Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 681 to 700 of 2,571

armoredghor

Is there a way we could walkthroughs for a game. It would probably be a big undertaking for a site without any additional employees but It would be nice to have them on just a few franchises or games. It's not necessary to go through back logs but it would be nice to see some help stuff on this site. Anyway, the site's been great so far-I only check this site and sister site purexbox for my game news.

armoredghor

rolLTheDice

I really like that when somebody writes @beataLliToaD i can get an notification mail.
What would be even more awesome is if i got a mail every time i'm directly quoted on the site. I could live with getting mails for people quoting someone that quoted my quote too if that's what's the problem here.
And i don't know if this is in effect yet, but if for example i wrote @BadBunny somewhere, would @BadKitty still get a notification if she enabled it (as it is a username she once used)?

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Ernest_The_Crab

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but could we get some changes to the Steam ID box? Generally speaking, people's current Steam ID's (the searchable type I assume) can have spaces and other punctuation marks. Many people out there have ID's that most likely wouldn't be searchable through the current Nintendo Life profile's method of listing Steam ID's (that is no spaces and the disappearance of certain punctuation marks). The people listing their Steam ID's are the ones who probably want to be found on Steam in the first place. It's kind of restrictive on what we can use for our corresponding Steam ID's.

Also, we could use a forum specific search bar, one that doesn't have all of the articles and reviews mixed in with the threads and posts. It'd definitely be easier to find things.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

GuSolarFlare

Spoiler tags..... maybe?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

KingDunsparce

beatalLiToaD wrote:

And i don't know if this is in effect yet, but if for example i wrote @BadBunny somewhere, would @BadKitty still get a notification if she enabled it (as it is a username she once used)?

I don't think so, since my old username, @Pikminsi, mentions don't show up on my mentions page.
(and I didn't recieve an email for that mention I just put, it could be that I can't mention myself though )

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

GuSolarFlare

CaptainCharlie wrote:

beatalLiToaD wrote:

I don't think so, since my old username, @Pikminsi, mentions don't show up on my mentions page.
(and I didn't recieve an email for that mention I just put, it could be that I can't mention myself though )

strange.... I still receive emails when someone calls me @GustavoSF I thought it was normal....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Jaz007

Yeah, mentioning yourself doesn't work. I know because when someone quotes someone you mentioned you get an email, I don't get a notification when I quote someone who said @Jaz007. I've been @Jaz007 from the moment I joined this place too.

Jaz007

rolLTheDice

@GuSilverFlame" rel="nofollow">@GuSilverFlame wrote:

@CaptainCharlie" rel="nofollow">@CaptainCharlie wrote:

beatalLiToaD wrote:

And i don't know if this is in effect yet, but if for example i wrote @beatalLiToaD somewhere, would @LordofThewinDs still get a notification if he enabled it (as it is a username i used before)?

strange.... I still receive emails when someone calls me @GustavoSF I thought it was normal....

Really strange, but thanks for sharing.

PS: I'd like to test if putting an @ before the user you quote gives these a notification. If it works it would be great if you let me know, GustavoSF and maybe even you, CaptainCharlie, but i left your old username in the quote so even if it works you might only get the notification for that, not the quote.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

KingDunsparce

Yeah, I got notified.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson

rolLTheDice

@CaptainCharlie" rel="nofollow">@CaptainCharlie wrote:

Yeah, I got notified.

Nice.
Sadly i just now realized that my test was flawed. Had the old usernames of both of you in the quotes so this probably proves nothing.
I'm sorry to bother you again, but does it work now, CaptainCharlie?

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

KingDunsparce

@LordofThewinDs Yeah, that worked too.

Freakazoid

I would like tho see the navigation bar ( Home » Forums » Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback » Ideas for the site) copied on the buttom of the side where pages are counted. Since it would make leaving a thread easier and faster.
Also i noticed something that when a thread got 20 replies u got to go to the next page but in the threadoverview (well i mean where the threads a listed i dont know what to call it) there wont show up the 1,2 for the pages counter. When there are 21 replies it shows up.
I dont know if this is known or if it can be fixed

Edited on by Freakazoid

Sign this petition to bring rts to the wii u

http://www.change.org/petitions/software-developers-bring-the-real-time-strategy-genre-to-the-wii-u

GuSolarFlare

I'd like to have 350 characters limit in the Signatures instead of 300...

my Backloggery

mikeymaster2001

Here's my feedback: I think that you're way better than NintendoWorldReport (my old place to go for Nintendo info). NL has way more coverage, a much better looking layout and design, and you are way way less profane. And to me that is a massive plus. I also think that maybe some more video interviews/walkthroughs/reviews/shows, would be great too.

mikeymaster2001

Captain_Toad

Is there a way for starred threads to easily show up?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Red_XIII

Second opinions on the reviews, or like in Famitsu where the entire team reviews a game... Might be too work-intensive though...

Red_XIII

PeterW77

Any chance of a forum search option?

FC: 4356 - 0138 - 8036

GuSolarFlare

@PeterW77" rel="nofollow">@PeterW77 wrote:

Any chance of a forum search option?

you can use that search bar for everything from games to articles and even forum threads you just can't filter to show only the forums or to not show the forums(found out by chance)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic