Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 701 to 720 of 2,597

PeterW77

Ah ok, Thanks for that @GuSilverFlame.

I'm just used to being able to go to a forum and then from there searching for topics/threads solely from within that forum.

Thanks again for your help

PeterW77

FC: 4356 - 0138 - 8036

GuSolarFlare

PeterW77 wrote:

Ah ok, Thanks for that @GuSilverFlame.

I'm just used to being able to go to a forum and then from there searching for topics/threads solely from within that forum.

Thanks again for your help

PeterW77

you're welcome! actually I discovered this when I was about to ask for it here. at the moment I thought "hey, what if I try to search the thread I want in the normal search bar, it won't work but it's worth a try" but it actually worked in the end.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Happy_Mask

@GSF You can also search for users. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

GuSolarFlare

@Wonder_Mask now that's something neat that I didn't try!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CanisWolfred

Red_XIII wrote:

Second opinions on the reviews, or like in Famitsu where the entire team reviews a game... Might be too work-intensive though...

"Second Opinion" things are nice, and I think we had a second opinion article before(? Don't quote me on that), but honestly I think if you want a second, third, even tenth opinion on a game, there's the comment section under the review.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Pixelrobin

May I ask for a 3ds specific version of the site? The mobile version on the 3ds gets too large to be viewed on the 3ds sometimes. Mostly in articles.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Socar

I would like More interviews and rumors for my comment. I think the site is doing fine just explaining Nintendo news exclusively something that most sites don't do much. As for forums, instead of using friend codes, I'd like the idea of getting email id of someone whom I like in the forums because i don't know if codes will work a lot....that's just me though.

But I do want the reviewers to give a fair rating for the games, of course I know for a fact that isn't gonna happen but still.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

New_3DaSh_XL

Artwark wrote:

I would like More interviews and rumors for my comment. I think the site is doing fine just explaining Nintendo news exclusively something that most sites don't do much. As for forums, instead of using friend codes, I'd like the idea of getting email id of someone whom I like in the forums because i don't know if codes will work a lot....that's just me though.

But I do want the reviewers to give a fair rating for the games, of course I know for a fact that isn't gonna happen but still.

NL is doing a ton of interviews, hat are you talking about? A NL is also only posting rumors they hear and are plausible. They aren't going to make up rumors or post rumors that make no sense in the least. Finally, all of NL's reviewers are human. They try to review games as fairly as possible, but one man's opinion is never the same as another's. They're giving as fair a review to games as possible.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

KiDasharus wrote:

Artwark wrote:

NL is doing a ton of interviews, hat are you talking about? A NL is also only posting rumors they hear and are plausible. They aren't going to make up rumors or post rumors that make no sense in the least. Finally, all of NL's reviewers are human. They try to review games as fairly as possible, but one man's opinion is never the same as another's. They're giving as fair a review to games as possible.

The score is in the eye of the beholder, but NL does do a quite good job at remaining unbiased in their reviews.
Also, the idea of recieving any user's e-mail address simply through a function on the forums is a terrible idea. That crosses so many boundaries.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Big_Boy_Chubs

F-Friends List? .....oh god I'm going to get torn to pieces for saying that.....

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

Socar

I do wish that they can atleast improve on the comment editing list. I mean many forums have that but not this one? May I ask why?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Sean_Aaron

How about Tapatalk support? It's a great app for forum posting, though I don't know if NL is too proprietary an engine or if there's a fee attached which might make it a no-go...

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Pixelrobin

I would like to see more community forum involvement with the rest of the site. For example, at the end of an article about an announcement of a game it could say something like:

"Comment what you think about <blahblah> or post your thoughts on the forum."

That would be simple, easy to add and increase community involvement.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

LzWinky

@Artwark: For future reference, rumors and news tips can be submitted via the Contact form below: https://www.nintendolife.com/contact

Make sure you select "News Tips" in the drop down menu

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SubBronze

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

The new mobile version is much worse than the previous one. It's slower and makes the forum a pain to read. Everything is too large.

Completey agree. On my tablet (Nexus 7 2012) the homepage and articles the vertical viewpoint is fine, but horizontally it is zommed out and doesn't take up the entire screen. On the forum pages the horizontal viewpoint is the same as the articles (doesn't take up the entire screen), but when the tablet is vertical it is too zommed in and you can't see the entire post without scrolling to the right. I'd be happy to overlook these things, but now I can't zoom in or out manually on any of the pages on the site like I could before.

Also, there's some major overlap with the forum topic names and the top of the first post.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Pixelrobin

I liked the really old mobile version. Last years. It was quick and looked a lot like the actual site. But since you guys put so much work into the newer mobile version, could you please at least make the text smaller?

shingi_70

Is there any way you guys could make the forum work with Taptalk. The mobile version is fine as is, but I view all my other forums in taptalk and its easier to type posts in the app.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Robottiimu2000

So where's the "Fusion" in-depth analysis/article?

3DS FC: 0232-8354-8994

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic