Forums

Topic: 2015 Gaming Predictions

Posts 21 to 40 of 92

Punished_Boss_84

Someone has already mentioned DBZ Xenoverse and The Phantom Pain, so I'm don't need to repeat myself...

• No I want to: those two will be truly special titles, one more than the other.
  • Vita being phased out in society will take full effect in 2015 and onwards. It will be ignored, forever.
  • Wii U will never recover, despite its offerings,
  • Yearly annual titles will launch yet again, speaking of which...
  • Pokemon The Great Detective Pikachu and Pokemon (Remake/New Game) will launch in 2015, both for 3DS.
  • There's going to a different Mario game for either Wii U or 3DS, not including Mario Party 10
  • Zelda U and Star Fox U is going to be delayed.
  • Yokai Watch 1&2 get new details on their already announced localisations. Yokai Watch is already going to be localised to those of you hoping
  • PS4's dominance will at the very least have merit in 2015, X1 will fall back to its pre holiday levels.
  • 3DS will lose some of its momentum, while Wii U has momentum issues.
  • Q1 2015 is going to be even more packed. Except for handhelds and Wii U...
  • The Japanese industry will strike back with games in 2015 and 2016.
  • SEGA's Sonic Team will get back on horse with a better title than Boom.
  • Konami will expand their lineup, MGS unfortunately won't last forever.
    Probably forgetting loads more.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Octane

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Well, it's kinda difficult to mess up a game even more...

Octane

iKhan

Dipper723 wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

-Open world Harry Potter

There's Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and Prisoner of Azkaban on the PS2, GameCube, and Xbox, but the GCN and Xbox versions of COS are gimped ports, and the PS2 version has horrible load times that makes the game borderline unplayable. But SS and POA are fine for all three systems.

What's wrong with the GC version?

Also, it's not really open world.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

-Mario Maker launches as an eShop-only release immediately following Nintendo's E3 presentation; has Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World styles

It's already confirmed the game will get a physical retail release.

I don't recall that ever being said.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Octane

iKhan wrote:

Octane wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

-Mario Maker launches as an eShop-only release immediately following Nintendo's E3 presentation; has Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World styles

It's already confirmed the game will get a physical retail release.

I don't recall that ever being said.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141030e.pdf

The financial results always comes with supplementary information that includes the schedule of upcoming games. Download-only titles are either specifically mentioned, or it is noted that the list includes download-only titles. No mention of Mario Maker being (or any of the upcoming games for that matter) eShop exclusive.

I know some people are eager to see some games become download-only titles, I don't know why. The same has been said about Captain Toad; some deemed the game not worthy as a physical retail game. Nintendo is going to expand their physical library with smaller games as well, some people just have to get over that.

Octane

Punished_Boss_84

Octane wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Well, it's kinda difficult to mess up a game even more...

Exactly, but i've decided to lower the bar to the lowest.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

NintendoFan64

-There will be more Mario
-E3 will give birth to memes
-Zelda U gets delayed.
-Project S.T.E.A.M. doesn't sell well.
-Sega tries to redeem themselves with a new Sonic game (wether or not they succeed is unknown)
-Ubisoft will continue to pi$$ Nintendo fans off.
-Wii U will sell better, but will still fall behind.
-There will be at least ONE over-hyped game that just ends up disappointing a lot of people.
-3DS will continue to do well, but will decline in sales a bit.
-The Nintendo haters will still keep saying stupid crap about Nintendo being doomed.
-The PS4 will still do good.
-Xbone will diminish somewhat.
-N64 games FINALLY show up on the Virtual Console.
-Pokken Fighters gets ported to Wii U.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

iKhan

NintendoFan64 wrote:

-There will be more Mario Doubt it. Nintendo is trying to distance itself from the "rehashing Mario" criticisms in 2015
-E3 will give birth to memes Of course
-Zelda U gets delayed. Doubt it, it's their big holiday game
-Project S.T.E.A.M. doesn't sell well. Likely, it just seems quite obscure
-Sega tries to redeem themselves with a new Sonic game (wether or not they succeed is unknown) Agreed, though I doubt it will be Wii U exclusive
-Ubisoft will continue to pi$$ Nintendo fans off. Yup
-Wii U will sell better, but will still fall behind. Probably, but there is hope that the heavy influx of titles helps them out
-There will be at least ONE over-hyped game that just ends up disappointing a lot of people. The Division. We don't even have to speculate
-3DS will continue to do well, but will decline in sales a bit. I expect sales to increase actually. I'm fairly sure Nintendo has a better lineup next year than this
-The Nintendo haters will still keep saying stupid crap about Nintendo being doomed.
-The PS4 will still do good. Yes
-Xbone will diminish somewhat. The holiday price cut being temporary sealed this fate
-N64 games FINALLY show up on the Virtual Console. hope so
-Pokken Fighters gets ported to Wii U. I expect 2016

I have a few more predictions myself
-The PS3 and 360 FINALLY get a price cut
-Tales of Zestiria sells and scores like crazy in Japan, but disappoints in the west
-Another Inazuma Eleven title gets localized in North America
-FIFA finally gets an entry on Wii U
-Star Wars: Battlefront is 1st person only, resulting in massive outcry.
-Sony and Microsoft both introduce "Treehouse Live" style events for E3
-Nintendo brings in 3rd parties to their E3 presentation
-We see more evidence of Nintendo working with 3rd Parties.

NintendoFan64

@iKhan I would like to clarify something. I never said the new Sonic game would be a Wii U exclusive. For all we know it'll be an Xbone exclusive or multiplatform. Just wanted to clarify that.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Jacob717

iKhan wrote:

What's wrong with the GC version?

Also, it's not really open world.

It's a gimped port. The polygon count is lower, difficulty is decreased dramatically, they made it impossible for you to lose the House Cup to Slytherin, missing cutscenes, and the music skips all the time, and you can't explore the Hogwars grounds, you just go in one direction, and you just teleport there, there's no travelling at all.

And why isn't it open world? People say Mario 64 is open world, and that game has less places to explore than this.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

TuVictus

Mario Maker deserves to be an eShop title because it's not really for most people. Unless it's priced at $20 retail, I doubt I'll get it. Making your own levels is fun, but you can do that in Mario v. DK and that's worth like $15

I have a feeling Nintendo is gonna try pushing the 3rd party situation hard in 2015, but will ultimately fail yet again

TuVictus

Kyloctopus

Nintendo celebrates Super Mario Bros.' 30th anniversary with a bunch of festivities. Including a new Mario Edition Wii U, which will be crimson, as well as several New 3DS Face Plates. Mario Maker will also have a great involvement with the festivities
We also get to see a new Open World Mario game that isn't a sequel to Sunshine or Galaxy 2.
Bold Prediction level: 5/10
Nintendo will make their first Open-Beta with Splatoon.
Bold prediction level: 6/10
Nintendo works with thatgamecompany for another awesome game like Flower and Journey
Bold Prediction Level: 9/10

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Sportsfan1712

Starfox Predictions

• We get new trailers and info on the game
  • Project G.U.A.R.D. is announced to be a new mode in Star Fox
  • A new villain is announced for Star Fox (happening to be James seeking revenge)
  • It is announced to be an "open galaxy" styled game.
  • Demo in fall
  • Release in December 2015

Sup

IceClimbers

Here's a few other predictions:

-Evolve is a broken mess
-Battlefield Hardline is NOT broken, and turns out to be fairly decent, surprising everyone.
-Pokemon Delta Emerald and Pokemon Z launch in November 2015 (this is a bold one)
-The Pikachu detective game is cancelled
-SMTxFE finally gets a new trailer
-Kirby and Yoshi both fail to keep up the Wii U's momentum
-Devil's Third fails to sell, but is a good game overall
-A new Sonic game developed by Sonic Team is announced for PS4/XB1, but not for Wii U. Has a side game by Dimps for 3DS (totally calling this one)
-A new crossover game is announced by Nintendo in the same vein as Hyrule Warriors, SMTxFE, and Pokken Tournament.
-Luigi's Mansion HD, a remake of the original, is announced for Wii U; works with Gamecube controller.
-Wind Waker HD is patched for Gamecube controller compatibility

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

iKhan

Sportsfan1712 wrote:

Starfox Predictions

• We get new trailers and info on the game
  • Project G.U.A.R.D. is announced to be a new mode in Star Fox
  • A new villain is announced for Star Fox (happening to be James seeking revenge)
  • It is announced to be an "open galaxy" styled game.
  • Demo in fall
  • Release in December 2015

If P-Guard is just a mode in star fox, I might cry. That would be so much wasted potential.

IceClimbers

I'm predicting that Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will sell worse than Bayonetta 2

Inkling
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush comes in December, is Nintendo Europe's big holiday game
  • Zelda U and Star Fox are delayed to 2016
  • Splatoon comes in May
  • New 3DS, XL and 2DS are all announced for Europe and NA, launching in May/June
  • Xenoblade X comes on November 21st/28th, depending where you live
  • General amiibo are launched + 3DS adapter
  • Smash gets DLC in December/November
  • Splatoon gets a demo in April
  • Animal Crossing U is launched in October/November
  • Two SNES Remix titles are launched - one in April, one in August
  • A cheaper Wii U is released alongside Splatoon
  • Mario Maker is revealed to be Mario's 30th Anniversary game
  • Ubisoft or EA's Twitter says something bad about the Wii U again
  • More MK8 DLC is announced
  • Nintendo announces their smartphone app alongside QOL

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

IceClimbers

I don't get why everyone keeps saying Zelda U will get delayed to 2016. The game was almost showed at E3 last year, it's clearly far enough in development to be released in Holiday 2015.

Drawdler

Every Smash amiibo is launched by the end of the year and a) a new line for a 2016 game is revealed or b) a Holiday 2015 title gets its own set.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Ralek85

iKhan wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

-There will be at least ONE over-hyped game that just ends up disappointing a lot of people. The Division. We don't even have to speculate

No way, first of all, Tom Clancy games don't tend to disappoint, and from what we've seen The Division will have an outstanding presentation, cool setting and at least genre-standart gameplay. While Massive Entertainment has it's roots in PC RTS games, they proofed themselves more than capable there, and there is no reason to believe they can't deliver a great TPS. Maybe, the whole MMO aspect of it, will somehow not work out completely, but I still think people will enjoy it greatly. The Division will be great, probably not perfect though, and sofar they have been reasonable in their approach to feeding the hype machine - unlike a certain other studio for a certain other game ...
Secondly, I think Destiny will continue to disappoint on a grand scale, esp. - and this a prediction ^^ - with the game barely improving of the course of the next year, and the upcoming DLCs not delivering on the promise of it all anymore than the vanilla game. Destiny's hype should qualify it for consideration in 2015 as well, afterall, that stuff was off the charts. This will be aggravated by the disappoint that will be Halo 5, in fact, Destiny and Halo 5 should be considered as one in this regard. There is a huge hype-happy Halo crowd out there, and after Destiny, they have to put their hype somewhere, and despite some "mixed feeling" towards 343, it still seems like the best place for it, and the media will be on board for sure once the train leaves the station ...

Edited on by Ralek85

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.