Forums

Topic: 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 627

MERG

Yeah...I don't believe we have beat the Czech's yet. They did look strong...but as I said, defensively we were just off. We'll see how we do with Turkey this Saturday now that we have the team actually picked.

I am SO looking forward to our match on June 12th! (I may not be online though as I could be out of town).

I am seeing FIFA World Cup posters on every train I take to and from work. It's pretty cool to see it being propmoted over here.

Hey, I was looking at our final line up and surprised to see how many of our team actually play for Premier League clubs!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Machu

Don't worry, it's better to lose now and discover the problem early. Now they'll have a couple of weeks worth of training to tighten that defence. I really hope England tighten up their midfield in that time too. :/

Yes, we have a few US player in the Prem now, and quite a few good'ns too. My personal favourite is Demspey. He's cool.

Anyway... World Cup Goals + Foo's = Awesome
[youtube:B9L9rj4swhs]

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

MERG

Great vid Machu. There are some amazing goals there.

2 weeks!

Adam

Stupid time zones. I'll be at work for the majority of the games except weekend games and the first game on three-game days. Maybe I can manage to get off for USA's games. That'd be swell.

Any particular teams / games to watch? I have no idea who's good and who's not due to living in the US, land of ESPN, except the usuals (any EU team or Brazil). I'll probably try to catch Mexico's games, too, since I'm a good neighbor and all.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

ShinRPGGamer

weirdadam wrote:

Stupid time zones. I'll be at work for the majority of the games except weekend games and the first game on three-game days. Maybe I can manage to get off for USA's games. That'd be swell.

Any particular teams / games to watch? I have no idea who's good and who's not due to living in the US, land of ESPN, except the usuals (any EU team or Brazil). I'll probably try to catch Mexico's games, too, since I'm a good neighbor and all.

I'll help you out by giving you some info on a few teams ( as long as you don't mind my thoughts and some spelling mistakes)

North Korea: Even if they were in the easiest group, they would still be a front-runner for the worst team of the tournament.
Algeria: Despite Mourad Meghni being out with a knee injury, Algeria should still challenge the US for the 2nd spot in the east
Uruaguay: Bit of meh team. Don't expect them to go to far in the world cup (or even win a game for that matter)
Australia: I consider them one of the dark horces of the tournament, expect them to go far if teams are not careful
As for games I recommend the England US game on June 12. It will be interesting to watch as will this thread come this day.

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Adam

Oh, I'll absolutely be watching all the US games, and likely all the England games since their games are back to back with the US's. But thanks for all the info. I'll have to try to catch Australia's games when I can.

I don't know any of the players really; well, I know various names for England and USA, but not what they play or anything. It sucks when the only major team sport you like is the only one the rest of your country doesn't like. Sad times. At least the whole Cup is televised.

Come on, friends,

Machu

Off-topic, but...

Who-ever decided to put the England friendly on at the same time as the F1 GP, needs a slap.

Rawr!

Aviator

I could kiss and hug you Adam.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Adam

I'd take it as a kindness if you didn't.

But out of curiosity, may I ask why?

Come on, friends,

Machu

I can't bring myself to discuss today's friendly match against Japan. Instead, I shall just post a cool a picture.

Untitled

11 DAYS!!!

Rawr!

ShinRPGGamer

Machu wrote:

I can't bring myself to discuss today's friendly match against Japan. Instead, I shall just post a cool a picture.

Untitled

11 DAYS!!!

Why? They beat Japan even if they played bad in the first half and let Japan score first

Machu

Japan scored all three goals. And we looked disjointed. And Lampard and Terry suck, but they will get picked regardless.

Rawr!

ShinRPGGamer

Machu wrote:

Japan scored all three goals. And we looked disjointed. And Lampard and Terry suck, but they will get picked regardless.

Fifa said the score was 2-1 for England. That's what I'm getting this form

Adam

Maybe it's a sign, Machu.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Machu

@Gmls719: England won the game yes, but didn't score, Japan scored two own goals. Perhaps lady luck is on our side.

@Adam: Once the tournament begins a proper, the boys will wake up and start to play like I know they can. I'm sure of it. :S

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

ShinRPGGamer

@Machu: since I did not check who scored and who did not, I did not know this. I apologize

@Adam: You can also add Football "scientists" saying that will "overperform" at (but not win) the World cup this year.

Adam

"Football scientists"???

Come on, friends,

ShinRPGGamer

weirdadam wrote:

"Football scientists"???

Not the best term but they like to be called that.

Machu

@Gmls719: No need to apologise. The score didn't reflect the game tis all. I'm not smiling really, FFFFUUUUU.....

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

MERG

@Machu...at least the US had a good game against Turkey. And on a good note, my club finally had their first away win!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.