Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 181 to 200 of 2,571

zezhyrule

V8_Ninja wrote:

voulg160 wrote:

create a section for user written reviews and guides

While I don't want to say "I beat you to it"...I beat you to it.

More than one person isn't allowed to suggest the same thing? Wouldn't that make it more likely to be considered?

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

theblackdragon

@Reala, et. al: We do promise to give a dating-match function all the attention it is due. that said...

James wrote:

Guys, let's keep this to ideas for the site: we don't want off-topic posts obscuring the good ideas.

if i can't wax off-topic, then neither can y'all :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SamuraiShyGuy

I would like to see a list of everyone who has ever been banned on Nintendolife. It would serve two purposes: It would allow users to distinguish between who is just taking a break from the site and who is never coming back. Plus, as a bonus, it would help deter others from the same fate when they see all their friends that have bit the dust.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

James

Our list of banned members is 50 counts long and only goes back a month. We ban a lot of spam accounts and duplicates and they're really not that interesting to look at. Also, it's sort of a privacy thing.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

LzWinky

Yeah, no, I don't agree with a ban list that everyone can see.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SuperLink

A forum made by LordJumpMad where everybody can say troll-ish things.

SuperLink

FonistofCruxis

James wrote:

Our list of banned members is 50 counts long and only goes back a month. We ban a lot of spam accounts and duplicates and they're really not that interesting to look at. Also, it's sort of a privacy thing.

I noticed you banned that troll, Mao. What was it that finally made you ban him? Its disappointing that someone with a Tales of avatar and username is a troll like him.

Kagamine

what about a messaging/mailing system? sorry if this has already been suggested or if it is implemented and i'm missing it some how

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

theblackdragon

@mariofanatic128: I'm not sure what you're talking about, and under normal circumstances bans are a private matter between the user in question and the moderation team, but Mao requested his own account be closed. If we could refrain from badmouthing other users like that, I'd greatly appreciate it.

That said, if anyone's interested whether a particular user has been banned or not, Ant updated user profile pages a month or two ago to display the status of the user in question — see stewartmaria33, Josseline, and Yaksha1983 for examples (all three were spammers banned today, and yes, i've already notified Ant about the weirdness regarding users with no set location and how the 'status' line breaks like that). If you really, really want to know whether a user you haven't seen around lately has been banned or not, just pull up their user profile.

BEST THREAD EVER

theblackdragon

@Oddy: I could link to quite a few former big names around here, but we're trying to keep this thread focused on ideas for the site, please (e.g. let's not derail it with explanations of who people were and why they were banned) :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Tasuki

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

I would like to see a list of everyone who has ever been banned on Nintendolife. It would serve two purposes: It would allow users to distinguish between who is just taking a break from the site and who is never coming back.

SOme people decide to take breaks and do just end up not coming back for whatever reasons.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TheDarkDee

Change the name of the general discussion CATEGORY to General Nintendo Discussion. Then we change the general discussion FORUM name to Off-Topic.

TheDarkDee

shinesprite

Perhaps the NintendoLife logo in the upper right could be moved a little farther to the right. When tabs such as "3DSWare", "WiiWare", or "DSiWare" are selected, the "Retro" tab overlaps the subcategory below the site logo.

shinesprite

misswliu81

a fan art thread for people to post their nintendo-related artwork. i have a few nintendo related drawings, things i made online that i'd like to share on here.

misswliu81

Link245

I think user reviews would be pretty cool.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic