Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,579

TOUGHDUDE94

Tasuki wrote:

andrew20 wrote:

CrazyOtto wrote:

I don't know if I posted this already or not but I'd like to have the option to look back at the topics I posted like I can with my replies to topics.

I like that idea also add up vote and down vote onto the post and comments also for forums so we can tell who likes and who dose not
I also like getting notifications via. email also

Upvote is ok but a downvote is unnecessary its just another way to bully people online.

I am also on ign so I used to that system to but disqus is bad and it slows down the computers a lot and it works 50% of the time but having the option to upvote is a great idea
and one thing I like about here it is more peaceful that ign

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

CanisWolfred wrote:

andrew20 wrote:

and one thing I like about here it is more peaceful that ign

Hell is more peaceful than IGN.

that is the truth with all the fanboy wars and xbox fanboys and pc fanboys it is horrible and I get the _______.
what is in the blank I do not want to talk about it is to horrible to mention

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

ricklongo

ErnisDy wrote:

Use https://disqus.com/ for comments. Current system is just terrible for anything beyond 20 comments.

I know it's been over a month since this was posted, but let me add my voice to the "hell no" camp. Disqus is awful, resource-heavy, and much, much worse than the current model if you're trying to find specific posts that are even a couple of days old.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Yeah, also, I don't see what it would add? It'd mean having a separate system for comments and forums, which is unnecessarily divides the community more than it already does, and while it's convenient for those who go to multiple sites...it also kinda invites more "riff raff" in the sense that because there's less work involved, we might just end up with more impulse, unfiltered thoughts in the comment section. I don't think we need more of that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

unrandomsam

When it comes to spam posts don't lock them delete them (Otherwise they are still read and the spammers get what they want).

When it comes to games that are on both 3DS and Wii U discuss between the reviewers so that the one they collectively think is the best gets the highest score (Or if both are genuinely as good then give the same scores). Trying to think how to make looking back at older content more useful.

(Or don't).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Tasuki

unrandomsam wrote:

When it comes to spam posts don't lock them delete them (Otherwise they are still read and the spammers get what they want).

While not necessary delete the whole Spam post I liked what @TingLz has done in the past, just deleted the spam link and message and locked the thread. That way they can see that its not allowed here.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Blast

How about more contests? Don't forget the North American fanbase for this site!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tasuki

Blast wrote:

How about more contests? Don't forget the North American fanbase for this site!!!

The are only able to give out prizes to where the people who supply the prizes tell them too. I think the biggest reason they don't do to many NA contests is that no one wants to pay the shipping costs from UK to NA which is why most contests are UK only. Also if you think about it if they are giving out a game for example NoE would probably have an easier time providing Pal territory games and due to Nintendo and region locking. And I think there is also a law on how much weight something can be shipped internationally.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MegaMari0

with 45 pages in this particular thread I bet someone said it. Just wanna be sure that "Back to the top" link would be added when viewing an overly long page(due to walls of text,quotes, or large Jpegs/gifs) was mentioned. That way I can seemlessly click onto the home button or browse the channels/news etc without having to scoll all the way to the top. I'm not complaining but I thought it would be convenient.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

LzWinky

Home button works fine for me

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Inkling

More formatting options for posts. I'd love to be able to colour my text, etc

Also, a developer's lounge. Recently, I've noticed a lot of developers signing up here. Why not give them a forum, and let aspiring game developers learn from them?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Starz

munchakoopas wrote:

with 45 pages in this particular thread I bet someone said it. Just wanna be sure that "Back to the top" link would be added when viewing an overly long page(due to walls of text,quotes, or large Jpegs/gifs) was mentioned. That way I can seemlessly click onto the home button or browse the channels/news etc without having to scoll all the way to the top. I'm not complaining but I thought it would be convenient.

I would also like this plus a first unread button so you can jump straight to the first unread post instead of scrolling all the way to where you last read.

Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ToadLucy

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0577-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: ToadLucy

Jaz007

Starz wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

I would also like this plus a first unread button so you can jump straight to the first unread post instead of scrolling all the way to where you last read.

This is the default if you click on the title already.

Jaz007

gcunit

Is it just my phone, or do the forums display with an annoying inconsistency in font size when browsing via mobile phone? Plus the posts don't necessarily autofit the view dependent on zoom.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

CanisWolfred

As neat as having the Edit/Delete/Report buttons show up when you highlight, I think it might be a good idea to not make that the default...it seems like new users aren't realizing the Edit button exists, at least more commonly than they used to. I mean for both the comments and the forum.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Socar

Ok It should have been fixed by now but it still isn't.

The forum section has a choice but no matter which one I click on, instead of taking me straight into the topic, it just goes to the forum section. I know its rather picky but if such a thing is there and if it doesn't do it, please fix it.

Also this is an idea that I'd like Nintendo life to do. Why not draw some comical reactions for something in the reaction or talking points because reading long articles all the time can be quite boring. Just me.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic