Forums

Topic: 11/5/14 Direct Prediction/Expectation/Reaction/Discusssion thread

Posts 61 to 80 of 181

drewb0203

MM 3ds PLLZZZ. And New 3ds NA announcement.

drewb0203

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4121-0339 | Nintendo Network ID: abutchera

iKhan

I gave my thoughts on what I thought they'd show, but here's what I think they SHOULD show.

Don't show:
OR/AS
Cap Toad
These two have plenty of info already announced

Don't show:
New 3DS
If they want to boost holiday sales, it's best not to publicize a far superior revision.

Do show:
Duck Hunt Smash Trailer
Mario Kart DLC
Splatoon Update
STEAM update
Duck Hunt needs his trailer shown. Mario Kart DLC needs a release date. And Splatoon and STEAM are Nintendo's major Spring games next year. They need updates.

Do Show:
Zelda Trailer
Xenoblade X Trailer
These are their most anticipated 2015 titles, and this is likely the years last direct. Now is the time to give fans a last bit of info to keep them interested until E3.

Lastly, Do Show:
A new 3DS game announcement
As a 3DS owner I look in fear of a barren 2015. We need some reassurance of new games.

If other games are shown, this should be the priority:
1. Yoshi's Woolly World
2. Mario Maker
3. Star Fox
4. Giant Robot
5. Rainbow Curse
6. Mario Party 10
7. Guard
8. Mario vs DK

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Joeynator3000

3DSfan134 wrote:

I'm thinking of them telling us about when the Mewtwo DLC is coming. (Yes, I know it's coming Spring 2015 but still)

Doubt it, they would've just said it a couple of weeks ago during the Smash Wii U Direct. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CaviarMeths

Nintendo SHOULD show whatever they need to boost their Holiday 2014 sales the most, which is Smash, ORAS, Captain Toad, Mario Kart DLC, amiibo, and that's pretty much it. New info on Zelda, Splatoon, New 3DS, STEAM, etc, etc doesn't do squat for their Q3 sales.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jacob717

SpookyMeths wrote:

Nintendo SHOULD show whatever they need to boost their Holiday 2014 sales the most, which is Smash, ORAS, Captain Toad, Mario Kart DLC, amiibo, and that's pretty much it. New info on Zelda, Splatoon, New 3DS, STEAM, etc, etc doesn't do squat for their Q3 sales.

They could. If someone sees all the quality games that are on the Wii U, and then sees all the quality games that will come out soon for the Wii U, they'll likely buy one this holiday season.

Jacob717

CaviarMeths

Dipper723 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

They could. If someone sees all the quality games that are on the Wii U, and then sees all the quality games that will come out soon for the Wii U, they'll likely buy one this holiday season.

Potential customers don't really watch Nintendo Direct. They're targeted at current Nintendo hardware owners.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Yoshi

SpookyMeths wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Potential customers don't really watch Nintendo Direct. They're targeted at current Nintendo hardware owners.

That's not necessarily correct. There's a lot of people that watch the Direct (and a lot of people here as well) that have a 3DS but not a Wii U, and vice versa.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

CaviarMeths

brewsky wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

That's not necessarily correct. There's a lot of people that watch the Direct (and a lot of people here as well) that have a 3DS but not a Wii U, and vice versa.

Both are current Nintendo hardware owners. But true, there's sales potential for 3DS-only or Wii U-only owners.

I really think that the audience for ND is severely limited to people already inside the Nintendo ecosystem though.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

OCTAGON

Xiao_Pai wrote:

3DSfan134 wrote:

I'm thinking of them telling us about when the Mewtwo DLC is coming. (Yes, I know it's coming Spring 2015 but still)

Doubt it, they would've just said it a couple of weeks ago during the Smash Wii U Direct. lol

As my intelligence goes, Spring 2015 might be May right?

An octagon has 8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles.
Backlog
Smash 4 Batlle Card
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata....

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother | Twitter:

LzWinky

Having major announcements fuels the press into posting great things about Wii U, which can boost sales this holiday

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iKhan

SpookyMeths wrote:

Most of the info on those is already out. News for 2015 titles generated hype for what's to come for Wii U, which affects sales.

To put it another way, if someone isn't completely convinced by Smash, but then gets really excited about Splatoon and Zelda U, they may go ahead and pick up the system now.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

IceClimbers

Word of mouth from people who watch the Directs goes a long way (especially on social media). Granted, people setting their expectations too high and then become disappointed kinda negates that, but whatever. There's also coverage on gaming sites to go along with it.

Anyways, I'm keeping my expectations in check:

-Duck Hunt Reveal Trailer
-Mario Kart 8 DLC
-Hyrule Warriors DLC
-amiibo
-Captain Toad
-Yoshi's Woolly World
-Maybe Pokemon ORAS
-Maybe Splatoon

That's it. Anything else would be surprise.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

@3DSfan134 Yes, it might be May. I honestly think April will probably be when we get Mewtwo.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kereke12

I wonder what fruit Mr. Iwata is going to hold tomorrow. I hope its a Orange. --- I called Metroid !!!!

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

CaviarMeths

So not to rev up the hype train, but this Direct is confirmed for all regions. That means there will be at least one piece of information that is not region-specific. It could be a new game announcement.

Octane

Dipper723 wrote:

What Will/Might Happen

-Mario Kart 8 DLC Release Date, and all tracks shown
-Mario Maker gets SMB3, and SMW skins
-Star Fox U trailer
-Zelda U gameplay footage

And I think we may get 1 game per month. Splatoon in February, Yoshi's Whooley World in March, Kirby Rainbow Curse in April, Codename: S.T.E.A.M in May, and the eShop titles like Mario vs. DK and Mario Maker will get released in between these months.

On average, we will get one game every month in 2015; Nintendo has thirteen Wii U games scheduled to be released in Europe, and twelve Wii U games in NA. Mario vs. DK and Mario Maker are not eShop exclusive games, both games will be sold retail as well. As of now, Kirby is scheduled for a ''2015'' release, as opposed to a ''early 2015'' release (like Mario Maker, Project Giant Robot, Splatoon and Yoshi). Kirby will most likely end up as a late 2015 game.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141030e.pdf

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane That is assuming none of the games get delayed to 2016 but this is Nintendo we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda U ends up being a 2016 title.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aozz101x

Predicting
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 release date
Captain Toad
Monster Hunter 4
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World
Codename STEAM
Project Giant Robot
Story Of Season
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley
Pokémon: AS/OR
Indie/3rd Party Sizzle Reel

Maybe:
The Legends Of Zelda for Wii U
Star Fox for Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
New Nintendo 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles for New Nintendo 3DS
Fossil Fighters Frontier
Mario Party 10
Devil's Thrid
Mario vs Donkey Kong for Wii U

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Octane That is assuming none of the games get delayed to 2016 but this is Nintendo we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda U ends up being a 2016 title.

True. Although I remember either Miyamoto or Aonuma saying that they originally wanted to show off Zelda U at E3 2013. For me that's an indication that the game has been presentable for quite some time now. Plus the fact that Zelda is going to be their big holiday game, tells me that Nintendo will do everything to make sure it will release in 2015.

edit: Here it is; https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/miyamoto_zelda_wii_u...

Edited on by Octane

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.