Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 728 to 747 of 2,579

Inkling

I thought maybe the live comments section from Directs could become a standard for the site!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Andyv01

Re-reviewing updated games? Although I havn't yet had the (?) pleasure of Jet Rocket on 3DS, I hear it's been improved significantly. Also interesting will be how much of an effort Circle make with their "frame rate" update on Swords & S... quite tragic that they made such a mess of it but... an interface revamp, controls readjustment and a smooth framerate would surely warrant a new review score. What do you think?

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Maelstrom

This website needs a page that lists unviewed posts only on topics that you commented on. There should also be an unsubscribe button to remove a thread from that list.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Prof_Clayton

I think a simple like system for articles would be immensely helpful. You wouldn't even have to save the number of likes, just set it so the most likes on a post, that post is the first one you see. It would be good for those stories with like 500 comments.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Prof_Clayton wrote:

I think a simple like system for articles would be immensely helpful. You wouldn't even have to save the number of likes, just set it so the most likes on a post, that post is the first one you see. It would be good for those stories with like 500 comments.

I honestly don't see the purpose of "likes" anywhere. If you have a strong enough opinion of something, you should be able to comment on it within reason.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

I think instead of locking threads, you should just delete them because there's no point in keeping them on the front page if they're irrelevant or annoying. Also, in general I think this site is about as good as it gets. I would say the only thing I can think of off the top of my head to improve the site in addition to the previous comment is to cater a little more to the US and Australia, but other than that it's all good. If only nintendo was doing as good a job as NL.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Matty2310

There's a feature I think you guys should do. When you're on forums with lots of pages like this one, it would be good have what page number you're on in the numbers section highlighted in bold so you don't forget what page you're on. It's something I think would be good to do.

Edited on by Matty2310

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

jakysnakydx

Sure most of this has been said but reminders keep us moving. I feel NintendLife sticks out from others such as Nintendo Enthusiast and GoNintendo amongst others with its pure advantage in visuals and presentation. I do however feel that the content is extremely light. I trust NintendoLife for reviews as well as many important updates but more original content is needed. Nintendo in general has PLENTY of room for originality. The HD makeovers were nice, polls are great and all in all more interaction would greatly benefit the site as well as the community. MK7 and 8 communities and NintendoLife monitered events and tournaments are fantastic as well. Just a push for more content and greater interactivity.

jakysnakydx

HappyHappyist

The search engine for this site needs a filter for articles, threads, etc. It has happened many a time where I was looking for a thread, but stopped searching because the search engine isn't the best.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Offspring

I'm not sure if this is possible but I think you should add an ignore user or block user feature in the forums. I'm tired of having to read posts by trolls.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

unrandomsam

Enable the normal forum search (Thread / Forum etc).

And allow PM's.

Some way to separate the real content from the clickbait stuff. (The people posting it know as much as anybody what is what). Don't mind paying.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Maelstrom

Here's a big and useful one: Collapsible spoilers. This could be used to hide large amounts of videos or pictures, without clogging the entire page. It would also be nice to label the spoiler button to describe what was concealed.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

rolLTheDice

Maelstrom wrote:

It would also be nice to label the spoiler button to describe what was concealed.

Sounds good.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

CanisWolfred

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Just to let you know, at least for me, the dropdown menus at the top of the page are now behind the ad banner. Didn't want to make a new topic for it but thought it should probably be mentioned.

That'd probably be better saved for the contact area at the the bottom of the page if you don't want to make a new thread.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

foodmetaphors

I feel like there should be a forum titled "Rumors, Speculation and Desired Games" where people would be free to discuss the future of Nintendo both in what they want to see in their future consoles, handhelds and peripherals as well as anything else into which Nintendo could branch. People could also discuss games they want to see on Nintendo's existing platforms that haven't been announced yet (I suspect the Announcements forum and main page are better for discussing games that have been announced).

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

Inkling

foodmetaphors wrote:

I feel like there should be a forum titled "Rumors, Speculation and Desired Games" where people would be free to discuss the future of Nintendo both in what they want to see in their future consoles, handhelds and peripherals as well as anything else into which Nintendo could branch. People could also discuss games they want to see on Nintendo's existing platforms that haven't been announced yet (I suspect the Announcements forum and main page are better for discussing games that have been announced).

I agree with this and @Scanning's idea

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jazzer94

I was wondering if you've ever considered implementing a notification system for when someone quotes a users post as I miss responses to my posts sometimes.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

The_Ninja

I hope this isnt too much but...

a better search engine (for the forum), and maybe more customable signatures. (colored text, maybe pictures) Also, the spoiler tag should be something that drops down, because this spoiler tag fills up the whole page. On other forums I usually use the spoiler tag so that the post isn't that big when I have alot of images. The Zelda sound should stay though. Maybe you guys could make the spoiler tag a sort of treasure chest so that it fits with the Zelda sound

Jazzer94 wrote:

I was wondering if you've ever considered implementing a notification system for when someone quotes a users post as I miss responses to my posts sometimes.

Untitled
I would love something similar to Utube

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Jaz007

A report button on someone's profile would be a good idea. It would help make a report more pointed at an avatar.

Jaz007

Tasuki

Jaz007 wrote:

A report button on someone's profile would be a good idea. It would help make a report more pointed at an avatar.

That would be nice. Also maybe have a reason box pop up so that we can type a short reason as to why we are reporting a post like Pushsquare and PureXbox does when you report a post.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic