Forums

Topic: 2015 Oscars Thread

Posts 41 to 49 of 49

Gamecubed

I love when Lady Gaga just sings. I don't really like all the poppy music she does, but when she sings like this or acoustically live, I really enjoy it.

Oh and... John Travolta just shouldn't be invited to award shows anymore.

Gamecubed

iKhan

Dipper723 wrote:

Yep, I knew Big Hero 6 would win over HTTYD2 for Best Animated Feature. This is the Brave winning over Wreck-It Ralph fiasco all over again. I wish they'd only let animators and people who work in the animation field vote for Best Animated Feature instead of having everyone vote, because a lot of these voters are ignorant and they only pick the most popular one or the one their kids liked.

I don't get what the big stink is this year though. This year's animated feature category was a really tight contest, even with LEGO Movie out of the running. Big Hero 6 is certainly Wreck-it Ralph tier, and though I've yet to see it, I've heard nothing but praise for Tale of Princess Kaguya.

Brave had mixed reception at best

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

Gamecubed wrote:

Oh and... John Travolta just shouldn't be invited to award shows anymore.

He's approaching Joe Biden levels of creepy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Aviator

Dipper723 wrote:

I wish they'd only let animators and people who work in the animation field vote for Best Animated Feature instead of having everyone vote, because a lot of these voters are ignorant and they only pick the most popular one or the one their kids liked.

Do you actually know how people vote at the Oscars?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CanisWolfred

Ironically, I'd actually prefer it if everyone actually got to vote instead of movie makers patting themselves on the back and expecting people to watch them do so. But then I remember that that would just be the People's Choice Awards and those are almost as bad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jacob717

Aviator wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

I wish they'd only let animators and people who work in the animation field vote for Best Animated Feature instead of having everyone vote, because a lot of these voters are ignorant and they only pick the most popular one or the one their kids liked.

Do you actually know how people vote at the Oscars?

Yes.

Jacob717

MsJubilee

The only thing good from this show was Lady's Gaga performance.Which was amazing!I loved it and i'm not even a fan of her!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

Sergio151 wrote:

So we have a year until the next Oscars, what are we going to do now?

Well, like the last year, this thread'll probably go dormant until next year's nominees are announced, at which point it'll be revived with an updated title (it started out as the 2014 Oscars Thread, which you can tell by the first page of comments).

In the meantime, just continue to watch films, play games, and do whatever else it is you do in life

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.