Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 781 to 800 of 805

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

781. Posted:

MayoRice wrote:

This site seems to be pretty basic. =/ There doesn't seem to be any friend list on the website, or any way to PM people, or visitor messages, or anything that I've seen on other much less active Nintendo websites. :(

I could've sworn we had some kind of VM system, weird. Anyway yes, I agree. This forum is very minimalist when it comes to basic forum features, and I think we could definitely use some of those things. The other thing I want to see is the ability to type reasons in reports. I mean, what happens if the staff doesn't understand why you reported it? You should be able to communicate some type of reasoning for why you think a particular post is rule breaking.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

782. Posted:

sighs The spoiler sound effect is STILL here? Seriously? It was great and all back then to celebrate Between World's release, but...now it's just flat-out annoying. Plenty of people here have been saying to get rid of it, and it's STILL here. :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

783. Posted:

You should make it so you can see a list of all of the topics you started. My "Forum Posts" list only shows the replies I made and not the threads I started as well.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

784. Posted:

They should fix that glitch with the avatar GIFs. Everytime i upload one, it comes out stretched and it looks horrible.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

785. Posted:

MayoRice wrote:

This site seems to be pretty basic. =/ There doesn't seem to be any friend list on the website, or any way to PM people, or visitor messages, or anything that I've seen on other much less active Nintendo websites. :(

Hey @MayoRice~
;)

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

MayoRice

786. Posted:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Hey @MayoRice~
;)

Hai there. :)

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

3DS Friend Code: 1521-4850-2814 | Nintendo Network ID: 1MayoRice1 | Twitter: 0_Johnny_Boy_0

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

787. Posted:

CrazyOtto wrote:

You should make it so you can see a list of all of the topics you started. My "Forum Posts" list only shows the replies I made and not the threads I started as well.

I found that strange too.

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

788. Posted:

We need a system that prevents duplicate topics from being posted within a short time frame, if possible. I've seen it on other forums, actually. There might be some system that can tell when the same info is being posted from the same person within, say, 30 seconds? Just a thought. Might help with certain spambots, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

2Sang

789. Posted:

I got an idea: free game giveaways every day, but there's a catch. You have to have a username starting with a 2 and can't have less than 4 characters or more than 4 characters in your username.

I like this idea...

Please undastanding since 2012.
Shadow4SSB4 is the greatest person in the history of the internet. May god have mercy on his poor soul and also tell sakurai to add shadow, silver, and big the cat to smash.

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

justlink

790. Posted:

A yeah or like button

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

791. Posted:

justlink wrote:

A yeah or like button

What is this Facebook :p

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Turnip-Forest

792. Posted:

2Sang wrote:

I got an idea: free game giveaways every day, but there's a catch. You have to have a username starting with a 2 and can't have less than 4 characters or more than 4 characters in your username.

I like this idea...

My favorite part of this idea is how the person who suggested it isn't even eligible to win the free game.

Edited on by Turnip-Forest

Here's a link to my Miiverse profile. #Miiverse #profile
Hashtags are really #cool. I love when people overuse them. #love #luv #fall #pumpkins #punkins #gourds #jackolanterns #jack #o #lanterns #leaves
Oh, In case you want to check out some of my artwork, my DeviantArt profile is right here.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4621-2718 | Nintendo Network ID: TurnipTerritory

AuthorMessage

2Sang

793. Posted:

Turnip-Forest wrote:

2Sang wrote:

I like this idea...

My favorite part of this idea is how the person who suggested it isn't even eligible to win the free game.

Oh yeah new rule: US only competition.

Please undastanding since 2012.
Shadow4SSB4 is the greatest person in the history of the internet. May god have mercy on his poor soul and also tell sakurai to add shadow, silver, and big the cat to smash.

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

Artwark

794. Posted:

1. Make Emotion icons easier to do and put more of them.

2.Have something like what threads you've made and which are the ones you've replied.

3.Make a catalog that shows us the news that we like to hear more rather than the ones that we may or may not like( If its harsh, I apologize in advance).

4.Make it like even users can rate the latest games that are reviewed here so if the reviews opinions aren't that much, atleast others can do it justice.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

795. Posted:

@Artwark">@Artwark wrote:

2.Have something like what threads you've made and which are the ones you've replied.

You know that you can Watch topics and get an email each time someone answers there, right?

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

Artwark

796. Posted:

@eviLaTtenDant

Thanks for the info! :)

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

Franklin

797. Posted:

There should be an icon at the top of the home page for the chat room.

Be able to search for threads, and have forum comments included in the 'Comments' section of 'My Account'.

Also, 'likes' or 'recommends' should finally be introduced, to de-clutter the forum pages of posts that simply state agreement with a previous post.

Edited on by Franklin

Franklin

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

798. Posted:

Franklin wrote:

Also, 'likes' or 'recommends' should finally be introduced, to de-clutter the forum pages of posts that simply state agreement with a previous post.

Technically those are already against the rules anyways - you're supposed to say more than just "I agree with this". Meanwhile a like button might convince people to not want to comment or sign up to comment, so I don't see how it would actually benefit the site...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Franklin

799. Posted:

@CanisWolfred I can see the concern of going like other sites with 'likes' and so on.

Regarding those kind of comments, the rules don't seem to be well enforced.

Franklin

AuthorMessage

Scanning

800. Posted:

Yeah I don't think adding a "Like" feature is going to add much to this site. I'm not a big fan of that feature in general, but especially for this site, which seems to be a news site first and forum second.

On another note,

Nintendolife staff, hear our cries! Could you please remove the Spoiler sound effect? Please? In doing so you would remove an obstructive design choice and any potential future annoyances/unpleasant surprises/scares for users who click on spoilers, which would be an incredibly positive move!

Bye Bye.