Forums

Topic: 2015 Gaming Predictions

Posts 41 to 60 of 92

kkslider5552000

tbh, while The Division could be quite good, are you really gonna trust Ubisoft on this ambitious game after the last year to live up to the game's potential? While pointing out another shooter with MMO elements from a trusted dev that could and should have been amazing?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jacob717

IceClimbers wrote:

I don't get why everyone keeps saying Zelda U will get delayed to 2016. The game was almost showed at E3 last year, it's clearly far enough in development to be released in Holiday 2015.

Yeah, I hate how everyone wants it to be delayed. It's coming November 20, 2015 weather you like it or not. And if you don't like it, just simply don't play it instead of wishing for it to be delayed.

Jacob717

iKhan

Ralek85 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

-There will be at least ONE over-hyped game that just ends up disappointing a lot of people. The Division. We don't even have to speculate

No way, first of all, Tom Clancy games don't tend to disappoint, and from what we've seen The Division will have an outstanding presentation, cool setting and at least genre-standart gameplay. While Massive Entertainment has it's roots in PC RTS games, they proofed themselves more than capable there, and there is no reason to believe they can't deliver a great TPS. Maybe, the whole MMO aspect of it, will somehow not work out completely, but I still think people will enjoy it greatly. The Division will be great, probably not perfect though, and sofar they have been reasonable in their approach to feeding the hype machine - unlike a certain other studio for a certain other game ...
Secondly, I think Destiny will continue to disappoint on a grand scale, esp. - and this a prediction ^^ - with the game barely improving of the course of the next year, and the upcoming DLCs not delivering on the promise of it all anymore than the vanilla game. Destiny's hype should qualify it for consideration in 2015 as well, afterall, that stuff was off the charts. This will be aggravated by the disappoint that will be Halo 5, in fact, Destiny and Halo 5 should be considered as one in this regard. There is a huge hype-happy Halo crowd out there, and after Destiny, they have to put their hype somewhere, and despite some "mixed feeling" towards 343, it still seems like the best place for it, and the media will be on board for sure once the train leaves the station ...

The Division isn't really a Tom Clancy game. It just uses the name to brand itself as something familiar. Remember that this is Ubisoft. The initial reaction to The Division was the same as the one to Watch Dogs. And IIRC, there was some disappointment this past E3 regarding the game's visuals being a downgrade from what was originally shown.

I'm not saying I don't want it to be good, but Ubisoft's track record isn't very reassuring.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

NintendoFan64

Dipper723 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I don't get why everyone keeps saying Zelda U will get delayed to 2016. The game was almost showed at E3 last year, it's clearly far enough in development to be released in Holiday 2015.

Yeah, I hate how everyone wants it to be delayed. It's coming November 20, 2015 weather you like it or not. And if you don't like it, just simply don't play it instead of wishing for it to be delayed.

I don't WANT it to be delayed. It's just something that I could see happening, though after some thinking on the matter, it doesn't seem as likely as I initially thought. Anyways, I would love for it to be released next year. Nobody here wishes that it gets delayed (as far as I know), is what I'm getting at.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Nintendo_Ninja

1.Splatoon surpasses expectations
2. PS4 struggles
3. Wii U and Xbox One keep performing well
4. Zelda Wii U is released
5. There is no new Pokemon game released in 2015.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

6.Evolve is a broken mess
7. No Mans Sky is VERY disappointing
8. New Nintendo crossovers
9. Animal Crossing U is announced
10. A new Mega Man title is either announced or cancelled and then leaked.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

sub12

1. Sony and Microsoft both have a very solid year in terms of sales and exclusives
2. XB1 becomes the most popular console in NA with the PS4 just slightly behind, PS4 remains the dominant home console in the EU and Japan
3. New 3DS is launched in the west during spring 2015 to mediocre sales
4. No Man's Sky in disapointment (as above poster said)
5. Wii U has another solid year of acclaimed exclusives, but with the continuing lack of third party support, it still fails to catch the publics immagination / cash
6. Valve quietly cancels the Steam Box after seeing how other "PC gaming boxes" fail to find a market
7. PSP Vita does solid in Japan, but western support / sales remain at almost nil
8. Sony converts most of its handheld development studios to a PS4 centric focus
9. Microsoft continues acquisition of a studio or two to rebuild the first party capability they let go during the 360 years.
10. Phil Spencer continues to do a bang up job

