Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,047

rolLTheDice

TingLz wrote:

A big request from the users. Do not post Youtube video links directly anymore as too many on one page will slow down the page considerably. I suggest posting the link itself with a short description instead

Sorry, i only got to know this yesterday.
Will do.

"New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

HollywoodHogan

CanisWolfred wrote:

^I used that as a jumping point to go around and listen to a bunch of different Rolling Stones songs and in the end...I just don't really don't like them that much except when they...break out of their comfort zone, so to speak? When it's unusual for them, like Paint it Black or You can't always get what you want, I like it a lot more than the other soings I listened to. Most of it comes from the lead singer - he's a good singer, but I don't like how he sings a lot of his songs. It's hard to explain, but combined with the other part (a lot of the more popular songs have boring lyrics writing-wise) it just winds up irritating the hell out of me. That said, out of songs that are a bit more their usual style, I liked Gimme Shelter the most because it put a little more emphasis on Guitar and you got to hear a different singer share the limelight.

Maybe you should take the time to learn Mick Jagger's name before trying to discuss the band's 'comfort zone' and forming an opinion about them, lol.

Dismissing one of the most influential and important rock bands in history after listening to a handful of their songs on YouTube....sad...

The Stones are one of those bands that have 3-5 songs that everyone knows and loves, even if they don't know anything else about the band.

Edited on by HollywoodHogan

Friend to all SJW's

CanisWolfred

MasterBlaster wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^I used that as a jumping point to go around and listen to a bunch of different Rolling Stones songs and in the end...I just don't really don't like them that much except when they...break out of their comfort zone, so to speak? When it's unusual for them, like Paint it Black or You can't always get what you want, I like it a lot more than the other soings I listened to. Most of it comes from the lead singer - he's a good singer, but I don't like how he sings a lot of his songs. It's hard to explain, but combined with the other part (a lot of the more popular songs have boring lyrics writing-wise) it just winds up irritating the hell out of me. That said, out of songs that are a bit more their usual style, I liked Gimme Shelter the most because it put a little more emphasis on Guitar and you got to hear a different singer share the limelight.

Maybe you should take the time to learn Mick Jagger's name before trying to discuss the band's 'comfort zone' and forming an opinion about them, lol.

Dismissing one of the most influential and important rock bands in history after listening to a handful of their songs on YouTube....sad...

The Stones are one of those bands that have 3-5 songs that everyone knows and loves, even if they don't know anything else about the band.

I don't see what's wrong with explaining my first impressions? I'm aware they have a lot of songs. I wrote that after listening to 10 songs, and I listen to 3 more afterwards. Maybe that's a handful to some, but 8 out of 13 sounded like the same damn song, so forgive me for thinking that maybe they have a tendency towards a certain style...if you have any suggestions, feel free to give them to me. This is the music topic, after all.

Edited on by LzWinky

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HollywoodHogan

I think the album '40 Licks' is a good intro to the stones, and even it is missing a bunch of songs I consider to be good.

If there aren't at least 10 or so songs on that album that you can't get into, rock music might not be for you

Friend to all SJW's

bezerker99

Happy Birthday to the Main In Black, Johnny Cash!!
He would have been 71 yesterday

I love him on the "Highwayman" record along Willie, Waylon, and Kris Kristofferson. In my opinion, music doesn't get any realer than this....

Edited on by bezerker99

CanisWolfred

This is Oban Star-Racer's Original Opening

This is what we got to listen to when they brought it to America

...I have no words to describe my rage...at least they left the ending theme alone. I honestly shed a tear the first couple times I heard that song. It's so beautiful. ;_;

EDIT: Ah, the ending theme was worked on by Yoko Kanno, who basically composed all my favorite music in anime. Now it all makes sense!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

Does anyone else like Celldweller. Recently I found him on youtube, and I really like him. Sometime soon I plan to pick up the albums Celldweller and Wish Upon a Blackstar along with a few songs from the End of an Empire(s). My favorite song I've heard from him so far is Gift for You. Definitally give it a listen if you can.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

LaserdiscGal

A little to heavy for my causal listening, but you may enjoy this this

It's from Alan Wake American Nightmare (not a great game in my opinion, but I love this song)

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

Does anyone else like Celldweller. Recently I found him on youtube, and I really like him. Sometime soon I plan to pick up the albums Celldweller and Wish Upon a Blackstar along with a few songs from the End of an Empire(s). My favorite song I've heard from him so far is The Lucky One. Definitally give it a listen if you can.

You linked the wrong song...and I honestly liked that song more than the one you meant to link. Still not my style, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Does anyone else like Celldweller. Recently I found him on youtube, and I really like him. Sometime soon I plan to pick up the albums Celldweller and Wish Upon a Blackstar along with a few songs from the End of an Empire(s). My favorite song I've heard from him so far is The Lucky One. Definitally give it a listen if you can.

You linked the wrong song...and I honestly liked that song more than the one you meant to link. Still not my style, though.

Actually I meant to say "Gift for You." I'm not sure why I wrote The Lucky One. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Found an amazing punk music station on iTunes radio. Seriously, it seems to just be the generic "Modern Punk" station that pops up when I type in "punk", but it's been playing nothing but gold for the last hour and a half. I lost track of how many good songs have played so far, but I'll mention the last one that played, since it may have been the best so far:

Welcome to the Black Parade — My Chemical Romance

I've heard of MCR, and I probably heard that song when I was a kid on the radio, but I never paid attention to bands back then.

Edit: Fred Astaire — Lucky Boys Confusion

Also a very good one.

EDIT Again: Hit two songs I wasn't overly fond of since I started it. They weren't terrible, though, so I just kept listening. This is in stark contrast to the "Classic Punk" station I tried first, where I was skipping 6 or 7 songs before I gave up because no good song was popping up...I didn't realize "Modern" music meant the last 20 years or so...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Offspring

@CanisWolfred I may have to check that station out. Also if you liked that MCR song you should listen to Teenagers (it's the only other song of theirs I know but it's pretty good).

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

CanisWolfred

Pardon the double post [well, it was a double post when I started writing], but I just wanted to mention I finally managed to connect who "Jimmy Eat World" is...basically they were the one's putting out some of the best songs I listened to on the radio as a kid. I just listened to The Middle for the first time in years, and I was hit with such a nostalgia bomb, I'm literally in tears. This was practically my theme song as a kid - I'm not kidding, the lyrics in this song felt very much like somebody was trying to console me during my (often uwarranted) depressed phases I frequently went through when I was young. Not just the "It's gonna be alright part", either - the whole damn song, from the first line ("don't write yourself off yet, it's only in your head that you feel left out and looked down on") heavily reminds me exactly of the stuff I recall feeling during those times, when all I had to make me feel better was a radio and a stuffed dog...
...and now all I got is internet music and a real dog...progress!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Offspring

I just bought Nirvana's MTV Unplugged album since it's a few dollars off in the Google Play store. In my opinion, it is the greatest live album ever and shows just how great Nirvana could have been. This is my favorite song of the set, it gives me chills every time I hear it.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic