny afternoon at glasto is really amusing for me. Great stage setup as well.

(Actually, I really like the way they've not changed their setup for the event at all)

Rambler

Rambler

Mary Chain at Glastonbury is just glorious

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I don't normally like watching Glasto on the telly, it's always an odd experience watching a gig on TV. I did put it on during my morning workout and watched Self Esteen, Bob Vylan and Skunk Anaise since I know/seen them before which helps with the awkward medium transition. Skin wins best costume of the festival!

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rambler

@jump
Gonna watch self esteem later today, I think.

I know what you mean about watching a gig on telly, especially outdoor ones. I'm sure I will have the best intentions to catch up with missed performances in the week, but I'll probably end up checking out their albums instead - I think it's definitely a passing moment for me.

Bob Vlyan is a great name! To go along with Joanna Gruesome, Leo Slayer, and the none-more-tastful John Cougar Concentration Camp.

Although I was a bit nonplussed to find out that Kurt Vile's real name is... Kurt Vile.

I've stood next to Skin at a NME gig. Or maybe she stood next to me? It was just after watching them for the first time, and i remember being a bit intimidated by her!

Rambler

jump

@Rambler you should be intimidated by her, as cool as she is she is as equally scary! I always go to gigs early to see the support band so every now and then the main band are in the crowd to watch the support act and I’m never sure on what the etiquette is. I’ve got no interest in a selfie with them but maybe I should say hi to them and I’m a fan of their work?

Bob Vylan is a great name but it’s a drummer and a rapper with both members being called Bob. There’s always that moment when you’re talking to someone about them and they refer to them as him so you’re left with just ignoring what they said or being pedantic.

Yeah there’s always something to check out with Glasto but I what I like about gigs is the electricity in the crowd which is always lacking on the tube.

If you’re looking for suggestions on what to watch on the iPlayer there’s Wolf Alice who are a fierce live act but are let down by their producers always emphasising they are an indie band when recording an album, Yves Tumor I saw last week supporting NIN are really cool as the front man is experimental art rock yet the rest of the band is cool rock which makes for an interesting combo, Idles are (rightfully) the hottest band in the UK at the moment, Amyl & The Sniffers I saw a few days ago supporting Green Day are a nutty fun pub rock band, Ghetts is one of the best rappers in the country, Black Midi are one of the most interesting new acts around at the moment, St Vincent is cool but I can see her not working on a big stage, Inhaler I can see getting big in the future.

Also don’t bother with Paul McCartney, there’s no Frog Song so it’s a complete waste of time!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

@jump
Ah, that's cool about Wolf Alice - I've not seen them live, so that's good to know that they are probably better in the (televisual) flesh.

Will be on Bob Vlyan's bandcamp tomorrow

Yves Tumor wasnt on iPlayer yesterday, but hope they end up on there at some point. The albums are fantastic. Amyl and the Sniffers are great, so yeah another one to check out.
With Sleaford Mods on the bill, I was hoping that Billy Nomates would be on at some point, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Started to watch Primal Scream then realised I was only watching old bands, and one doing a rather messy set at that as well...

Mull of Kintyre or nowt for Macca.

Rambler

Okami1

You said Frog Song... I'm here lol

I hope I'm not being a pest

Edited on by Okami1

dysgraphia awareness human

Okami1

@Tremblucay I love that film and song! Ribbit

Edited on by Okami1

dysgraphia awareness human

jump

@Rambler As long as you aren't pro-royal family/tory/racism/police then Bob Vylan is brilliant. They are getting proper big at the moment too, they use to play in the back of pubs on the toilet circuit not too long ago but after a couple of big support slots with Biffy Clyro and The Offspring and making it onto the major fests line ups they have just announced they are playing 1k+ venues on the next tour. I'm always happy seeing DIY bands break through.

There's been abit of drama with Wolf Alice, they are touring America atm and are coming back to the Uk just for Glasto but their plane was cancelled. So my twitter has been filled with updates of where they are in the count down to their slot. They got into the country less than 3 hours before they were meant to start playing.

I've just had a look on iplayer and Yves is on the Hidden Gems tab. I was hoping to see Turnstile as I want to see what kinda reaction the hipsters and hippies give them but they aren't on it or they have not played yet.

Billy Nomates is playing as I remember getting a gig alert she was playing Glasto. Glasto has 50+ small stages which don't get tv coverage so she probably ended up on one of those as I can't imagine they'd put her on one of the major stages this year.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic