General Discussion Forum

Topic: A Music Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,538

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

161. Posted:

Let's get some bad religion on here too.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

Terra

162. Posted:

I keep listening to this lately.

Sounds rather similar to this song

Which evolved into this

All great stuff nonetheless. Some people have edited those 3 songs into one and named it "Life In Technicolor III" if anyone's interested. Actually sounds pretty decent.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Terra

163. Posted:

For once, I was able to find official videos that weren't blocked for embedding

Edited on by Terra

Terra

AuthorMessage

Machu

164. Posted:

I don't do songs about love, ew! :P

This morning, I've been in the following mood...

i need to check back thru this thread, I've missed loads D:

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Stevie

165. Posted:

I've been loving the new Flight of the Conchords album recently

This is good

AuthorMessage

VGM

166. Posted:

__Stevie wrote:

I've been loving the new Flight of the Conchords album recently

Have you heard sugar lumps or friends?

VGM = Video Game Musician
http://twitter.com/VGP94

AuthorMessage

VGM

167. Posted:

I've been listening to Yoko Kanno's Cowboy Bebop soundtrack again.:)

VGM = Video Game Musician
http://twitter.com/VGP94

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

168. Posted:

Vaynard wrote:

Couple of classics of Radiohead

I would have posted the real music video for Paranoid Android, but some parts may not be appropriate

Good man! Guess what my favorite band is? [nods at name]

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

JamieO

169. Posted:

Me, my brother and girlfriend are off to see The Pogues in Manchester tonight, it has become a family tradition for us to see them live at Christmas over the last three years. You could say that The Pogues are in my blood, since my brother used to pry The Dubliners out of my dad's car stereo to play 'Red Roses For Me', when I was eight. My dad was having none of it at first, but gave up in the end, he was a persistent li'l rapscallion my brother!
Anyway my favourite Christmas song of all time is obviously 'Fairytale of New York' :)

What is your one pick, as your very most favourite Christmas song?

I am passionate about retro gaming, from antiquated consoles to the continuation of classics. I am also into 3DS, PS3 and Xperia Play games. I blast my ears to breakneck melodic punk, gruff vocals and nimble alternative guitar hooks. Tweet: @JamieOretro Google+: About Me

AuthorMessage

Stevie

170. Posted:

JamieO wrote:

Me, my brother and girlfriend are off to see The Pogues in Manchester tonight, it has become a family tradition for us to see them live at Christmas over the last three years. You could say that The Pogues are in my blood, since my brother used to pry The Dubliners out of my dad's car stereo to play 'Red Roses For Me', when I was eight. My dad was having none of it at first, but gave up in the end, he was a persistent li'l rapscallion my brother!
Anyway my favourite Christmas song of all time is obviously 'Fairytale of New York' :)

What is your one pick, as your very most favourite Christmas song?

This is the only christmas song that I can stand to listen to, my dads a big pogues fan and has seen them many times over the years so I too have listened to them a lot through my life, they are brilliant though, especially live, its just amazing Shane Macgowan is still with us, and even more so the fact that after all these years The Pogues haven't lost it.

Edited on by Stevie

This is good

AuthorMessage

JamieO

171. Posted:

@Stevie You are spot on there mate, I must be honest and admit that the extent to which MacGowan has lived through excess is apparent from his vocal delivery live now. The atmosphere is completely magic and electrical though, I think that everyone is just hyped up to get the chance to see him perform. Just imagine if you were able to see them play live in their '80s heyday, that would be a gig to remember. :)

I am passionate about retro gaming, from antiquated consoles to the continuation of classics. I am also into 3DS, PS3 and Xperia Play games. I blast my ears to breakneck melodic punk, gruff vocals and nimble alternative guitar hooks. Tweet: @JamieOretro Google+: About Me

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

172. Posted:

Phoenix just might be the best pop band in the world. I saw them a couple nights ago in concert, and it was life changing.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

CH405K1N6

173. Posted:

Believe it or not, I actually like some of Miley Cyrus's music.

silence, followed by gunshots

Uh oh. He's back.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

174. Posted:

jack white is awsomness

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Terra

175. Posted:

I've been buying a lot of music recently. Just before Christmas, I bought Keane's Under The Iron Sea album and Yesterday I bought quite a few more CD's off Amazon as I'm starting my own collection instead of just borrowing from my Dad's collection and other people. I got all these for £15

• Aqualung (Self-Titled)
  • Aqualung: Still Life
  • Five For Fighting: The Battle For Everything (2 Disc Edition
  • Elisa: Pipes & Flowers
  • Kaiser Chiefs: Off With Their Heads

I also bought earlier today Five For Fighting: Brothers In Arms (Single) and with those Amazon purchases, I got £3 worth of MP3 downloads so I also bought The Killers: Sawdust. In keeping with posting music videos, here's a cover version of Joy Division's Shadowplay by The Killers

Edited on by Terra

Terra

AuthorMessage

MERG

176. Posted:

@JamieO...Fairytale of New York is one of the best Christmas songs. I've liked the Pogues since the 80s but sadly have never seen them. On a happy note though, I am going to see Bob Mould when he plays here in March.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Ninten

177. Posted:

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

AuthorMessage

Stevie

178. Posted:

@shingi_70 - I love that song by The Dead Weather

This is a friend of mines band from my home town Doncaster who are amazing and are on their way to being big and have recently suported Dinosaur Jnr. Check it out

This is good

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

179. Posted:

@Stevie Hmm pretty good. Kinda Nirvana/ Arctic Monkey's ish.... Like it. Have they signed to a label yet?

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

Stevie

180. Posted:

No their not signed to a label as of yet although they do have sponsership from some guitar company and have been on BBC:introducing, check out some of their songs on their myspace page here, my personal favorite that is on there is probably Ghost Train.

Edited on by Stevie

This is good