Showing 1 to 10 of 10
1. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 10:29 GMT
I already sent you a message about how we (the Tri-core Linux team) didn't find an exploit, and dumping the bootrom wasn't a step in any direction. Then after that you ignore me and post ANOTHER article mentioning it. It was done 3 or 4 days after the Wii U release (I can't remember which) by someone else, and now we did it again for no particular reason. Someone found out about it and started this ridiculous rumor about it being a step towards homebrew, and I've been trying to squash it since then. I think you all need to read this, as well as doing a bit or research before you post rumors.
Edited on Tue 25th February, 2014 @ 15:21 by theblackdragon
2. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 10:38 GMT
Yeah I know mate, it's just another clickbait Wii U is doomed traffic accumulator story for gaming websites to spew out more poop for users to eat up
3. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 10:39 GMT
I don't like it when people say we did something that we didn't do.
4. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 10:51 GMT
You didn't already know about the internets?
5. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 10:59 GMT
This is the part that I have the biggest problem with:
"It would now appear that the situation has dramatically changed. A hacking group known as "Wii U Hax" has revealed that it has found an exploit to access the Wii U hardware — through the Wii mode, at least — and is proudly claiming that this is beginning of the Wii U homebrew scene."
1) We aren't called Wii U Hax. That's the site that a media whore first started this rumor on.
2) We never claimed that it was the beginning of the Wii U homebrew scene.
3) It doesn't allow access to Wii U hardware.
6. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 11:20 GMT
That's what I mean though, these gaming sites are running low on Wii U doom stories that they need to create sensationalist articles to keep up momentum for clicks... The Wii U is their bread and butter at the moment
7. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 11:23 GMT
So throw me under the bus by suggesting we're boasting about something insignificant.
8. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 11:29 GMT
I wouldn't worry about it anyway... Nintendorks will forget about this next week when a new Mario title is announced
9. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 11:47 GMT
@JoostinOnline I've added an update to the article to reflect the valid points you've made. Likewise, elements of my original response in the Wii U update thread remain relevant.
Editor - Nintendo Life
Currently playing (3DS) - EMBARGOED (again)
Currently playing (Wii U) - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Currently playing (PS3) - Bioshock Infinite
Currently playing (Vita) - Thomas Was Alone
Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter: ThomasBW84
10. Posted: Tue 25th Feb 2014 11:50 GMT
Thank you very much.
Sorry, this topic has been locked.