Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 761 to 780 of 953

Jazzer94

I was wondering if you've ever considered implementing a notification system for when someone quotes a users post as I miss responses to my posts sometimes.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

The_Ninja

I hope this isnt too much but...

a better search engine (for the forum), and maybe more customable signatures. (colored text, maybe pictures) Also, the spoiler tag should be something that drops down, because this spoiler tag fills up the whole page. On other forums I usually use the spoiler tag so that the post isn't that big when I have alot of images. The Zelda sound should stay though. Maybe you guys could make the spoiler tag a sort of treasure chest so that it fits with the Zelda sound

Jazzer94 wrote:

I was wondering if you've ever considered implementing a notification system for when someone quotes a users post as I miss responses to my posts sometimes.

Untitled
I would love something similar to Utube

Edited on by The_Ninja

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

Jaz007

A report button on someone's profile would be a good idea. It would help make a report more pointed at an avatar.

Jaz007

Dweeb

It may be charming to some, but the Zelda sound after clicking on a spoiler should go, in my opinion. Many of us have sound on, or music playing in the background, or maybe have some other people in the room sans headphones/earphones, and hearing that sound after clicking on that on an Internet forum is just sudden and out of place. Sure, I could just mute my computer, but save for embedded media, nobody expects to hear that on an Internet forum. I just don't think it's a necessary thing, or a wise design choice.

Edited on by Dweeb

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm Currently Playing: Persona 3 FES, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

Tasuki

Jaz007 wrote:

A report button on someone's profile would be a good idea. It would help make a report more pointed at an avatar.

That would be nice. Also maybe have a reason box pop up so that we can type a short reason as to why we are reporting a post like Pushsquare and PureXbox does when you report a post.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Lzeon

Tasuki wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

A report button on someone's profile would be a good idea. It would help make a report more pointed at an avatar.

That would be nice. Also maybe have a reason box pop up so that we can type a short reason as to why we are reporting a post like Pushsquare and PureXbox does when you report a post.

I second this

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S for SOOOOOOO GOOD
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

How about a search function specifically for forums? Like just go to the Wii U forums for example and have a search option next to the "New Topic | Watch Forum | Mark all as Read".

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Hyrule Warriors Legends

Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

foodmetaphors

Scanning wrote:

It may be charming to some, but the Zelda sound after clicking on a spoiler should go, in my opinion. Many of us have sound on, or music playing in the background, or maybe have some other people in the room sans headphones/earphones, and hearing that sound after clicking on that on an Internet forum is just sudden and out of place. Sure, I could just mute my computer, but save for embedded media, nobody expects to hear that on an Internet forum. I just don't think it's a necessary thing, or a wise design choice.

Second.

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

mamp

technotaylor98 wrote:

foodmetaphors wrote:

Scanning wrote:

It may be charming to some, but the Zelda sound after clicking on a spoiler should go, in my opinion. Many of us have sound on, or music playing in the background, or maybe have some other people in the room sans headphones/earphones, and hearing that sound after clicking on that on an Internet forum is just sudden and out of place. Sure, I could just mute my computer, but save for embedded media, nobody expects to hear that on an Internet forum. I just don't think it's a necessary thing, or a wise design choice.

Second.

Agreed.

I didn't know it made a noise the first time around and it hurt my ears (it's pretty loud), so I wish for it to be gone.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

Yoshi

Scanning wrote:

It may be charming to some, but the Zelda sound after clicking on a spoiler should go, in my opinion. Many of us have sound on, or music playing in the background, or maybe have some other people in the room sans headphones/earphones, and hearing that sound after clicking on that on an Internet forum is just sudden and out of place. Sure, I could just mute my computer, but save for embedded media, nobody expects to hear that on an Internet forum. I just don't think it's a necessary thing, or a wise design choice.

At least make it optional? If that's not possible, then it should go.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Super Mario Maker (Wii U) | Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) | The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS)
Try this Super Mario Maker course: DCAB-0000-004E-34EA

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Oragami

Scanning wrote:

More striving to censor things appropriately on the mods' part, as I have personally experienced and seen several instances of unwarrented censorship and moderator post editing here and on other boards. Just gotta say that stating things how they are in an intentionally respectful, non-offensive, informative manner does not deserve censorship.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Shirma_Akayaku

mamp wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

foodmetaphors wrote:

Scanning wrote:

It may be charming to some, but the Zelda sound after clicking on a spoiler should go, in my opinion. Many of us have sound on, or music playing in the background, or maybe have some other people in the room sans headphones/earphones, and hearing that sound after clicking on that on an Internet forum is just sudden and out of place. Sure, I could just mute my computer, but save for embedded media, nobody expects to hear that on an Internet forum. I just don't think it's a necessary thing, or a wise design choice.

Second.

Agreed.

I didn't know it made a noise the first time around and it hurt my ears (it's pretty loud), so I wish for it to be gone.

That Zelda sound effect needs to go. It's very loud and annoying.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Hyrule Warriors Legends

Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

ZurrrrBlattTron

Rosalina wrote:

mamp wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

foodmetaphors wrote:

Scanning wrote:

It may be charming to some, but the Zelda sound after clicking on a spoiler should go, in my opinion. Many of us have sound on, or music playing in the background, or maybe have some other people in the room sans headphones/earphones, and hearing that sound after clicking on that on an Internet forum is just sudden and out of place. Sure, I could just mute my computer, but save for embedded media, nobody expects to hear that on an Internet forum. I just don't think it's a necessary thing, or a wise design choice.

Second.

Agreed.

I didn't know it made a noise the first time around and it hurt my ears (it's pretty loud), so I wish for it to be gone.

That Zelda sound effect needs to go. It's very loud and annoying.

It actually scared me the first time I heard it, had my headphones on max and just clicked the spoilers out of curiosity and I didn't wanna hear anything ever again

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

alLabouTandroiD

Jazzer94 wrote:

I was wondering if you've ever considered implementing a notification system for when someone quotes a users post as I miss responses to my posts sometimes.

Yeah, i'd love getting an e-mail each time i'm quoted.
I mean while people could still add @userxy to their posts after quoting i don't think many of 'em ever will.

no apple

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

MayoRice

Chatroom, and notifications on the website and not just via email would be much appreciated.

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

Nintendo Network ID: 1MayoRice1 | Twitter:

MayoRice

This site seems to be pretty basic. =/ There doesn't seem to be any friend list on the website, or any way to PM people, or visitor messages, or anything that I've seen on other much less active Nintendo websites.

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

Nintendo Network ID: 1MayoRice1 | Twitter:

OCTAGON

MayoRice wrote:

This site seems to be pretty basic. =/ There doesn't seem to be any friend list on the website, or any way to PM people, or visitor messages, or anything that I've seen on other much less active Nintendo websites.

Hello MayoRice!

An octagon has 8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles.
Backlog
Smash 4 Batlle Card
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. May you be remembered by your involvement on some of the greatest Nintendo games of all time. :(
Potatoes.
Super Mario Maker courses

Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

MayoRice wrote:

This site seems to be pretty basic. =/ There doesn't seem to be any friend list on the website, or any way to PM people, or visitor messages, or anything that I've seen on other much less active Nintendo websites.

I could've sworn we had some kind of VM system, weird. Anyway yes, I agree. This forum is very minimalist when it comes to basic forum features, and I think we could definitely use some of those things. The other thing I want to see is the ability to type reasons in reports. I mean, what happens if the staff doesn't understand why you reported it? You should be able to communicate some type of reasoning for why you think a particular post is rule breaking.

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic