Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,597

CanisWolfred

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Just to let you know, at least for me, the dropdown menus at the top of the page are now behind the ad banner. Didn't want to make a new topic for it but thought it should probably be mentioned.

That'd probably be better saved for the contact area at the the bottom of the page if you don't want to make a new thread.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

foodmetaphors

I feel like there should be a forum titled "Rumors, Speculation and Desired Games" where people would be free to discuss the future of Nintendo both in what they want to see in their future consoles, handhelds and peripherals as well as anything else into which Nintendo could branch. People could also discuss games they want to see on Nintendo's existing platforms that haven't been announced yet (I suspect the Announcements forum and main page are better for discussing games that have been announced).

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

Inkling

foodmetaphors wrote:

I feel like there should be a forum titled "Rumors, Speculation and Desired Games" where people would be free to discuss the future of Nintendo both in what they want to see in their future consoles, handhelds and peripherals as well as anything else into which Nintendo could branch. People could also discuss games they want to see on Nintendo's existing platforms that haven't been announced yet (I suspect the Announcements forum and main page are better for discussing games that have been announced).

I agree with this and @Scanning's idea

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jazzer94

I was wondering if you've ever considered implementing a notification system for when someone quotes a users post as I miss responses to my posts sometimes.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

The_Ninja

I hope this isnt too much but...

a better search engine (for the forum), and maybe more customable signatures. (colored text, maybe pictures) Also, the spoiler tag should be something that drops down, because this spoiler tag fills up the whole page. On other forums I usually use the spoiler tag so that the post isn't that big when I have alot of images. The Zelda sound should stay though. Maybe you guys could make the spoiler tag a sort of treasure chest so that it fits with the Zelda sound

Jazzer94 wrote:

I was wondering if you've ever considered implementing a notification system for when someone quotes a users post as I miss responses to my posts sometimes.

Untitled
I would love something similar to Utube

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Jaz007

A report button on someone's profile would be a good idea. It would help make a report more pointed at an avatar.

Jaz007

Tasuki

Jaz007 wrote:

A report button on someone's profile would be a good idea. It would help make a report more pointed at an avatar.

That would be nice. Also maybe have a reason box pop up so that we can type a short reason as to why we are reporting a post like Pushsquare and PureXbox does when you report a post.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

That would be nice. Also maybe have a reason box pop up so that we can type a short reason as to why we are reporting a post like Pushsquare and PureXbox does when you report a post.

I second this

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

How about a search function specifically for forums? Like just go to the Wii U forums for example and have a search option next to the "New Topic | Watch Forum | Mark all as Read".

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

foodmetaphors

Scanning wrote:

It may be charming to some, but the Zelda sound after clicking on a spoiler should go, in my opinion. Many of us have sound on, or music playing in the background, or maybe have some other people in the room sans headphones/earphones, and hearing that sound after clicking on that on an Internet forum is just sudden and out of place. Sure, I could just mute my computer, but save for embedded media, nobody expects to hear that on an Internet forum. I just don't think it's a necessary thing, or a wise design choice.

Second.

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

mamp

technotaylor98 wrote:

foodmetaphors wrote:

Scanning wrote:

It may be charming to some, but the Zelda sound after clicking on a spoiler should go, in my opinion. Many of us have sound on, or music playing in the background, or maybe have some other people in the room sans headphones/earphones, and hearing that sound after clicking on that on an Internet forum is just sudden and out of place. Sure, I could just mute my computer, but save for embedded media, nobody expects to hear that on an Internet forum. I just don't think it's a necessary thing, or a wise design choice.

Second.

Agreed.

I didn't know it made a noise the first time around and it hurt my ears (it's pretty loud), so I wish for it to be gone.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Yoshi

Scanning wrote:

At least make it optional? If that's not possible, then it should go.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Oragami

Scanning wrote:

More striving to censor things appropriately on the mods' part, as I have personally experienced and seen several instances of unwarrented censorship and moderator post editing here and on other boards. Just gotta say that stating things how they are in an intentionally respectful, non-offensive, informative manner does not deserve censorship.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Shirma_Akayaku

mamp wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

foodmetaphors wrote:

Scanning wrote:

Second.

Agreed.

I didn't know it made a noise the first time around and it hurt my ears (it's pretty loud), so I wish for it to be gone.

That Zelda sound effect needs to go. It's very loud and annoying.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

ZurrrrBlattTron

Rosalina wrote:

mamp wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

foodmetaphors wrote:

Scanning wrote:

Second.

Agreed.

That Zelda sound effect needs to go. It's very loud and annoying.

It actually scared me the first time I heard it, had my headphones on max and just clicked the spoilers out of curiosity and I didn't wanna hear anything ever again

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

rolLTheDice

Jazzer94 wrote:

Yeah, i'd love getting an e-mail each time i'm quoted.
I mean while people could still add @userxy to their posts after quoting i don't think many of 'em ever will.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

MayoRice

Chatroom, and notifications on the website and not just via email would be much appreciated.

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

3DS Friend Code: 1521-4850-2814 | Nintendo Network ID: 1MayoRice1 | Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

The ads on this site have been autoplaying recently, so I'll open this tab, be on another tab, and some vide ad will stop playing. Is there some way you could block such ads like this from NL?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

MayoRice

This site seems to be pretty basic. =/ There doesn't seem to be any friend list on the website, or any way to PM people, or visitor messages, or anything that I've seen on other much less active Nintendo websites.

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

3DS Friend Code: 1521-4850-2814 | Nintendo Network ID: 1MayoRice1 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic