Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 181 to 200 of 848

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

181. Posted:

Ludwig wrote:

I never criticized that and as much as this may be true, it's still a spam topic, i find those make a board untidy, that's why i suggested a own board for topics like those.

I dont know how is Your Latest Retro Purchase a spam topic? This is a video game site after all what else are we going to talk about the weather?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

182. Posted:

@Ludwig: I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't see how that topic is 'spam' — It's a thread for people to discuss any retro goodies they've purchased lately, and that's what's happening in there. If we were to go down the line making a section for each and every style of thread on the forums, pretty soon we'd have about as many sections as we do threads, i think :3

that said, i know i'd love to see a separate section of the forums for all the 'game' threads (stuff like 'This or That', 'Island game', the old Vending Machine thread, comment on the signature above you, etc. and so forth) up in General Discussion... now that's clutter, haha :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

183. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Ludwig: I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't see how that topic is 'spam' — It's a thread for people to discuss any retro goodies they've purchased lately, and that's what's happening in there. If we were to go down the line making a section for each and every style of thread on the forums, pretty soon we'd have about as many sections as we do threads, i think :3

that said, i know i'd love to see a separate section of the forums for all the 'game' threads (stuff like 'This or That', 'Island game', the old Vending Machine thread, comment on the signature above you, etc. and so forth) up in General Discussion... now that's clutter, haha :3

I can see that TBD it should make it easier to find alot of those games and keep them going as well.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ludwig

184. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I can see that TBD it should make it easier to find alot of those games and keep them going as well.

...and clean up the boards in which they currently are, which was the point i wanted to get across with my original post.

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

AuthorMessage

voulg160

185. Posted:

create a section for user written reviews and guides

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

186. Posted:

voulg160 wrote:

While I don't want to say "I beat you to it"...I beat you to it.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

187. Posted:

I thought about this for a week or two, and since the thread I created about it hasn't been looked at (to my knowledge), I'm just gonna re-post it here.

Birdman13 wrote:

So, recently there have been a large number of threads appearing in the 3DS section about the eShop, and it's starting to really irritate me. While I understand that 3DSWare is easier to say than just about any other way to categorize an eShop release, since the term is not being used by Nintendo, I think that I lot of these miscategorized threads would wind up in the proper place if the name of the 3DSWare section were to be changed to say something like "eShop Downloads" or something like that. It's just a suggestion of mine that I think may help prevent chaos on the boards.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

188. Posted:

Nintendo Life really needs to get a chat room.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

189. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

voulg160 wrote:

While I don't want to say "I beat you to it"...I beat you to it.

More than one person isn't allowed to suggest the same thing? Wouldn't that make it more likely to be considered?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

190. Posted:

@Reala, et. al: We do promise to give a dating-match function all the attention it is due. that said...

James wrote:

Guys, let's keep this to ideas for the site: we don't want off-topic posts obscuring the good ideas.

if i can't wax off-topic, then neither can y'all :3

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

191. Posted:

I would like to see a list of everyone who has ever been banned on Nintendolife. It would serve two purposes: It would allow users to distinguish between who is just taking a break from the site and who is never coming back. Plus, as a bonus, it would help deter others from the same fate when they see all their friends that have bit the dust.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

James

192. Posted:

Our list of banned members is 50 counts long and only goes back a month. We ban a lot of spam accounts and duplicates and they're really not that interesting to look at. Also, it's sort of a privacy thing.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

193. Posted:

Yeah, no, I don't agree with a ban list that everyone can see.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

SuperLink

194. Posted:

A forum made by LordJumpMad where everybody can say troll-ish things.

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

195. Posted:

James wrote:

Our list of banned members is 50 counts long and only goes back a month. We ban a lot of spam accounts and duplicates and they're really not that interesting to look at. Also, it's sort of a privacy thing.

I noticed you banned that troll, Mao. What was it that finally made you ban him? Its disappointing that someone with a Tales of avatar and username is a troll like him.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

196. Posted:

what about a messaging/mailing system? sorry if this has already been suggested or if it is implemented and i'm missing it some how

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

197. Posted:

@mariofanatic128: I'm not sure what you're talking about, and under normal circumstances bans are a private matter between the user in question and the moderation team, but Mao requested his own account be closed. If we could refrain from badmouthing other users like that, I'd greatly appreciate it.

That said, if anyone's interested whether a particular user has been banned or not, Ant updated user profile pages a month or two ago to display the status of the user in question — see stewartmaria33, Josseline, and Yaksha1983 for examples (all three were spammers banned today, and yes, i've already notified Ant about the weirdness regarding users with no set location and how the 'status' line breaks like that). If you really, really want to know whether a user you haven't seen around lately has been banned or not, just pull up their user profile.

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

198. Posted:

Thought you might link to @orlick or @eugenewrayburn, TBD. :P

I think it would be nice to be able to see all of a writer's reviews by clicking on their profile instead of just their latest ones.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

199. Posted:

@Oddy: I could link to quite a few former big names around here, but we're trying to keep this thread focused on ideas for the site, please (e.g. let's not derail it with explanations of who people were and why they were banned) :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

200. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I would like to see a list of everyone who has ever been banned on Nintendolife. It would serve two purposes: It would allow users to distinguish between who is just taking a break from the site and who is never coming back.

SOme people decide to take breaks and do just end up not coming back for whatever reasons.

My Backlog