Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,579

rolLTheDice

Just a short thought here.
Would it be possible to enable a sort forum topics alphabetically as an additional option?
This could at least help with finding out if there's already a threat about a certain game before you create an additional one.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Geonjaha

Scanning wrote:

I'll cast a third vote in getting rid of the Spoiler jingle.

Yes please. I'm on board with this.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

unrandomsam

Tapatalk support. Best way of dealing with forums. (Sadly people don't want to use usenet which is even better).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

derek_combatir

some sort of notification when someone quotes you... or tags you, since they are direct responses, but a notification that shows in the main page, together with a search tab to locate forum topics would be awesome

derek_combatir

Inkling

SuperMalleo wrote:

NL really needs a thread search bar. Going through threads is a chore and it'll be much easier if i just type the name and find it.

This.

Also the live chat feature as the main comment section, not just for Directs

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Geonjaha

Miss_Pixelheart wrote:

Here's what I think:

Spoiler Jingle - no
Like feature - NO!
Thread search bar - Yes please
Pm - uhm... maybe

I agree with all except the PM system. Having it wouldn't affect you if you don't use it, unlike the other stuff - so its a Yes for me.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Maelstrom

Miss_Pixelheart wrote:

Here's what I think:

Spoiler Jingle - no
Like feature - NO!
Thread search bar - Yes please
Pm - uhm... maybe

Yes.
And collapsible spoilers. So you can fit 5 pictures/videos on a post without taking up half the screen.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

TeeJay

PM system.

PM SYSTEM.

PM SYSTEM.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Punished_Boss_84

SuperMalleo wrote:

NL really needs a thread search bar. Going through threads is a chore and it'll be much easier if i just type the name and find it.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

JunkosBoobies

I agree with removing the spoiler jingle and adding a PM system.

Like, the spoiler jingle is annoying, especially when I'm listening to a song or have company over. :/ As for the PM system thing, it's a lot safer than having to use email for contacting.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Geonjaha

Eh, I'm pretty sure people have been asking for a PM system for years now. Either its in a very slow development or its just not going to happen.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

theblackdragon

hey guys, Ant has said repeatedly in the past that there will be no PM system, though more public alternatives have been discussed and/or were said to be in the works for years now. in the meantime, most of us with Backloggeries have used that to get in touch with each other on a personal level if sharing social media information or e-mail addresses wasn't an option.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Geonjaha

Maelstrom wrote:

It's pretty hard to monitor PM's in addition to forum posts. I doubt the mods need more to do.

Um...you don't monitor a PM system. That's why it's called Private or Personal messaging; no one else sees it so you don't need to check it for profanity or anything else. If someone sends you something you don't like a block or ignore system is usually there for that reason.

Geonjaha

CanisWolfred

Unfortunately, the staff has been very adamant about there being no way to block or ignore users...doesn't matter that it would solve soooo many problems, especially with the way they're expanding...nope...

Any chance we could have a way to report user profiles? I've noticed a few offensive ones. It'd also be great if someone finds an obvious adbot bot.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

We can handle adbots. Just report a spam message and we'll take care of it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MayoRice

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unfortunately, the staff has been very adamant about there being no way to block or ignore users...doesn't matter that it would solve soooo many problems, especially with the way they're expanding...nope...

Any chance we could have a way to report user profiles? I've noticed a few offensive ones. It'd also be great if someone finds an obvious adbot bot.

That doesn't seem right to me. It seems like every forum I've ever used has an option to block/ignore users.

Edited on by MayoRice

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

3DS Friend Code: 1521-4850-2814 | Nintendo Network ID: 1MayoRice1 | Twitter:

KryptoniteKrunch

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unfortunately, the staff has been very adamant about there being no way to block or ignore users...doesn't matter that it would solve soooo many problems, especially with the way they're expanding...nope....

That's a shame. I'd definitely be on board for a block/ignore feature.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Tasuki

KryptoKrunch wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unfortunately, the staff has been very adamant about there being no way to block or ignore users...doesn't matter that it would solve soooo many problems, especially with the way they're expanding...nope....

That's a shame. I'd definitely be on board for a block/ignore feature.

The problem with that is it would create more problems for the mod team. The would be getting emails and post created by people asking why did so and so block me or that's not fair that they blocked me etc. etc. Not only that but if you blocked or ignore users the threads would be a complete mess they would make no sense since people wont be able to see other people's post that they ignored and conversations would just be all messed up.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic