Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,597

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

What is with the adds asking me if I want a Roman orgy?

Yeah I have been seeing that too. And unfortunately till it stops I am going to have to use Adblock, which I know that is how NL gets money but I have a few young ones around that dont need to see that stuff.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

New_3DaSh_XL

The new way that the Quote/Edit/Report/Delete buttons are set up(you have to roll over them) makes it hard to quote stuff on Wii U(at least, I couldn't. Maybe I was tapping the wrong place). And since I can't copy/paste the text anymore, It makes quoting annoying.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Jaz007

You should make it so SonyLife.com places you here at Nlife. It would be awesome.

Jaz007

Vincent294

3DS games w/ no cover available show a DS Lite in the background of the blank cover art area. Change it to a 3DS if you want to, so it looks more consistent.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

CanisWolfred

Cheaptrick wrote:

This site looks OK except that it lacks a forum text editor. You have to manually put the bbcode rather than just clicking it via a text editor. It takes a lot of time if you wanna post something that requires for you to add a bbcode.

Sample...
Untitled

We don't need it that complex, even. Just the text stuff (Bold, Underline, Italic, etc.) would be nice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

New_3DaSh_XL

Cheaptrick wrote:

If you're going to intall a text editor it comes complete with the package. The one in the picture above in my previous post is the one I installed on my website. It's not a complex installation.

I think he meant that we dont need a text editor, the most we'd want is something that has Bold, Italics, Underline, and Strikethrough, and that's it.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

3Dash wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

If you're going to intall a text editor it comes complete with the package. The one in the picture above in my previous post is the one I installed on my website. It's not a complex installation.

I think he meant that we dont need a text editor, the most we'd want is something that has Bold, Italics, Underline, and Strikethrough, and that's it.

Exactly.

Also, can we please have something that locks threads after being inactive for so many years? Like 2 or 3? Just a suggestion...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Joeynator3000

I think a year is enough, but yeah I've been noticing a lot of random members bumping up a lot of very old threads. Most recent one being that "Project Cafe" thread in the Wii U forum. (another example being the Yugioh thread in the 3DS forum) Its getting annoying.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Happy_Mask

I think there should be a direct link to the Nintendo Network from the NNID's of users leading to their profiles. This probably is obvious, but whatever.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

MasterWario

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm not going to create a new topic just for this. McAfee doesn't like some of the content on your site (it doesn't say what exactly, although I believe the ads have something to do with it), saying that it "comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites." Not that I don't trust you guys, but just for your reference.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Tasuki

CanisWolfred wrote:

Also, can we please have something that locks threads after being inactive for so many years? Like 2 or 3? Just a suggestion...

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

I think a year is enough, but yeah I've been noticing a lot of random members bumping up a lot of very old threads. Most recent one being that "Project Cafe" thread in the Wii U forum. (another example being the Yugioh thread in the 3DS forum) Its getting annoying.

I agree. I mean whats the sense in bumping a year old thread? Just make a new one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Drawdler

I think that we can go as low as 6 months, honestly. Maybe 3 or 4 months if it's something that was unpopular at the time, but there's some announcement related to it now, can be ok, but I think after the 5 month mark it's a bit ridiculous.
We do need a purge rate, though.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Jaz007

I think that if someone posts a video with foul language (or other vulgar things) they should have to give a warning with saying what the foul substance is and that it should be as if the text had foul language in it if they don't give a warning.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Ganondwarf

Hey I hope someone sees this but idk if yous will I would really like to see ranks implanted and a post count also send friend requests to people and private message and have ranks people work and people who stay on these forums along time work hard with the community make them an admin or moderator of the place they most post just a few ideas thanks would like to see them in the future!

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

HawkeyeWii

A movie review section

And a much needed Forum Thread search bar.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic