Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 501 to 520 of 2,571

Geonjaha

CactusJackson wrote:

Yep users patting each other on the back with returning thumbs ups in random threads while getting revenge on others for thumbing them down would very cool indeed.

yeah! +1

Actually I would like a neutral button too for those times I strongly don't care one way or another, I think we should be able to express that

You're taking this in the most immature way possible. It was a suggestion from a user on this site and further more the purpose of this topic.

What about only a thumbs up option? Are you happy now?

For some reason people don't seem to understand that this idea can only go badly if the community is horribly immature. Many sites have such a system and believe it or not the people who go around giving 'revenge thumbs down' is negligible. Good/decent posts don't get shadowed in such a system unless the majority of the community is irresponsible - and except for a few certain people this site doesn't have that problem in my opinion (the fact that some people thinks it does just shows that more moderation is needed). Worst comes to worst the system gets introduced to try it out and then removed if it goes badly.

Sorry CactusJackson this post was directed at everyone but you.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Intrepid

@TBD I use Internet Explorer, but the problem is that I am not next to a legitimate computer as much as I would like, so I use Safari on my iPhone 95% of the time. For those times where I have a lot to say (large multi-paragraph responses), it would be nice to be able to see more of my message as a whole, instead of backtracking with the slider through the message all of the time. It isn't as bad with my laptop, but on the phone, to slide through the message bar, you have to drag and hold with your finger until it moves where you want, and it is painfully slow. I understand it is a problem with the interface I am using and not the website, but it is still troublesome.

Then again, most of the comments on this website are short enough where this hasn't really been a problem, so I am obviously in the minority.

Chrono_Cross

You suggested an idea, and Reala stated how said idea generally plays out on other sites. I'm not a fan of that sort of thing elither, especially when it grays out or promotes one comment over another.

And he has every right to reply to my suggestion. But being rude about it was uncalled-for.

Geonjaha wrote:

Sorry CactusJackson this post was directed at everyone but you.

Oh jeez, thanks Geonjaha.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Reala

I wasn't going for rude I was going for silly, but since so many what I deem to be obviously silly comments get taken for cereal; I have started to add in small writing below my posts that such posts are not to be taken cereal and apologise said post was not with such a warning.

warning comment may contain sillyness

Reala

AlexSays

Is personal messaging never happening? I've been checking on this for almost four years now.. lol

Oh and what about the idea of having a little checkmark next to the threads in which I've shared my valuable insight? I've also been going on about that one forever.

Geonjaha wrote:

Worst comes to worst the system gets introduced to try it out and then removed if it goes badly.

Then you're sacrificing time for something that may or may not work. And the community on this site is very fragile, it will not work. People are already report-happy and get upset over the slightest things (just take a look above).

If the average age on this site was ten years older, great idea. But due to the nature of this site, there are far too many young people (and sometimes old people) that are easily offended.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Tricoloryoshi

Reala wrote:

I wasn't going for rude I was going for silly, but since so many what I deem to be obviously silly comments get taken for cereal; I have started to add in small writing below my posts that such posts are not to be taken cereal and apologise said post was not with such a warning.

warning comment may contain sillyness

But you already have a warning as your sig.

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

theblackdragon

@AlexSays: PMs are not happening so far as i've been told, however there is a plan in the works for comments to be left for specific users, possibly via profile pages or something. I'm really not sure on the specifics, i'm afraid.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

There should be a Mii on your profile somewhere along with your friendcodes and other stuff

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

CanisWolfred

SheldonRandoms wrote:

There should be a Mii on your profile somewhere along with your friendcodes and other stuff

Your Mii is already in your avatar, and you can go to your profile and add your friend code under the Gaming tab, or you can add it to your Signature. They're waaay ahead of you, man.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SheldonRandoms

CanisWolfred wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Your Mii is already in your avatar, and you can go to your profile and add your friend code under the Gaming tab, or you can add it to your Signature. They're waaay ahead of you, man.

No, what I meant was that you can add a picture of your Mii to your user profile page, I made this rushed example of what I'm talking about, also Fred Rechid replaced my current icon in this example.
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

JunkosBoobies

SheldonRandoms wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

No, what I meant was that you can add a picture of your Mii to your user profile page, I made this rushed example of what I'm talking about, also Fred Rechid replaced my current icon in this example.
Untitled

This is the next best thing

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Drawdler

Wii U eShop Forum. The 3DS has one, so the Wii U should too. (Unless you're just waiting till it gets more games...) On that note, please update the Wii Forum subtitle. It's not Nintendo's current home console any more... And the Wii U is out so it's not "coming" any more...

theblackdragon wrote:

@AlexSays: PMs are not happening so far as i've been told, however there is a plan in the works for comments to be left for specific users, possibly via profile pages or something. I'm really not sure on the specifics, i'm afraid.

Yeah! Now I can finally tell @Kamidoll how much I absolutely love her avatar!

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Bass_X0

https://www.nintendolife.com/eshop/games

Where are the NES games that have been released on the 3DS VC? They should have their own section, not just lumped together with the Wii VC games.

What will happen when we get a NES game that hasn't already been released on the Wii?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Happy_Mask

I'd like it if there was a section for old avatars in the user settings so I could choose from my old favorites with ease. Obviously not something entirely necessary, but a convenience nonetheless.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

JunkosBoobies

Happy_Mask wrote:

I'd like it if there was a section for old avatars in the user settings so I could choose from my old favorites with ease. Obviously not something entirely necessary, but a convenience nonetheless.

This all the way

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

LzWinky

Machamp_King wrote:

How about a fanfic section?

How about no

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic