Forums

Topic: sell my switch for a ps4 pro/x box one x this 2018

Posts 1 to 20 of 27

h_4s

should I sell my switch and buy another console. The 2018 game roster doesn't seem anything like zelda or mario. i mean i dont thinnk kirby is a must and nor is yoshi. metroid might just be a good game but i want to switch to an online platform where i dont complete the sotry and im done like splatoon 2

h_4s

Dang3rdomo22

2018 isn't even here yet, so of course the line-up so far looks sparse. Nintendo is notorious for "playing-things-close-to-the-chest", so they really only announce games when they're near completion/shipping (With the exception of the occasional e3 game, of course). Remember that Nintendo Direct a few months back that revealed TONS of games coming to switch (Like Doom, Wolfenstein 2, Rocket League deets, Payday 2, etc.)? Just wait and see. It'd be mighty impulsive and foolish to sell a brand new console just because you don't know what it's 2nd year of life and games roster will look like (Though with total Switch sales at over 10+ million this early, I can promise you we'll see even more games in 2018 than we did with 2017, with all the 3rd parties who sat out this year being eager to hop onto the Switch hype train for 2018).

Your choice though

Dang3rdomo22

Lukandon

U NO LIKE PROJECT OCTOPATH TRAVELER? DX

Seriously though, that game is my most hyped game of 2018.
Pokemon could be coming out in 2018 too.
Anyway, what @Dang3rdomo22 said is very true.

Edited on by Lukandon

Lukandon

Nintendo Network ID: Luigi_Fanatic | Twitter:

Octane

Sell your Switch, buy an Ouya.

Octane

NEStalgia

@h_4s Switch is less than a year old. PS4/X1 is over 4 years old and have a 4+ year old library size to match (and always have more total games than Nintendo platforms due to their 3rd party emphasis.)

The big question is: Why did you buy a new console if what you wanted was a large library that comes with an old console? The talk in PS4 threads is "when is PS5 coming?"

We don't know the 2018 lineup yet. We didn't know the 2017 lineup until mid January, and even then we only found out a few key titles for half the library we actually have. We know SMTV is coming, probably next year. Metroid probably isn't, but Pokemon might. There are certainly going to be other big hitters we don't know about yet. Holiday 2018 is usually not announced until E3.

OTOH if you're saying that what you really prefer is a a primarily online platform, then yeah, even over PS4, XBox One is where you want to be. Nintendo doesn't overly focus on online. Playstation increasingly does, but it's online infrastructure is still mediocre at best and their story focused games are their main selling point. XBox is the brand that's focused primarily on an all online/cloud experience, trying to be more like PC. So if that's what you want, that's the product you're looking for. It has VERY few platform exclusive games however, almost everything is just multiplat on PC and PS4 (and in some cases Switch) as well.

NEStalgia

GrailUK

I can't wait for 2018 (although I wish we could insert another month after December so that I can finish a couple more games...)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

I don't understand this compulsion to buy a new console and then sell it as soon as you complete a game or two.

I mean, it's your stuff, so you can do what you want, but I can almost guarantee you'll regret it in a few months when games you want are being announced for it. I've seen this happen a million times. People like you will purchase and sell the same console five or six times in its lifetime.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah A friend of mine buys a console whenever he wants to play a game, and he sells everything after he's done. He already went through several PS4s and a Switch.

Octane

GoldenGamer88

Whatever you do, mate, don‘t buy a Xbox, unless true 4K resolution is that important to you.

So you‘re a throw the baby out with the bath water kinda guy, huh? Nintendo‘s never been like Sony or MS, who announce their stuff years in advance only to delay them again and again. They announce games pretty close to the actual release so you‘ll have to be patient and see if there‘s something that strikes your fancy.

But if you‘re really that keen on selling it for a quick buck, be my guest! Seriously, though, hands off of that Xbox.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NEStalgia

@Octane That's just weird. Is it at such great savings that it's worthwhile? I can't imagine he's not spending fortunes cycling consoles rather than just sticking it in the closet until he needs it again?

@GoldenGamer88 Bad XBox experience? I had a 360, but haven't touched a One (nothing appeals to me slightly about it though the X is a nice piece of kit...I'd probably build a PC again before getting what is really a PC anyway with all the problems inclusive), but I'd think if online was someone's focus that's the platform to get into. Its online is the one thing it DOES have going for it. (Games on the other hand are not...)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia I know he sold the Switch at a profit. But you're right, he's probably losing money in the long run. He knows it too, but I guess he doesn't care.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane People like that just baffle me. It would be like buying and selling a blu-ray player every time a new movie you want to see releases.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@h_4s
First...
Change your gaming mindset.
You have Switch, The BEST SELLING video games yet.
And you want to trade for ps4 ??
You throw away your Nintendo games !
Don't do that !
You Will NEVER Able Play Splatoon 2 on PS4.
Xbox One or X ??
Hahahahaha....
You want that Ridiculous Xbox machine ??
Please....
You will get even Worse than ps4.

SAVE Your Switch.
NEVER Ever Sold it.
You have NO idea what games for Switch during 2018.
Don't just Rely on Zelda or Mario games only.
Try another games.
Try to expand your Favorite games.
2018 will be BOOM by Pokemon for Switch.
You will REGRET once you trade your Switch for ps4 / xbox 1 , the machine that NEVER have Zelda or Mario games.

Anti-Matter

GoldenGamer88

@NEStalgia Some of my favorite games are for X360 and only for X360 (unless you count the backwards compability on XOne). XOne, however, well, both the old and new home menu navigation is just ... ugh ... worse than navigating the PS Store and that on its own is a nightmare. Plus, what games does it have that PS4 or PC don’t have? I‘d rather buy or build a Gaming PC than buy a XOne. PS4 is clearly the better option due to its exclusives library

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

1UP_MARIO

@h_4s keep your switch and buy a PS4. Everyone wins

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

redd214

I agree with the comment above. Keep your switch then save up for a ps4. It's pretty much the best combo right now. You get the amazing first party exclusives from both Nintendo and Sony, you get majority of the big 3rd party releases and indie games as well. Really the best of both worlds imo.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

I'd say at least wait until the paid online service is active before deciding whether to sell the Switch. How Nintendo approaches that service will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fight_Teza_Fight

@h_4s Depends on your finances.
Personally I'd never trade in hardware. For someone that plays the majority of third party games on PS4 and is only interested in some of Nintendo's first party games, I too have nothing to really play until Bayonetta 1+2.
2018 looks like the best year yet for PS4. If you're a new owner you've got an incredible game library at your disposal at incredible prices.

I've always thought the Switch of as an excellent complimentary secondary gaming device, but it can't really replace the core gaming experience my PS4 provides.
Honestly you should probably have bought a Pro over Black Friday-Christmas period if you were interested. They were some insane deals available, which I think are all but gone now.

If money is an issue and you're not really happy with your Switch, then sell it. Personally unless you can find a crazy good deal for a Pro, I'd wait a year- especially if money is a issue.

I remember Sony did a deal where you could get a Pro and 5 new games for less than Xbox One X. I'd wait for something like this to pop up again.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Rudy_Manchego

Save up, buy a PS4 or XB1 in the January sales and have the best of both worlds!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

My Nintendo: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

LuckyLand

do you even know what you are talking about? please tell me when it happened that a Mario game or a Zelda game has been released only one year after the previous one. Of course in 2018 there will be no new Mario or Zelda game. Aside from that, are you only interested in AAA blockbuster must-have games like they were trophies to obtain? I for example didn't like BOTW and loved games like Wulverblade and Sonic Mania. You don't know what games will be released in 2018 and if you know gaming you know that there could be some hidden gem that you could even like more than Mario or Zelda and you wouldn't even hear about it until the day it gets released on the eShop. If there are PS exclusives that you want and you overall prefer PS4 rather than Switch it is another thing, that would be an understandable reason to sell a console and buy the other one, but "there don't seem to be anything like Zelda or Mario" makes no sense at all for someone who knows what we are talking about

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.