Forums

Topic: 2018 FIFA World Cup

Posts 61 to 80 of 198

Lroy

@spizzamarozzi I have never heard of this 'support the team who has a player that most looks like me' theory before. So funny!

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

World Cup countdown continues...

We've had a little immediate family only sweep stake. So each of the four of us (me, Mrs, son, daughter) now have a team in each Group to support in addition to all cheering on England of course.

Livens up every fixture, wife has even colour coded our WC Wallchart to designate who's team is playing who in every game, lol! So the opening RUSSIA versus SAUDI ARABIA match suddenly becomes Mum vs. Dad high-stakes showdown ๐Ÿ˜‚

Whomever's team goes all the way gets to pick a present for themselves as a prize. As my daughter has only recently turned 2, I am already going to assume she, like me, will be picking a new Switch game as her prize. Ditto my son (7).

Roll on the football!

Lroy

Another mood setter... just downloaded James Richardson's (yes, he of the magnificent Golazzo! Serie A Channel 4 Football show back in the day) podcast. It is called Totally Football Show and they are now releasing World Cup themed episodes. The first lot preview all the World Cup Groups. You can get them jusy be searching google or whatever for Totally Football Show.

Chris77

@Lroy I might check that out, wish there was a badiel/Skinner fantasy football show for the tournament. Ah well, wall chart is in place, Belgium looked good last night though.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

Lroy

Last call for people to join our WC 2018 Score Predictions game!

I've copied this invitation link from @Oorwullie original post on page two of this thread:

https://www.superbru.com/worldcup_predictor/pool.php?p=11860487

Let me know if you have any issues joining @Oorwullie @NaviandMii tend to be good at these sorts of things and will likely be happy to help ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also if you search the Apple App Store or Android store for SuperBru you can use a handy App to make your score predictions for each groups and see all the other players here and their predictions.

Edited on by Lroy

toiletduck

Lroy wrote:

Last call for people to join our WC 2018 Score Predictions game!

I've copied this invitation link from @Oorwullie original post on page two of this thread:

https://www.superbru.com/worldcup_predictor/pool.php?p=11860487

Let me know if you have any issues joining @Oorwullie @NaviandMii tend to be good at these sorts of things and will likely be happy to help ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also if you search the Apple App Store or Android store for SuperBru you can use a handy App to make your score predictions for each groups and see all the other players here and their predictions.

Nice initiative. Am I correct that you only have to fill in all the 1st matches of the 1st round? And that you fill in the results of the 2nd and 3rd match later? Or am I missing something?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Lroy

@toiletduck I've only predicted a 2-0 win for RUSSIA in Thursday's opening match against SAUDI ARABIA so far. I intend to put in scores for each day's fixtures as we go along. Presumably, @oorwullie ? as long as you enter and lock your predictions before each game kicks-off you'll be fine?

Eagle9

So is this score predictions betting for money. Just not my thing ever been ever will come.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Lroy

Eagle9 wrote:

So is this score predictions betting for money. Just not my thing ever been ever will come.

No money involved This is purely a fun game that @Oorwullie set up for us. Makes some of the games where your home nation isn't involved more interesting. It is purely optional. Don't play if you don't want to ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Chris77

@Lroy just filled in my first round. Great work @oorwullie setting this up.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

OorWullie

@toiletduck @Lroy You can predict any group match from now up until kick off. Just remember to lock the result in. Once locked it can't be changed and you can then view other players predictions. The app is well worth downloading as it will send you a notification before the match starts to remind you you need to fill in your result and / or lock it. I've just predicted the games from the opening weekend, best to do them in blocks I think but not too far ahead as things can change, players get injured etc...

Looking forward to see how the league table looks at the end of the group stage.

@Chris77 Cheers and good luck.

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

NaviAndMii

Yeah, thanks @OorWullie - should be good fun!

I was reading that the Russian media have gone in to semi-meltdown about their teams chances this summer, having only managed one shot on target in their two warm-up matches (vs. Austria and Turkey) ..when the Predictor Game told me that 90%+ of people were backing a win for the hosts in the opening match, I was feeling slightly concerned about my pick (1-1 draw) - but there may be cause for optimism! ..C'MON SAUDI ARABIA! - snatch a point! (..but not all 3! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Eagle9

I just make my first prediction, cause why not. That is cooler to see what others think too, especially when money not involved. Thanks for the answer @Lroy

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

spizzamarozzi

Anybody knows any good football game on Android?! Got PES 2018 on PS3 but I'm kind of craving something a bit more arcade-y/retro/youknowwhat...there's a ton of football games on android but if I download and try out all of them, I'll get finished by the time Qatar 2022 kicks off...

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Lroy

@spizzamarozzi Do you own a Switch? If yes, I'd recommend you buy SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 when it comes out very soon. Great arcade footie game that lives and breathes 90s era international football.

If you don't own a Nintendo Switch, why not ๐Ÿ˜‰ No, seriously, what other platforms do you have? Do you have access to emulation? Might be easier to recommend a retro footie game if we know what systems you play.

Edited on by Lroy

Meesh

Lroy wrote:

Another mood setter... just downloaded James Richardson's (yes, he of the magnificent Golazzo! Serie A Channel 4 Football show back in the day) podcast. It is called Totally Football Show and they are now releasing World Cup themed episodes. The first lot preview all the World Cup Groups. You can get them jusy be searching google or whatever for Totally Football Show.

Thanks for this! I've almost finished listening to all the group previews, perfect for the long commute to/from work and to tide me over until the action starts.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0182-8684-8029

Lroy

@Meesh No worries buddy. I only recently discovered that the same people have also resurrected Golazzo! As a podcast hosted naturally by James Richardson all about the hey day of Serie A as well as ongoing contemporary coverage of the Italian League in audio podcast form. How I wish it could come back as a TV Football Highlights show.

I've subscribed to Golazzo and Totally Football podcasts (they even have a Football League show too which I have also subscribed to). Plenty to listen to once the new season begins anew and I imagine James Richardson and this crew will also post more WC themed eps as the tournament progresses!

Side note: I've already drunk and eaten most of my opening couple of days supplies for the tourney ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿป

I wholly blame @naviandmii and @fafouent and the Adult Switch Gamers Game Nights for this above (over self-indulgence)๐Ÿ˜œ

Edited on by Lroy

NaviAndMii

@Lroy Haha! You and me both! I hadn't realised what the time was last night - no wonder @Fafounet's batteries died, we we're playing for hours! ..ahhh, you know what they say - 'time flies when you're having fun'! (..and that was a whole lot of fun last night!) - good times!

...and I'll have to give that James Richardson podcast a go at some point! I've been a fan of his since the ol' Golazzo days - and used to be a regular listener of a footballing podcast he hosted for The Guardian newspaper a while a go too (which was a hugely entertaining listen!) ..always appreciated his casual style, laid back humour and his more 'global' appreciation of the beautiful game

Great idea - appreciate the recommendation!

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Lroy

@NaviAndMii Yeah, I 'think' James Richardson and his team actually left The Guardian's Football Weekly to create these new 'Totally...' podcasts at the start of last season. So they have a full season under their belts already. Alas, I missed these shows as you may know. I only recently gotten back into the sport towards the end of last season.

In any case, you'll likely be very familiar with the style and personalities on Totally Football and Golazzo!

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

Seems Rashford has sat out England's light training session this morning having picked up a knock on his knee before flying out to Russia. Fingers crossed this isn't anything serious.

Plus, SPAIN have just sacked their Head Coach because he came out and told everyone he is going to REAL MADRID. They play PORTUGAL in two days?! Insanity.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.