Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 721 to 740 of 2,597

HappyHappyist

i think every time someone replies to a comment, it should be displayed below the original comment. as it is now, it's really tedious seeing a really long argument/conversation in the comments, and having to fish throughout all of the total comments to see what the two people were talking about. if all replies were put just below the original comment (in slightly smaller text, making it easier to differentiate from a regular comment), it would be SO much easier to read conversations/arguments between two or more users.
just now for example, i was reading a news post, and these two people were arguing. there were so many comments on the article, and the conversation was so long. it took so long to find the original comment (so i could read everything), i just decided to stop. if reading a conversation on here is a chore, i think there's a problem.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

larry_koopa

I'd love to see some video reviews on the site. Not for every single game and not for little eShop titles either, but maybe just for the big titles like A Link Between Worlds and Tropical Freeze.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Shirma_Akayaku

Perhaps being able to click the "views" or "replies" on forums in order to see the most or least of those respectively?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

19Robb92

Could we get a "WiiU Screenshots Thread" & "3DS Screenshots Thread" sticky in each respective forum section?

Would be nice with a place to post screens from Miiverse somewhere without ruining discussion threads with big pictures that have to load.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Drawdler

@HappyHappyist I agree "comment threads" would be nice, though just a tip, you can kinda get around it. CTRL+F and search the username of the person who was being replied to and you can usually find their comment on the page. That's what I've been doing.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Glaceon

having the notifications popping up on the website would be awesome...

Glaceon

Switch Friend Code: SW-3693-7598-0200 | 3DS Friend Code: 1864-9726-9600 | Twitter:

BiboJim

I wasn't advertising when I posted info about e-rewards, just sharing a way to earn gift cards from GameStop. I have nothing to do with either company!
You guys lock many threads at the drop of a hat!

Edited on by BiboJim

BiboJim

Twitter:

Inkling

I thought maybe the live comments section from Directs could become a standard for the site!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Andyv01

Re-reviewing updated games? Although I havn't yet had the (?) pleasure of Jet Rocket on 3DS, I hear it's been improved significantly. Also interesting will be how much of an effort Circle make with their "frame rate" update on Swords & S... quite tragic that they made such a mess of it but... an interface revamp, controls readjustment and a smooth framerate would surely warrant a new review score. What do you think?

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Maelstrom

This website needs a page that lists unviewed posts only on topics that you commented on. There should also be an unsubscribe button to remove a thread from that list.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Prof_Clayton

I think a simple like system for articles would be immensely helpful. You wouldn't even have to save the number of likes, just set it so the most likes on a post, that post is the first one you see. It would be good for those stories with like 500 comments.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Prof_Clayton wrote:

I think a simple like system for articles would be immensely helpful. You wouldn't even have to save the number of likes, just set it so the most likes on a post, that post is the first one you see. It would be good for those stories with like 500 comments.

I honestly don't see the purpose of "likes" anywhere. If you have a strong enough opinion of something, you should be able to comment on it within reason.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

I think instead of locking threads, you should just delete them because there's no point in keeping them on the front page if they're irrelevant or annoying. Also, in general I think this site is about as good as it gets. I would say the only thing I can think of off the top of my head to improve the site in addition to the previous comment is to cater a little more to the US and Australia, but other than that it's all good. If only nintendo was doing as good a job as NL.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Matty2310

There's a feature I think you guys should do. When you're on forums with lots of pages like this one, it would be good have what page number you're on in the numbers section highlighted in bold so you don't forget what page you're on. It's something I think would be good to do.

Edited on by Matty2310

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

jakysnakydx

Sure most of this has been said but reminders keep us moving. I feel NintendLife sticks out from others such as Nintendo Enthusiast and GoNintendo amongst others with its pure advantage in visuals and presentation. I do however feel that the content is extremely light. I trust NintendoLife for reviews as well as many important updates but more original content is needed. Nintendo in general has PLENTY of room for originality. The HD makeovers were nice, polls are great and all in all more interaction would greatly benefit the site as well as the community. MK7 and 8 communities and NintendoLife monitered events and tournaments are fantastic as well. Just a push for more content and greater interactivity.

jakysnakydx

HappyHappyist

The search engine for this site needs a filter for articles, threads, etc. It has happened many a time where I was looking for a thread, but stopped searching because the search engine isn't the best.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Offspring

I'm not sure if this is possible but I think you should add an ignore user or block user feature in the forums. I'm tired of having to read posts by trolls.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

unrandomsam

Enable the normal forum search (Thread / Forum etc).

And allow PM's.

Some way to separate the real content from the clickbait stuff. (The people posting it know as much as anybody what is what). Don't mind paying.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Maelstrom

Here's a big and useful one: Collapsible spoilers. This could be used to hide large amounts of videos or pictures, without clogging the entire page. It would also be nice to label the spoiler button to describe what was concealed.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

rolLTheDice

Maelstrom wrote:

It would also be nice to label the spoiler button to describe what was concealed.

Sounds good.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic