Topic: 2015 Oscars Thread

Posts 21 to 40 of 49

ogo79

i got 2 oscars myself.
1-
Untitled
2-
Untitled
the last one came in a pack of 8 oscars so really i got 9 oscars.
jelly people are jelly

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

hylianhalcyon

Damn, not even Oskar got that many Oscars.
Untitled

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

Socar

In the world of reality, there are two types of people. Ordinary and Extraordinary. Us ordinary worship those extraordinary while the extraordinary worships the ordinary. Its just a shame that the extraordinary get respect more than the ordinary so much.

I'm pretty sure that If i did everything that would satisfy mankind, I wouldn't get much of respect. T_T

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

RR529

Decided to bump this since it's that time of year once again.

That's right, Oscar Sunday is this weekend! Which movies are you rooting for?

As per usual, I'm behind on current movies (I usually wait until they're on Netflix Streaming, Encore On Demand, or whenever I can catch them on TV), but based on what I'm interested in seeing, I'd like to see American Sniper or The Imitation Game win best picture.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jacob717

I'm rooting for How to Train Your Dragon 2 to win Best Animated Feature, but I know Big Hero 6 is going to win, the Oscars always picks the film that made the most money.

Jacob717

iKhan

But at least this year Big Hero 6 is a film deserving of consideration.

The past 2 years they picked a film that wasn't even deserving.

Also. I've heard very good things about Princess Kaguya. Takahata is a very talented director at Ghibli.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

HollywoodHogan

American Sniper was the biggest crowd pleasing movie of the year, so it should win

Friend to all SJW's

CanisWolfred

I hope Guardians of the Galaxy gets a mention, even if its for the effects or whatever. It was the only good movie I saw last year, along with Days of Future Past (which also deserves a mention).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

@CanisWolfred, both GotG & X-Men: DofP are nominated for best Visual Effects, and GotG is also nominated for best Makeup/Hairstyling.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

@CanisWolfred, both GotG & X-Men: DofP are nominated for best Visual Effects, and GotG is also nominated for best Makeup/Hairstyling.

Okay, thanks. I really didn't want to look it up because award show nominations are usually pretty depressing...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Red_XIII

Grand Budapest Hotel for suprise bet.
Birdman and Boyhood were great, but TGBH was the only one I wanted to see again straight after I saw it...
That movie is incredible
Also, bi representation...

Red_XIII

CaviarMeths

American Sniper should clean up pretty well. It's the only "Hoo rah! 'Murica!" film in contention for plenty of awards. Plus it's a Clint Eastwood movie and the Academy seems to love his "I'm old now and a little disillusioned with my country" themes.

I don't usually pay attention to Best Animated Feature, but Lego Movie was definitely snubbed for a mention. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller have been killing it, one of the best comedy writing duos I've come across in a long time. They wrote the year's best two comedies as far as I'm concerned, Lego Movie and 22 Jump Street.

The movie itself was pretty mediocre, but Interstellar deserves the awards for Visual Effects, in my opinion. That movie was a sight to behold, one of the first movies in a very long time worth watching in the theater for the visual experience alone. Guardians of the Galaxy was gorgeous too. I guess I'm a sucker for great cosmic imagery.

I'm pulling for Birdman too for Best Actor and Best Director, though I think Boyhood is probably a lock for both.

Dipper723 wrote:

I'm rooting for How to Train Your Dragon 2 to win Best Animated Feature, but I know Big Hero 6 is going to win, the Oscars always picks the film that made the most money.

They almost never do.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RR529

I will say I'm a bit disappointed that Godzilla didn't get a nod in the Visual Effects category, but I haven't seen any of the nominated movies yet, so I can't complain.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HawkeyeWii

I bet my bottom dollar Boyhood wins Best Picture.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will definitely win Best Special Effects.
Still not sure why Lego Movie is not even nominated for best animated feature.
Also Godzilla and Transformers: Age of Extinction totally got snubbed for nominations in the Best Special Effects category.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Jacob717

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

They almost never do.

I admit "always" is exaggerating but they have picked the animated films that have made the most money 9 times out of 13

Jacob717

Jacob717

Wow, just wow. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/brutally-honest-oscar-b...

➻ BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
I only watch the ones that my kid wants to see, so I didn't see [The] Boxtrolls but I saw Big Hero 6 and I saw [How to Train Your] Dragon [2]. We both connected to Big Hero 6 — I just found it to be more satisfying. The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin' Chinese things that nobody ever freakin' saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest complaint. Most people didn't even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
MY VOTE: Big Hero 6

Edited on by LzWinky

Jacob717

RR529

This Oscars was pretty surprising for me, though predicable in other parts.

I was secretly kind of hoping to see the Tale of Princess Kaguya win best animated picture, just to see if a non-CGI could still take the top prize, but I'm certainly not complaining about Big Hero 6 winning, and I'm highly stoked about seeing it one of these days. While I'm not upset about it's absense (as I haven't seen it), I'm surprised The LEGO Movie didn't get a mention (especially considering The Boxtrolls got in).

I'm a bit disappointed that American Sniper only won for Sound Editing, but it's not all that surprising.

It was a surprise to see The Theory of Everything win for Best Actor (for whatever reason, it just seemed like one of those movies that would get a lot of noms, but nothing major, IMO). Good for it (I'd actually like to watch it one day).

Also, congratulations to Birdman, Whiplash, & The Grand Budapest Hotel. They don't look like things I'd be terribly interested in seeing, but I can respect that.

I'll say I came out of it wanting to see American Sniper, The Imitation Game, Selma, Unbroken, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, Big Hero 6, Feast, Into the Woods, Captain America: TWS, GotG, Interstellar, and The Dam Maker (I think that was the name of that short).

Also, is it just me, or did Neil Patrick Harris come off like he was trying too hard? His joke delivery felt stiff, and not nearly as organic as Ellen (the opening number was nice, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Eel

I never thought I'd see Lady Gaga singing like a fairy tale princess* in a pretty normal gown, so that was pretty refreshing.

Then again, I don't really follow her activities so it may not be so odd.

*I am well aware that the musical number had nothing to do with princesses or fairies, thanks.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Aviator

Proof that Lady Gaga is the queen we deserve.

I was reborn today. Perfection.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Jacob717

Yep, I knew Big Hero 6 would win over HTTYD2 for Best Animated Feature. This is the Brave winning over Wreck-It Ralph fiasco all over again. I wish they'd only let animators and people who work in the animation field vote for Best Animated Feature instead of having everyone vote, because a lot of these voters are ignorant and they only pick the most popular one or the one their kids liked.

Jacob717

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.