Forums

Topic: Img signatures

Posts 41 to 54 of 54

the_shpydar

LOL, i love the "freedom of expression" and "creativity" arguments in favor of the horrible idea of img sigs.

Yep, really creative and expressive to have a signature filled with overdone memes, copyrighted images and site-blights you hotlinked from some random webpage.

On a more practical, logistic side of things, you do realize that img sigs would require one of two things:
1. Hosting on NL of the pics (requiring massive server space that is better spent elsewhere)
-or-
2. Adding exceptional load times to every thread as it loads, since the pics would have to be accessed from whatever site they're hosted from.

Seriously, to all the little kiddies who want img sigs — no. Just no. If you want them so much, have fun on those other messy, cluttered and ugly looking sites out there.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

DaveGX

the_shpydar wrote:

LOL, i love the "freedom of expression" and "creativity" arguments in favor of the horrible idea of img sigs.

Yep, really creative and expressive to have a signature filled with overdone memes, copyrighted images and site-blights you hotlinked from some random webpage.

On a more practical, logistic side of things, you do realize that img sigs would require one of two things:
1. Hosting on NL of the pics (requiring massive server space that is better spent elsewhere)
-or-
2. Adding exceptional load times to every thread as it loads, since the pics would have to be accessed from whatever site they're hosted from.

Seriously, to all the little kiddies who want img sigs — no. Just no. If you want them so much, have fun on those other messy, cluttered and ugly looking sites out there.

Man, there's so many things wrong with that. Whos aid anything about "hotlinking" the images to a random website? Again, NL can always put a size limit on them, so who says they don't have the resources to do so if needed for hosting purposes? I've rarely run into massive load times with them in other forums, so i dunno where people are pulling this from. I could see blocking out inappropriate internet memes, but there's nothing wrong with using gaming images, copyright or not, which can easily be edited with photoshop. A majority of the content is most likely purposely posted to the internet, and it's the responsability of those who don't want their material to be used to protect it properly; Baically, if you don't want it to be used or can't proect it don't share it because that's how vast majority of material, internet or not, is created to begin with; It's all inspired from somewhere. Don't punish the community for material you don't want us to use is what it comes down to. Unless you can give me some hard reasoining/logic about what's so wrong with freedom of expression or creattivity asa signature image, you're only repeating a lot of other people's negative nonsense.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

DaveGX

Yeah well, if I had a dollar for every time I've read things that other people have already said, so would I. Just saying

Drawdler

Well, I do admit I'd quite like my Backloggery listing in my signature.
Untitled
However, it's just sickening to see them all pile up. Perhaps a disable option? But NL doesn't tend to get a ton of new features coded that often and I'd rather see some more important stuff get added in(AKA PMs and Forum Search). If the majority of users would just choose to disable images in signatures altogether it simply wouldn't be worth adding.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

bro2dragons

Untitled

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

CanisWolfred

^Why? Wouldn't it be more creative to use different images? I mean, hell, I never use the same avatars on different websites.

Machamp_King wrote:

@the_shpydar those website's aren't messy,cluttered,and ugly looking

Where exactly have you been? Nearly every website I've been to that allows them is a cluttered mess. Wiiwarewave, Crunchyroll, even RPGFan I have to block the sigs of the 2 or 3 people who use IMG Signatures there.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DaveGX

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Why? Wouldn't it be more creative to use different images? I mean, hell, I never use the same avatars on different websites.

Machamp_King wrote:

@the_shpydar those website's aren't messy,cluttered,and ugly looking

Where exactly have you been? Nearly every website I've been to that allows them is a cluttered mess. Wiiwarewave, Crunchyroll, even RPGFan I have to block the sigs of the 2 or 3 people who use IMG Signatures there.

ROFL! Oh here we go again with that garbage "cluttered mess" excuse again. Where have YOU been? Maybe you haven't been visiting the right websites? Because all the 1s I go to are perfectly organized, no cluttered messes, such as XBox forums, Bungie, Halo WayPoint PlayStation.....I could probably think of a few more because whenever I go to forums I go to the most direct source as possible Seriously, you people complaining will never be satisfied so we mightas well not even have avatar images for that matter. Maybe those images are"annoying", interruptive, yetthey sit fine on the side, just like an img signature would do on the bottomat a limited, appropriate size. And don't gimme any excuse as "Oh I can't tell where the enxt post begins, the signature is too gbig" because that's a load, too; Every post in these forums listed separates each post perfexctly, img signature or not.

theblackdragon

All right, that's enough. I'm sure Ant will give this request all the consideration it is due, guys. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.