Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,042

Churchy

Thought I'd pop in here and ask if there are any metalheads among us? Although I like a big range of music, metal/rock is where I feel most comfortable.

My favourites are the more proggy artists like Tool, Opeth, Mastodon, Gojira and Devin Townsend but I like other artists like Nine Inch Nails, System of a Down and Slipknot.

How about everyone else?

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

bezerker99

@Churchy: I can listen to metal but I wouldn't consider myself a metal head. I have every album that Tool, NIN, and SoaD ever released. I've seen A Perfect Circle live in concert once. That was pretty awesome!

bezerker99

The Monkees apparently have a new album being released. Their new video, "She Makes Me Smile", was just released today and was written by Weezer's very own Rivers Cuomo. Pretty cool. Sounds like a timewarp straight back to the 60s!

This is cool but.... didn't Davey Jones die a few years back????

Edited on by bezerker99

Churchy

@bezerker99: That must've been awesome to see APC live. And it's always good to know others are listening to the likes of Tool and NIN (as well as Serj and co.).

A new album from the Monkees? That's puzzling but I'm interested. My parents were sixties kids so I picked that up from them too!

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

blueartist

Still so sad about Prince . . .

blueartist

skywake

The last time these guys released an album Majora's Mask was Nintendo's newest release. Clinton was president, Al Gore looked like he was going to win against George Bush. This is the first track from their second album which was released today.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

Just realised how many of my favourite artists are releasing music this year. I mean last year I thought it was great. New Deerhunter, Blur, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Tame Impala, Pond. Pretty great. But this year is going out of its way to do better. Radiohead, The Avalanches, The Drones, Deerhoof, Gorillaz. At this point there aren't many artists I'm into who haven't released something either this year or last.

The best thing about it is that all of these albums (so far, touch wood) have been pretty decent releases

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ZeldAlice

Allright, this is a thread for me. A Little general info, I love all kinds of Metal music, but I also enjoy alot of videogame soundtracks. Right now I've got nothing to share, but once I'll do I'll post. ^^

ZeldAlice

Vinny

Virtue's Last Reward: Clarification

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJvZwZQV7fs

This one plays when they're explaining all that pseudoscience.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic