Forums

Topic: 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Posts 81 to 100 of 647

ASDFGHJKL

umm, go Mexico?

ASDFGHJKL

Machu

Mexico play the hosts in the opening game, should be a good'n.

Can't flipping wait! XD

Rawr!

MERG

7 days and 1 hour!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Magi

I'm not normally a soccer fan, but Machu's fervor is starting to rub off on me. Plus I've got a coworker from Zimbabwe and another from Liberia and they've been talking about soccer like a buncha little girls heading to a Justin Bieber concert.

Magi

Machu

Good to hear some of our American friends are taking interest in The World Cup. The rest of the world watches, so it's only right that you lot join in.

Gutted about Ferdinand's injury. I'm gutted for him personally, and I'm gutted for the team as a whole. Rio is an excellent defender and captain, he will be sorely missed. And now Steven Gerrard captains England on the world stage. D: ZOMG!

I'm freaking out now, it's all I can think about. This time next week I will be watching my second game of the tournament, yay!

Four years is a long time to wait! D:

edit: Read this on BBC earlier, US fans might be interested to read it too.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

MERG

@Machu...thanks for posting that link. I am SOOOO psyched for the World Cup and our match against you in particular!

At least I have to friendly against Australia and my home club to watch tomorrow!

Wiiperson11

Go Portugal! Everyone's going down!

Check out my videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cabaco14
I have great videos!

Machu

Ooh, I might see if I can watch that US v AUS game, could be quite interesting considering both teams could in theory meet during the tournament itself. Plus, I need to eye up these Americans, see what kind of form they are in.

I had a kick about today at the park with a dozen random people who didn't know each other. English people can by quite stand-off-ish to one another usually, but the sight of a group of dudes playing football just seemed to draw more & more strangers over until we had half a match going on in the baking sun, it was ace. The power of The World Cup is tangible over here, the media are pushing it hard and it's on everybody's lips.

I cannot wait for that opening ceremony and the match that follows.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

The_Fox

One of my roommates is Russian and the other is British, so I've been hearing about this forever. Them watching the NFL playoffs and Superbowl means I have to reciprocate. Luckily the booze should keep things interesting for me.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

MERG

@Machu...one thing that is NOT tangible over here is the power of the World Cup. : (

And the British people can be stand-off-ish? Well, we're not exactly hugging each other over here.

The_Fox

MERG wrote:

And the British people can be stand-off-ish? Well, we're not exactly hugging each other over here.

hugs MERG

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

MERG

@The Fox...thanks...I needed that.

MERG

@Machu...US beats Australia 3 to 1...WAHOOOOO!!!!! England...you're goin' down!

Machu

I managed to catch the second half, by which time both teams seemed a bit tired from the heat. Australia had the greater possession, but you still manage to score three. Untitled The Aussie's have been complaining about the pitch since, I notice the Americans haven't.

Here's some group info for anyone who doesn't know...
Untitled

Man, still waaaay too many days till it begins. D: I needz football!!

Rawr!

Adam

They're not complaining because they're manly men.

That was supposed to be smack talk, but in retrospect it sounds more... well...

Nevermind.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

BrazCanaMan

Brazil vs Tanzania today starting in about 30 minutes (noon Brasilia time, 11 eastern i guess) here's a link for SporTV Brasil in case anyone is interested:
http://www.ilemi.com/5684/1/Watch-Tanzania-vs-Brazil/

It's an obvious win for Brazil, but it's a fun team to watch.

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

BrazCanaMan

LOL 5 - 1 for Brazil. Friendly's are over, no more fun n' games. North Korea is going down on the 15th.

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

hobbes

First day of group play in group G could decide second place for the group, since Brazil is expected to win it and N. Korea is expected to lose. The groups first match is Ivory Coast vs. Portugal. I'm looking forward to that one. Hopefully Drogba will be able to play since Drogbe vs. Rolnaldo would make for an entertaining game.

Also, this might be the first year the host nation doesn't survive the group stage. South Africa drew a tough group with France, Uruguay and Mexico. While France's form has been poor recently... they seem to be able to step up on the big stage.

Overall, I think it will be a Spain v. Brazil final with Spain winning.

http://www.backloggery.com/hobbes543

Machu

My World Cup Wallchart is ready and waiting. 1 more day to go! Yay!

Rawr!

Big_A2

I've been losing interest in football in the last couple of years, but I'll be damned if I miss this oppurtunity to get up at 4am and watch Australia get their asses kicked by Germany.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.