Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 441 to 460 of 2,577

Reala

CosmicMii wrote:

Add the "Like" / "Dislike" Option to the comments.

I seriously hope not those stupid things add nothing of value.

Reala

HaastMK7

Reala wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

I seriously hope not those stupid things add nothing of value.

Well that is your opinion, but I would like them to add it.

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Tasuki

@Happy Mask: I was wondering the same thing.

@Cosmic Mii: God no I hate the Like/Dislike button. IMO they just add to favoritism to a site and cause to much trouble. This isnt a popularity contest if you want that go to Facebook.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Reala

I'm sure most people can convey there like or dislike of a comment just fine, besides it would only end up with butt hurt users asking why they where thumbed down and by who, I'm sure we could do without that nonsense.

Reala

HaastMK7

Reala wrote:

I'm sure most people can convey there like or dislike of a comment just fine, besides it would only end up with butt hurt users asking why they where thumbed down and by who, I'm sure we could do without that nonsense.

Alright, but to me it just seems like a easier way than causing a huge argument on a forum or article

Tasuki

CosmicMii wrote:

Reala wrote:

Alright, but to me it just seems like a easier way than causing a huge argument on a forum or article

Well it would just cease one argument but cause another one.

My Backlog

HaastMK7

3Dash wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

/me dislikes this comment

That's your opinion

HaastMK7

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Reala wrote:

How could it cause another one? >->

New_3DaSh_XL

CosmicMii wrote:

3Dash wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

That's your opinion

Actually, it appears as if that's @Tasuki, @Reala, and my opinion, with no one going against our oipinion except you. But tbh, I don't want Like/Dislike because basically, that'd take away the point of the forums. I find it interesting to actually talk to other people, maybe learn something, and discus stuff. With Like/Dislike, I wouldn't be able to talk to someone. Example: This thread would be full of about 1000 random Likes or dislikes, and only like 5 actual ideas. Discussing brings up ideas.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Reala

Because you'd have people complaining about being thumbed down and probably encourage trolling, you see it plenty on other sites someone gets butt hurt about getting thumbed down all too often the result, more people thumb it down to rile them up.

Reala

Tasuki

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Reala wrote:

Reala has just summed it up for me. One person will cry why did I get a dislike and why did so and so get a like. We honestly have enough problems with people complaining about others opinions here and starting trouble we dont need another one.

My Backlog

HaastMK7

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Reala wrote:

Reala has just summed it up for me. One person will cry why did I get a dislike and why did so and so get a like. We honestly have enough problems with people complaining about others opinions here and starting trouble we dont need another one.

Well that wont happen because we have mature users on this site, at least I think we do...

HaastMK7

3Dash wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

3Dash wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

That's your opinion

Actually, it appears as if that's @Tasuki, @Reala, and my opinion, with no one going against our oipinion except you. But tbh, I don't want Like/Dislike because basically, that'd take away the point of the forums. I find it interesting to actually talk to other people, maybe learn something, and discus stuff. With Like/Dislike, I wouldn't be able to talk to someone. Example: This thread would be full of about 1000 random Likes or dislikes, and only like 5 actual ideas. Discussing brings up ideas.

Yes, of course you can do that, but I was just suggesting another way.

Geonjaha

When a like/dislike system is introduced you don't automatically have the problem of someone complaining every time they're thumbed down - simply thumb down such comments and the problem becomes the solution. ;D
I don't think I would mind a like/dislike system, as such systems only fail when the community itself is generally full of trolls...oh wait.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Tasuki

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Reala wrote:

Well that wont happen because we have mature users on this site, at least I think we do...

Obviously you have never seen when a thread gets out of hand around here due to people forcing opinions on one another.

My Backlog

HaastMK7

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Reala wrote:

Obviously you have never seen when a thread gets out of hand around here due to people forcing opinions on one another.

I have.

Tasuki

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CosmicMii wrote:

Reala wrote:

I have.

I rest my case than.

My Backlog

HaastMK7

case closed then

But I still think we should get The "Dis" and "Like" option

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic