Forums

Topic: 1001 games you must play before you die

Posts 81 to 92 of 92

Rob_mc_1

I have played 87 of the games on this list. It could have been more but they listed others in the series.

♠♦♣

CanisWolfred

razor10000 wrote:

Does anyone here play CoD 4:Modern Warfare? I recently finished the campaign and I'm getting bored of it.

I did, Chrono Cross does, as did a few others. I got sick it very quick personally. I prefer the other games in the series except for Call of Duty 3.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Dragoon wrote:

And no, I do NOT need to play COD before I die.

I'm not a huge fan of the series but I think you should. It was basically the last great World War 2 game and is the main reason for the "always stay in first person even in cutscenes" thing that FPSs use so often now.

The list gets bonus points for having Little King's Story and Muramasa but loses them all for only having DKC3 from the DKC games and 8 from the classic Megaman series.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

razor10000 wrote:

Does anyone here play CoD 4:Modern Warfare? I recently finished the campaign and I'm getting bored of it.

I did, Chrono Cross does, as did a few others. I got sick it very quick personally. I prefer the other games in the series except for Call of Duty 3.

I also beat the Wii version. I like it a lot still, simply because it's in a modern-era time period. I'm liking the campaign more than Black Op's campaign, but just barely.

Mabbit

Meh, I didn't agree much with the list. I guess its hard to find 1001 different games, but I don't think half of them are good enough to play before you die.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Mabbit

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

razor10000 wrote:

I also beat the Wii version. I like it a lot still, simply because it's in a modern-era time period. I'm liking the campaign more than Black Op's campaign, but just barely.

The campaign isn't the main draw of CoD though. You're supposed to play it for its online.

Regardless of how good it is, its a huge phenomenon and you should play it before you die.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Big_A2

I don't get it, the 1001 Movies and 1001 Albums lists were good. What happened? When you make a list of 1001 products from a 30 year old industry, and there are still many obvious exclusions, you know there's problems.

Birdman

Sylverstone wrote:

What? No Minecraft in that list?

The list was probably made before Minecraft became super-known and whatnot.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

theblackdragon

with VVVVVV on that list, i don't see why Minecraft couldn't be -- they were both originally released (or leaked?) in '09, weren't they?

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

theblackdragon wrote:

with VVVVVV on that list, i don't see why Minecraft couldn't be -- they were both originally released (or leaked?) in '09, weren't they?

That's true, but VVVVVV became popular early-ish in the year IIRC? Minecraft only really took off fairly recently - some time in 2010 I believe, mostly due to its continuous updates. The book may have been written or published in between that gap.

@vonseux I agree, there are a number of pointless sequels listed. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved is basically the same with some improvements and additions. That's part of why I'm disappointed they completely ignored some important game series like Streets of Rage 2 and Toejam & Earl.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

SuperMarioRacoon

I agree with Machu at page 4.

SuperMarioRacoon used Tail Whip !

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.