Edited on by sub12

sub12

Drawdler

Fans discover more resources from an unannounced, cancelled Crash Bandicoot game

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

MsJubilee

Sega makes a Sonic first person shooter,and sells millions!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

IceClimbers

Can totally see No Mans Sky being disappointing

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

To be fair, No Man;s Sky would have to be the next Minecraft, and then some, in order to live up to its potential

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Inkling

IceClimbers wrote:

It's Nintendo you're talking about. Remember Flipnote?

Especially Nintendo Europe

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jordie

Inkling wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

It's Nintendo you're talking about. Remember Flipnote?

Especially Nintendo Europe

I stand my ground, especially as a European. They have Majora's Mask to bridge the gap for 2015, so 2016 will be Zelda U, at least in Europe. I don't want it to be delayed, but living here has taught me a few things about expectations. And for Nintendo I can wait, no prob. They're not Square Enix...

3DS FC: 2964 - 9993 - 9139
NNID: muchlyJord
in-game character name: Kurai

Grumblevolcano

Inkling wrote:

• Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush comes in December, is Nintendo Europe's big holiday game
  • Zelda U and Star Fox are delayed to 2016
  • Splatoon comes in May
  • New 3DS, XL and 2DS are all announced for Europe and NA, launching in May/June
  • Xenoblade X comes on November 21st/28th, depending where you live
  • General amiibo are launched + 3DS adapter
  • Smash gets DLC in December/November
  • Splatoon gets a demo in April
  • Animal Crossing U is launched in October/November
  • Two SNES Remix titles are launched - one in April, one in August
  • A cheaper Wii U is released alongside Splatoon
  • Mario Maker is revealed to be Mario's 30th Anniversary game
  • Ubisoft or EA's Twitter says something bad about the Wii U again
  • More MK8 DLC is announced
  • Nintendo announces their smartphone app alongside QOL

You're expecting a 10 month delay in Europe? It's already been confirmed for February release in US.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Inkling wrote:

• Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush comes in December, is Nintendo Europe's big holiday game
  • Splatoon comes in May
  • New 3DS, XL and 2DS are all announced for Europe and NA, launching in May/June

You're expecting a 10 month delay in Europe? It's already been confirmed for February release in US.

It's second half of 2015 over here

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Grumblevolcano

Inkling wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Inkling wrote:

• Splatoon comes in May

It's second half of 2015 over here

Yeah, for some reason I was thinking it was Q2 2015 but that's Splatoon's release date. At best scenario there's a 5 month delay for Kirby in Europe and probably solely related to the different name.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

Can totally see No Mans Sky being disappointing

Not sure about that. It's an indie game, so they don't have the restrictive timelines an ordinary game does. This means, if it's not completely finished and tested, they will delay it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

SkywardLink98
  • The Wii U turns a profit, but still sells less than the PS4/Xbone.
  • PS4 still sells well.
  • Xbone sales take a turn for the worse, but still sells well.
  • Project Steam sells okay, but less than expected.
  • Legend of Zelda is delayed 'till 2016.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Jacob717

Jordie wrote:

I stand my ground, especially as a European. They have Majora's Mask to bridge the gap for 2015, so 2016 will be Zelda U, at least in Europe. I don't want it to be delayed, but living here has taught me a few things about expectations. And for Nintendo I can wait, no prob. They're not Square Enix...

Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword both came out in 2011, Wind Waker HD and A Link Between Worlds both came out in 2013, so why would you think Majora's Mask 3D will make Zelda U be delayed?

Jacob717

Kyloctopus

Legend of Zelda Wii U will end up undoubtedly winning Game of the Year from multiple sites, for making a 3D Zelda with a vast open world with creative gameplay.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.