Forums

Topic: 11/5/14 Direct Prediction/Expectation/Reaction/Discusssion thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 181

Yoshi

For those in the US and Europe hoping for a retail launch of Nintendo's New 3DS in the near future, the prospects don't look good. During Nintendo's recent semi-annual financials briefing, president Satoru Iwata explained why Japan is the only country to get the revamped hardware.

The primary reason that the New 3DS launched first in Japan is because the adoption rate of the original model has been so high in the three and a half years since launch that sales just recently started to decline. With units moved at over 17 million, Iwata implied that a hardware refresh was necessary to kickstart sales again.

Conversely, while the 3DS is doing well in western countries, Iwata said that it's "at an earlier stage of popularization in these two markets." This is despite the fact that Nintendo believes the US and Europe both have "bigger sales potential" than Japan. Nintendo doesn't think it'd make sense to release hardware meant to spur sales when sales are still growing.

Already been stated before, but just thought I'd throw that out there for everyone expecting an announcement/release window for the New 3DS. It's not happening soon, guys. Just figured I'd tell you now before everyone gets their hopes up.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/iwata-explains-why-new-3ds-isn-t-c...

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

WebHead

New 3DS will probably come stateside when Nintendo releases a west-oriented exclusive game. We will get it next year, just not before March. We will proabably get it in the spring or summer seasons. Also, I probably shouldn't hold my breath for Wii U N64 VC right?

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Speaking of Pokemon, when are they going to announce the console version of Pokken?

Twist ending, it's coming out exclusive to Ouya.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

It should be a great direct because I honestly think they will show more gameplay of upcoming 2015 games and show release windows.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Drawdler

I had a choice between getting a good sleep in and waking up for this direct.

I decided to wake up, but I made a horrible mistake.

The direct is tomorrow morning (AEDT), which I failed to notice before my sleep-in was ruined.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

llamareborn

I predict Pokémon Snap U

Edited on by llamareborn

llamareborn

LzWinky

I just wanted to point out that she has retweeted every direct lately and not all of them had new info...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

Of course it's going to be a huge info dump on Smash, Captain Toad, ORAS, Mario Kart DLC, and amiibo, and I'm not really expecting any surprises, but a Fatal Frame localization announcement would make my heart grow 3 sizes that day.

New game announcements or launch dates are pretty much out of the question.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

JunkosBoobies

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WebHead wrote:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/240942-monolith-soft-info-looking...

Xenoblade creator's wife retweeted the direct. We all know what that means!

Wasn't the last time people assumed this Lucina and Robin were revealed instead of Shulk?

SMTxFE info confirmed!

God, I really wish you were for real... (Yes, I knew it was joke all along, before you say anything)

Anyways, I predict we'll get OR/AS news and maybe the final Smash reveal secret characters wise... Crosses fingers for Lucas, Wolf or Isaac as Smash DLC

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Jacob717

What Will/Might Happen

-Mario Kart 8 DLC Release Date, and all tracks shown
-Mario Maker gets SMB3, and SMW skins
-Star Fox U trailer
-Zelda U gameplay footage

And I think we may get 1 game per month. Splatoon in February, Yoshi's Whooley World in March, Kirby Rainbow Curse in April, Codename: S.T.E.A.M in May, and the eShop titles like Mario vs. DK and Mario Maker will get released in between these months.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

NintendoFan64

Dipper723 wrote:

What Will/Might Happen

-Star Fox U trailer

And I think we may get 1 game per month. Splatoon in February, Yoshi's Whooley World in March, Kirby Rainbow Curse in April, Codename: S.T.E.A.M in May, and the eShop titles like Mario vs. DK and Mario Maker will get released in between these months.

Uh...I don't mean to be rude, but your expectations past the first two kinda seem a bit too high. I don't think we're gonna get any new info on Starfox until E3, Zelda U probably won't be shown there (I admit it's possible, but I don't it's gonna happen), and I'm not sure if we'll get 1 game per month. I mean, I would like for that to happen, but I don't see it happening. Also:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Anyways, I predict we'll get OR/AS news and maybe the final Smash reveal secret characters wise... Crosses fingers for Lucas, Wolf or Isaac as Smash DLC

Okay, if Lucas and Wolf get announced as DLC, that would instantly be the best part of the direct for me, unless Nintendo actually does the unthinkable and announces an official Mother 3 localization, which I don't see happening. Also, by sheer luck, the direct is happening during my creative writing class, which can also be used as a workshop, meaning I can actually watch it live! HUZZAH!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

kkslider5552000

A lot of this probably depends on if we're getting one in December or January. If we are, this might just mostly be a giant ad for the games just for this year (I mean...more of an ad than usual) with a downloadable announcement or something. If we aren't though, people should be really excited. Granted, I would be excited for a new Game Freak or Intelligent System downloadable title and so should you.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

I just want them to announce DKC1-3 for the Wii U VC + Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze discount...mostly so people will stop complainiong every update they aren't there...all 5 of them...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

DDP extended!
Untitled

No, sorry. I actually mean the Deluxe Digital Promotion should get extended.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CaviarMeths

Ryno wrote:

It should be permanent, really.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jacob717

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

What Will/Might Happen

-Star Fox U trailer

Uh...I don't mean to be rude, but your expectations past the first two kinda seem a bit too high. I don't think we're gonna get any new info on Starfox until E3, Zelda U probably won't be shown there (I admit it's possible, but I don't it's gonna happen), and I'm not sure if we'll get 1 game per month. I mean, I would like for that to happen, but I don't see it happening. Also:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Okay, if Lucas and Wolf get announced as DLC, that would instantly be the best part of the direct for me, unless Nintendo actually does the unthinkable and announces an official Mother 3 localization, which I don't see happening. Also, by sheer luck, the direct is happening during my creative writing class, which can also be used as a workshop, meaning I can actually watch it live! HUZZAH!

Yeah, the last two were wishful thinking, but I think they'll do 1 game a month, maybe not in that order though.

Jacob717

veeflames

I wanna see tabbed menus and themes for Wii U.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

kkslider5552000

SpookyMeths wrote:

Ryno wrote:

It should be permanent, really.

I would honestly suggest people give that message to Nintendo ASAP.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.