Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 741 to 760 of 793

AuthorMessage

BiboJim

741. Posted:

I wasn't advertising when I posted info about e-rewards, just sharing a way to earn gift cards from GameStop. I have nothing to do with either company!
You guys lock many threads at the drop of a hat!

Edited on by BiboJim

BiboJim

Twitter: bibojim

AuthorMessage

Splatom

742. Posted:

I thought maybe the live comments section from Directs could become a standard for the site!

Wiishlist: Splatoon, Mario Maker, Zelda U, Star Fox U, Smash Bros, Captain Toad, Advanced Warfare (X360)

Rocking the Wii U, Xbox 360 and 3DS XL, can't wait for the New 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatDude

AuthorMessage

Andyv01

743. Posted:

Re-reviewing updated games? Although I havn't yet had the (?) pleasure of Jet Rocket on 3DS, I hear it's been improved significantly. Also interesting will be how much of an effort Circle make with their "frame rate" update on Swords & S... quite tragic that they made such a mess of it but... an interface revamp, controls readjustment and a smooth framerate would surely warrant a new review score. What do you think?

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

744. Posted:

This website needs a page that lists unviewed posts only on topics that you commented on. There should also be an unsubscribe button to remove a thread from that list.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: The Visitor (BD), Final Battle (Sacred Stones), and An Earnest Desire of Grey.
In progress: Songs from Umineko

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

745. Posted:

I think a simple like system for articles would be immensely helpful. You wouldn't even have to save the number of likes, just set it so the most likes on a post, that post is the first one you see. It would be good for those stories with like 500 comments.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

Scanning

746. Posted:

Are you guys thinking about adding a user reviews section yet? Or is it that a definite no?

Bye Bye.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

747. Posted:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

I think a simple like system for articles would be immensely helpful. You wouldn't even have to save the number of likes, just set it so the most likes on a post, that post is the first one you see. It would be good for those stories with like 500 comments.

I honestly don't see the purpose of "likes" anywhere. If you have a strong enough opinion of something, you should be able to comment on it within reason.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

2Sang

748. Posted:

I think instead of locking threads, you should just delete them because there's no point in keeping them on the front page if they're irrelevant or annoying. Also, in general I think this site is about as good as it gets. I would say the only thing I can think of off the top of my head to improve the site in addition to the previous comment is to cater a little more to the US and Australia, but other than that it's all good. If only nintendo was doing as good a job as NL.

Please undastanding since 2012.
Shadow4SSB4 is the greatest person in the history of the internet. May god have mercy on his poor soul and also tell sakurai to add shadow, silver, and big the cat to smash.

Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

kirby95

749. Posted:

There's a feature I think you guys should do. When you're on forums with lots of pages like this one, it would be good have what page number you're on in the numbers section highlighted in bold so you don't forget what page you're on. It's something I think would be good to do.

Edited on by kirby95

3DS Friend Code: 1375 7224 8981Mario Kart Wii FC: 4726 8194 3170Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 3953 7766 2972Please add me!!!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

AuthorMessage

jakysnakydx

750. Posted:

Sure most of this has been said but reminders keep us moving. I feel NintendLife sticks out from others such as Nintendo Enthusiast and GoNintendo amongst others with its pure advantage in visuals and presentation. I do however feel that the content is extremely light. I trust NintendoLife for reviews as well as many important updates but more original content is needed. Nintendo in general has PLENTY of room for originality. The HD makeovers were nice, polls are great and all in all more interaction would greatly benefit the site as well as the community. MK7 and 8 communities and NintendoLife monitered events and tournaments are fantastic as well. Just a push for more content and greater interactivity.

jakysnakydx

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

751. Posted:

The search engine for this site needs a filter for articles, threads, etc. It has happened many a time where I was looking for a thread, but stopped searching because the search engine isn't the best.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

BieberBlows

752. Posted:

I'm not sure if this is possible but I think you should add an ignore user or block user feature in the forums. I'm tired of having to read posts by trolls.

I may be dumb but I'm not a dweeb, I'm just a sucker with no self esteem.

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

753. Posted:

Enable the normal forum search (Thread / Forum etc).

And allow PM's.

Some way to separate the real content from the clickbait stuff. (The people posting it know as much as anybody what is what). Don't mind paying.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

754. Posted:

Here's a big and useful one: Collapsible spoilers. This could be used to hide large amounts of videos or pictures, without clogging the entire page. It would also be nice to label the spoiler button to describe what was concealed.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: The Visitor (BD), Final Battle (Sacred Stones), and An Earnest Desire of Grey.
In progress: Songs from Umineko

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

755. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

It would also be nice to label the spoiler button to describe what was concealed.

Sounds good. :)

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

Tops

756. Posted:

Just to let you know, at least for me, the dropdown menus at the top of the page are now behind the ad banner. Didn't want to make a new topic for it but thought it should probably be mentioned.

Edited on by Tops

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

757. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Just to let you know, at least for me, the dropdown menus at the top of the page are now behind the ad banner. Didn't want to make a new topic for it but thought it should probably be mentioned.

That'd probably be better saved for the contact area at the the bottom of the page if you don't want to make a new thread.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

foodmetaphors

758. Posted:

I feel like there should be a forum titled "Rumors, Speculation and Desired Games" where people would be free to discuss the future of Nintendo both in what they want to see in their future consoles, handhelds and peripherals as well as anything else into which Nintendo could branch. People could also discuss games they want to see on Nintendo's existing platforms that haven't been announced yet (I suspect the Announcements forum and main page are better for discussing games that have been announced).

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

Twitter: foodmetaphors

AuthorMessage

Scanning

759. Posted:

More striving to censor things appropriately on the mods' part, as I have personally experienced and seen several instances of unwarrented censorship and moderator post editing here and on other boards. Just gotta say that stating things how they are in an intentionally respectful, non-offensive, informative manner does not deserve censorship.

Edited on by Scanning

Bye Bye.

AuthorMessage

Splatom

760. Posted:

foodmetaphors wrote:

I feel like there should be a forum titled "Rumors, Speculation and Desired Games" where people would be free to discuss the future of Nintendo both in what they want to see in their future consoles, handhelds and peripherals as well as anything else into which Nintendo could branch. People could also discuss games they want to see on Nintendo's existing platforms that haven't been announced yet (I suspect the Announcements forum and main page are better for discussing games that have been announced).

I agree with this and @Scanning's idea

Wiishlist: Splatoon, Mario Maker, Zelda U, Star Fox U, Smash Bros, Captain Toad, Advanced Warfare (X360)

Rocking the Wii U, Xbox 360 and 3DS XL, can't wait for the New 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatDude