Forums

Topic: 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Posts 21 to 40 of 647

CowLaunch

I reckon Netherlands are going to surprise a few people this time, and I'm sad to say that I think Maradona will get his act together with Argentina. I also think Mexico will do better than many expect. Very difficult group for Ivory Coast, but with them going against North Korea I think Drogba still has a decent chance of getting the Golden Boot. Main contenders for the Golden Boot would be Villa or Rooney I think. I also think England's opening game against the USA will be a very close one.

CowLaunch

Machu

"Man Utd wait on Rooney ankle scan"

As do I! As does England!!! D:

71 days till the World Cup...

Rawr!

ShinRPGGamer

To all PS3 and Xbox owners in EU and NA

The 2010 Fifa World Cup demo has been released. You can play as Italy or Spain in the demo. The source is here.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/21866/2010-fifa-world-cup-south...

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

ShinRPGGamer

The Fifa 2010 world Cup game has come out today. It is available for the Wii, PS3 Xbox 360 and psp.

A link to a review site of this game can be seen below.

http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/9207

CowLaunch

Jebus Machu, I love the new avatar!

Anyways, Is the new World Cup game out in Korea?

CowLaunch

Machu

Thanks Cowlaunch, good to see you around again.

Premier League will be over soon (after Liverpool gift United the title), and then the hype machine begins. Can't wait!

only 43 days till the World Cup

Rawr!

MERG

I certainly can't wait!! US plays England first...correct?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Machu

Yes, our first games are against each other. I'll settle for a draw but deep down I think England will win comfortably. I hope England and USA finish that group 1 & 2 though, I'd hate to think of America switching off if/once they get knocked out. USA are a much stronger force these days and I think they could do well, just as long as it's not at England's expense, that's fine.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

ShinRPGGamer

CowLaunch wrote:

Jebus Machu, I love the new avatar!

Anyways, Is the new World Cup game out in Korea?

It should be available for all to enjoy on april 30th

Adam

Sylverstone wrote:

It would be so redundant for a country that has the most boring football league (yes, the MLS is that boring to me) to actually win.

I... don't think you know what "redundant" means. What are you trying to say?

What's wrong with a team winning just because you think their league is "boring"? If it's that you don't think they're good, no one thought the US was going to beat Spain in the Confederations Cup, either.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

CowLaunch

Some may consider the Greek league boring compared to others, but Greece managed to win Euro 2004. Many thought their football was boring, but this doesn't make their victory 'redundant'. Also, I don't think the relevance of a national side can be measured by the strength of their league; many of the best players in the EPL are foreign, Brazil's league is far weaker than the top European countries but Brazil still maintains the record for most World Cups won.

@Gmls719
Thanks.

CowLaunch

ShinRPGGamer

Today is the day for All who have any console but the DS to get your copy of Fifa world cup 2010!! Play all 199 nations who in qualifying, support your team in battle of the nations and lead them to glory!!!!

ShinRPGGamer

Machu wrote:

Yes, our first games are against each other. I'll settle for a draw but deep down I think England will win comfortably. I hope England and USA finish that group 1 & 2 though, I'd hate to think of America switching off if/once they get knocked out. USA are a much stronger force these days and I think they could do well, just as long as it's not at England's expense, that's fine.

In my opinion Machu, Algeria should be the ones you should watch for not the U.S. Why you ask? Mainly becuase Algeria have a vengance to be served to a team in group D that they want to defeat at any cost.

MERG

@Machu...great ad. I love the scene with the guy cooking in the camper van.

MERG

@Machu...I finally watched the US vs. Czech. I sure hope they pull it together. When they were on offensively, they looked good. They just weren't consistent. Defensively though...

Adam

USA!USA!USA!

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Machu

MERG wrote:

@Machu...great ad. I love the scene with the guy cooking in the camper van.

It's an excellent ad isn't it. And yeah, I especially enjoyed seeing Rooney imagining the worst. I wasn't that surprised to see the US struggle against the CR, they're a very good side. It was they who stopped England qualifying for the Euro's two years ago. edit: no it wasn't, it was Croatia, durgh :/

Not long now. The pub down the road from me has four MASSIVE England flags dancing in the wind. Everytime I walk past I feel the fires burn.

Bring it!

can't believe we are playing each other first, this thread should get quite interesting come that day. ;D

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.