Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 761 to 780 of 2,597

Bolt_Strike

MayoRice wrote:

This site seems to be pretty basic. =/ There doesn't seem to be any friend list on the website, or any way to PM people, or visitor messages, or anything that I've seen on other much less active Nintendo websites.

I could've sworn we had some kind of VM system, weird. Anyway yes, I agree. This forum is very minimalist when it comes to basic forum features, and I think we could definitely use some of those things. The other thing I want to see is the ability to type reasons in reports. I mean, what happens if the staff doesn't understand why you reported it? You should be able to communicate some type of reasoning for why you think a particular post is rule breaking.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Joeynator3000

sighs The spoiler sound effect is STILL here? Seriously? It was great and all back then to celebrate Between World's release, but...now it's just flat-out annoying. Plenty of people here have been saying to get rid of it, and it's STILL here. :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CrazyOtto

You should make it so you can see a list of all of the topics you started. My "Forum Posts" list only shows the replies I made and not the threads I started as well.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Prof_Clayton

MayoRice wrote:

This site seems to be pretty basic. =/ There doesn't seem to be any friend list on the website, or any way to PM people, or visitor messages, or anything that I've seen on other much less active Nintendo websites.

Hey @MayoRice~

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

rolLTheDice

CrazyOtto wrote:

You should make it so you can see a list of all of the topics you started. My "Forum Posts" list only shows the replies I made and not the threads I started as well.

I found that strange too.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

CanisWolfred

We need a system that prevents duplicate topics from being posted within a short time frame, if possible. I've seen it on other forums, actually. There might be some system that can tell when the same info is being posted from the same person within, say, 30 seconds? Just a thought. Might help with certain spambots, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

2Sang

I got an idea: free game giveaways every day, but there's a catch. You have to have a username starting with a 2 and can't have less than 4 characters or more than 4 characters in your username.

I like this idea...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Justlink

A yeah or like button

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

2Sang

Turnip-Forest wrote:

2Sang wrote:

I got an idea: free game giveaways every day, but there's a catch. You have to have a username starting with a 2 and can't have less than 4 characters or more than 4 characters in your username.

I like this idea...

My favorite part of this idea is how the person who suggested it isn't even eligible to win the free game.

Oh yeah new rule: US only competition.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Socar

1. Make Emotion icons easier to do and put more of them.

2.Have something like what threads you've made and which are the ones you've replied.

3.Make a catalog that shows us the news that we like to hear more rather than the ones that we may or may not like( If its harsh, I apologize in advance).

4.Make it like even users can rate the latest games that are reviewed here so if the reviews opinions aren't that much, atleast others can do it justice.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

rolLTheDice

@Artwark" rel="nofollow">@Artwark wrote:

2.Have something like what threads you've made and which are the ones you've replied.

You know that you can Watch topics and get an email each time someone answers there, right?

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Uncle_Franklin

There should be an icon at the top of the home page for the chat room.

Be able to search for threads, and have forum comments included in the 'Comments' section of 'My Account'.

Also, 'likes' or 'recommends' should finally be introduced, to de-clutter the forum pages of posts that simply state agreement with a previous post.

Edited on by Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

CanisWolfred

Franklin wrote:

Also, 'likes' or 'recommends' should finally be introduced, to de-clutter the forum pages of posts that simply state agreement with a previous post.

Technically those are already against the rules anyways - you're supposed to say more than just "I agree with this". Meanwhile a like button might convince people to not want to comment or sign up to comment, so I don't see how it would actually benefit the site...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Uncle_Franklin

@CanisWolfred I can see the concern of going like other sites with 'likes' and so on.

Regarding those kind of comments, the rules don't seem to be well enforced.

Uncle_Franklin

Kolzig

Would it be possible to get a search function to the forums? I have some topics that I would like to open, but first I would like to search if there is already one opened for the same topic.

It just seems weird to have forums and not have a proper search function.

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

MayoRice

I vote for adding a "Like" feature. Someone should do a poll. I don't see how it would deter people from commenting unless their comment is exactly like what someone else already said. Also, just make it so that you have to have an account on the site and be signed in in order to like a comment. I think people who don't like the feature probably don't like it just because they dislike Facebook. Obviously the majority of people enjoy that feature as more and more websites are using it.

Edit:

Kolzig wrote:

Would it be possible to get a search function to the forums? I have some topics that I would like to open, but first I would like to search if there is already one opened for the same topic.

It just seems weird to have forums and not have a proper search function.

^That's a good example of what I was talking about.

Edited on by MayoRice

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

3DS Friend Code: 1521-4850-2814 | Nintendo Network ID: 1MayoRice1 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic