Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,048

GamecubeMan

The Book of Soul by Ab-Soul
This is easily one of the best songs I have heard in my entire life. It is very emotional and I was close to tears when I listened to this song. Maybe because I have had similar issues as the Ab Soul describes in this song. Regardless, I have learned to overcome most of my vices and this song is a reminder that it is possible to overcome almost any issue life throws at you.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

skywake

My Hottest 100 vote for 2015, easily one of the best set of 10 I've ever voted for:
Pond - Sitting Up On Our Crane (Australian)
Tame Impala - Let It Happen (Australian)
Deerhunter - Snakeskin
Faith No More - Superhero
Modest Mouse - Lampshades On Fire
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love
The Drones - Taman Shud (Australian, also language warning if you click it)
Blur - Lonesome Street
A Place To Bury Strangers - We've Come So Far (no chance in hell of making the 100)
Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian At Best (Australian)

And for the overseas folks who don't know what that is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_J_Hottest_100

Basically every year listeners of alternative radio station JJJ get to vote for their favourite 10 songs from that year. Then on Australia day they count down the top 100. It's kinda seen as a celebration of Australian alternative music and it's been running since the early 90s. That "alternative" bit has come under fire recently because of an (ultimately unsuccessful) Buzzfeed campaign tried to troll the poll and get Taylor Swift to #1.... but that's a story for another day.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JLPick

First Scott Weiland then Motorhead, now David Bowie. RIP Changesbowie

JLPick

bezerker99

JLPick wrote:

I know. All three were great musicians. Bowie passing away is probably the biggest musical loss since John Lennon.

MERG

bezerker99 wrote:

JLPick wrote:

I know. All three were great musicians. Bowie passing away is probably the biggest musical loss since John Lennon.

I"ll agree with that...but for me it's a bigger loss. He is my all time fave.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic