12 Girls Band 女子十二乐坊 Cloudy Sky

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,182. Posted:

"Operator" by Midnight Star

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

1,183. Posted:

River - Jai Peng Fang

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,184. Posted:

:O I actually love this kind of music. My friend once came back from his trip to Asia with an erhu, except after years of struggle he never mastered it. I ended up with a hulusi, except I couldn't get it to play anything more than a single tone. And the sad thing is, there's no way to tell if the instrument's faulty or I'm just not using the correct technique.

try Je t'aime by Spitz - the erhu comes in halfway into the song and it is excellent.

Edited on by Jollykarp

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

1,185. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

:O I actually love this kind of music. My friend once came back from his trip to Asia with an erhu, except after years of struggle he never mastered it. I ended up with a hulusi, except I couldn't get it to play anything more than a single tone. And the sad thing is, there's no way to tell if the instrument's faulty or I'm just not using the correct technique.

try Je t'aime by Spitz - the erhu comes in halfway into the song and it is excellent.

It's a beautiful sounding instrument. So expressive.

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

1,186. Posted:

more erhu (artist?) - Love in Vain

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

1,187. Posted:

Jasmine Flower (茉莉花)-Chinese Traditional Music

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

1,188. Posted:

For those who live in the south Florida region looking for something to do tonite check out

http://t.co/yGSzPmjsOu

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

Mickey

1,189. Posted:

Queen - Play The Game

Gotta love it when Freddie Mercury goes nuts from 2:11 to 2:25.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Fikachu

1,190. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fp07gYHLYs

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

AuthorMessage

Mewtwo21

1,191. Posted:

Love this

Mewtwo21

3DS Friend Code: 0645-6093-0849 | Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,192. Posted:

American iTunes users: Disclosure's collaboration with London Grammar, "Help Me Lose My Mind", is free as the Single of the Week. I really enjoy both groups, and while I can't find a video of the song, here's why you should care about them.
Disclosure - White Noise (featuring AlunaGeorge):

London Grammar - Wasting My Young Years:

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,193. Posted:

do you think it'd be easy for me to transfer from violin to erhu? you had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

1,194. Posted:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

do you think it'd be easy for me to transfer from violin to erhu? you had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

If you can play violin, I'd think you could pick it up fairly well. Two big things to note. Erhu is only a two stringed instrument. Generally, I think Learning 2 strings is easier than 4, 5, 6, etc. But with only 2 strings, it would take more experience, creativity, to really stand out, because of the 2 string limitation.

Secondly, it can be a bit more difficult to control than violin. You can see visually the much different position. I'd think if a violinist can adjust to the control, the rest will come pretty easy.

That's the extent of my knowledge and understanding.

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,195. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

If you can play violin, I'd think you could pick it up fairly well. Two big things to note. Erhu is only a two stringed instrument. Generally, I think Learning 2 strings is easier than 4, 5, 6, etc. But with only 2 strings, it would take more experience, creativity, to really stand out, because of the 2 string limitation.

Secondly, it can be a bit more difficult to control than violin. You can see visually the much different position. I'd think if a violinist can adjust to the control, the rest will come pretty easy.

That's the extent of my knowledge and understanding.

yeah, it looks like it could really be a beast to handle from what i've seen and read about it.
what about the actual music though? from what i've read and seen, most (or just a lot) of it's music is written in Chinese music, i.e, numbers. i understand the concept of how it works, how to read it and all that, but what about pitch? Chinese music generally doesn't have my familiar western staff, so i would find it troublesome to discover the note's pitch. would that be where "creativity" comes in?

i feel like i'm spamming this thread with my questions, so here, an erhu and yangqin.

"a spray of flower"

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,196. Posted:

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

1,197. Posted:

@0SP_ZELDAiii

Well, there is that, isn't there. I guess the simplest answer is to try one out, or rent from an instrument shop if you can find one. That could be tricky, but they're out there.

EDIT — Do a 'how to play erhu' search on youtube. You should get a pretty good idea what's going on there. I saw one with the guy playing the D major scale. In his youtube comments, he said "It can play around 3 octaves. Positioning of fingers is similar to the violin or cello."

Edited on by Midnight3DS

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,198. Posted:

Happy 57th Birthday today to Kenny G!!

A wild Kenny G appears at 1:54 here.... :o

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

KAHN

1,199. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

@0SP_ZELDAiii

Well, there is that, isn't there. I guess the simplest answer is to try one out, or rent from an instrument shop if you can find one. That could be tricky, but they're out there.

EDIT — Do a 'how to play erhu' search on youtube. You should get a pretty good idea what's going on there. I saw one with the guy playing the D major scale. In his youtube comments, he said "It can play around 3 octaves. Positioning of fingers is similar to the violin or cello."

i actually went to my local Edwards Music Store, asked about the Erhu. cant say i was surprised when he said "er-what?" whatever. i guess amazon always exists. i'll be moving soon, so i guess i'll have to wait before getting one. new opportunities in a new location i guess.

"why having a beard is better than having a woman"

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,200. Posted:

Very nice guitar version of the NSMB theme~

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery