Forums

Topic: Necroposting... :/

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Joeynator3000

This needs more attention, because I noticed it has been happening a lot recently. (the most recent being a thread about rumored Zelda 3DS titles)
Could there be like...an...auto-lock system that closes out threads that are a year old?

Seen threads that were even created in '10 get bumped by unnecessary posts.

insert reason for avi change here
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
TUMBLR!!!
A totally safe and not random link.
Lzeon's name is here because he's a big meanie poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Didn't catch that....that's good then. Hopefully a PM system will show up at some point too, that way we could ask if a certain thread could be bumped if there's a good reason for it.
Anyways, this thread can be a reminder or whatever then. x3

Edited on by Joeynator3000

insert reason for avi change here
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
TUMBLR!!!
A totally safe and not random link.
Lzeon's name is here because he's a big meanie poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

Meowpheel

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Didn't catch that....that's good then. Hopefully a PM system will show up at some point too, that way we could ask if a certain thread could be bumped if there's a good reason for it.
Anyways, this thread can be a reminder or whatever then. x3

If you want to send a PM... Just @mention someone in a post and delete it quickly after! A notification will be sent with the message to the mentioned people.

Right?

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Morphtorok wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Didn't catch that....that's good then. Hopefully a PM system will show up at some point too, that way we could ask if a certain thread could be bumped if there's a good reason for it.
Anyways, this thread can be a reminder or whatever then. x3

If you want to send a PM... Just @mention someone in a post and delete it quickly after! A notification will be sent with the message to the mentioned people.

Right?

I think it depends on the other user's settings.

insert reason for avi change here
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
TUMBLR!!!
A totally safe and not random link.
Lzeon's name is here because he's a big meanie poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

moomoo

What about threads in the Hall of Fame?
I don't ever want to see our family tree go away because it is old...

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Tasuki

Personally I hope we don't get a PM system. I don't want to deal with idiot spammers.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Geonjaha

But it isn't actually a problem unless its an old news or rumour thread. Reviving a thread about a specific game discussion or your favourite ice cream flavour doesn't do much harm. (Terrible example - what a horrible thread idea :L)

Tasuki wrote:

Personally I hope we don't get a PM system. I don't want to deal with idiot spammers.

They'd get banned quickly, just as they do now. Plus, blocking people could probably be achieved easily.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

TheLZdragon

Just report and the mods will handle it accordingly.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Eeveeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Obtuse

If the rules say that a user should search for a topic then why should necroposting/bumping threads be classed as a bad thing?

Obtuse

Twitter:

Tasuki

Obtuse wrote:

If the rules say that a user should search for a topic then why should necroposting/bumping threads be classed as a bad thing?

It depends on how it is done really. If you are adding something of value to a conversation that's one thing, but to bring up an old post just to say "Yeah I like that game" or something along those lines is a bit annoying. Also if someone is asking for help and you post a solution 3 years after the person posted the question chances are they have either found a solution or they have move on.

Also keep in mind that six months is generally the rule around here. If a thread has been dead for six months or more than its ok to start a fresh one.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SkywardLink98

I dunno. Some conversations should be necro'd, but some just shouldn't and it's spam. I don't think an automated system would be able to tell the difference to the satisfaction of anyone.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

CanisWolfred

SkywardLink98 wrote:

I dunno. Some conversations should be necro'd, but some just shouldn't and it's spam. I don't think an automated system would be able to tell the difference to the satisfaction of anyone.

Honestly, I can't think of much that would be worth necroing a year or older thread that couldn't be solved by simply making a new thread and linking to it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

theblackdragon

Geonjaha wrote:

They'd get banned quickly, just as they do now. Plus, blocking people could probably be achieved easily.

Actually, in discussions with Ant about a PM system, we've been against it because we'd have no way of monitoring said discussions without having to break the privacy of people attempting to have PM discussions, They'd no longer be PMs, just 'M's, so Ant's got a solution in mind to help users send messages to one another, it's just that to my knowledge it's gonna be a public system. anyone will be able to see what you're saying even though it's technically a direct message from one user to the other not sent via forums or main site comment thread. If you're looking for a truly private way to chat with one another, Nintendo Life is not now and likely will never be the place to do so, I'm afraid. We are not interested in giving ourselves yet another avenue for spammers to go after our users, nor are we interested in having to delve into what should be a personal discussion between two users.

As for solving the necro problem, it's one of the things that's in the works, and we can only continue to beg your patience.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Top

  • Pages:
  • 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.