Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 821 to 840 of 2,597

mystman12

SuperMalleo wrote:

A thread search bar.

Scroll to the top of the website. Find the white search bar. Type in what you want to search. (Example, "Animal Crossing pop culture refs") Some NL stickers will probably come up, but once you scroll past those you will start getting results from the forums.

That said, a search bar specifically for the forums would be nice.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Obito_Sigma

Contests outside of UK. I'm tired of seeing a million of contests and getting excited for them only to find out that you can't be American to enter...

Friend Code: SW-6500-0179-5813

Super Smash Bros Mains:
Kirby, King Dedede, Mega Man

3DS Friend Code: 2852-9754-3135 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

Contests outside of UK. I'm tired of seeing a million of contests and getting excited for them only to find out that you can't be American to enter...

The contests aren't up to NL its whoever gives them the prizes that comes up with the rules and what regions can enter.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WiiWareWave

Just a suggestion, but I'd like to see some new emotes for new emotions like facepalming and whatnot!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

AlexSays

Now that everyone else has died off (metaphorically I think) when do I get my oldest member badge

I'm thinking it could be two-toned like a very elegant promise ring.. some sort of mixture between white and yellow gold. I'm open to suggestions though

Eh never mind someone else is still around. Have to wait for more to die off (metaphorically I think)..

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

RedDevilAde

I know this'll create a lot of work, but how about moderator approval on posts for users with less than, say, 5 approved posts under their belt before they'll appear on the boards. That way bot generated content would never get on the board as users would be banned before their posts could appear.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Tasuki

Nintenzo wrote:

Why the hell isn't there an option to search a topic?

Um there is. The search bar is at the top of the page between the Nintendolife logo and your profile pic.

My Backlog

mystman12

Tasuki wrote:

Nintenzo wrote:

Um there is. The search bar is at the top of the page between the Nintendolife logo and your profile pic.

This actually made me think of something that would drastically improve the search feature. When you're searching for something in the forums, you first need to trudge through a bunch of articles before you start seeing threads, so why not add a filter? It would great if we could search, and then click a button that will make it only check the forums, rather than the entire website.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Vincent294

Turnip-Forest wrote:

mystman12 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Nintenzo wrote:

This actually made me think of something that would drastically improve the search feature. When you're searching for something in the forums, you first need to trudge through a bunch of articles before you start seeing threads, so why not add a filter? It would great if we could search, and then click a button that will make it only check the forums, rather than the entire website.

This would help quite a bit. On a forum I used to visit there was even an option to search posts, which I found to be extremely helpful. It would be nice if there was a user search filter as well.

Yeah, you can add forum at the end of your search to find threads, but really, why not have an actual filter? Hopefully this gets implemented.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Pootypie

Honestly I would like it if there was a multi-quote button. Gets kind of annoying to having open up a new tab and then cut and paste quote from there to post you are working on.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Justlink

A upvote for a post button

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

CrazyOtto

I don't know if I posted this already or not but I'd like to have the option to look back at the topics I posted like I can with my replies to topics.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

CanisWolfred

ErnisDy wrote:

Use https://disqus.com/ for comments. Current system is just terrible for anything beyond 20 comments.

Please no. They're actually kinda system heavy. I had to block it on other sites because it would take up too many resources. Unless that's changed, I don't see that working well. Besides, what's wrong with the current system? I haven't noticed any issues, and the @'s are a nice touch.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yoshi

It's been like that for almost a year now. The page was shifted from the center to the left to make room for ads on the right.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

BearHunger

I miss the “Status: Banned” line on banned users' profiles. I found that helpful.

I do notice, however, that profiles now have links to users' mentions, comments, and posts. I know those pages were accessible before, but those links are pretty convenient.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

TOUGHDUDE94

CrazyOtto wrote:

I don't know if I posted this already or not but I'd like to have the option to look back at the topics I posted like I can with my replies to topics.

I like that idea also add up vote and down vote onto the post and comments also for forums so we can tell who likes and who dose not
I also like getting notifications via. email also

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Tasuki

andrew20 wrote:

CrazyOtto wrote:

I like that idea also add up vote and down vote onto the post and comments also for forums so we can tell who likes and who dose not
I also like getting notifications via. email also

Upvote is ok but a downvote is unnecessary its just another way to bully people online.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic