Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 161 to 180 of 856

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

161. Posted:

James wrote:

RE: site messaging/notifications.

We put something into place earlier this year that should allow much easier notifications and in-site messaging too. There's still a way to go but it'll happen.

@Tasuki To be honest I thought it was common knowledge that we all do this as a hobby, so no, I wasn't offended.

I thought some of you voulnteered and others I thought it was a regular job.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

James

162. Posted:

Nope, we all do this for love, not money.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

163. Posted:

You should be able to quote more than one person per post. For me the site does a update when I quote someone and when I try to quote another person in the same post the site updates and all the text I had before it disappears.

You should be able to press quote more than one time without a site update and get more than one post quoted per post.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

pikku

164. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

You should be able to quote more than one person per post. For me the site does a update when I quote someone and when I try to quote another person in the same post the site updates and all the text I had before it disappears.

You should be able to press quote more than one time without a site update and get more than one post quoted per post.

Use the [ quote ] [ /quote ] and you can quote as many as you want.

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

165. Posted:

I like the tabs at the top, I hope they stay the same. I think you should be able to organise the wiiware, dsiware, 3DSvc and 3DSware games by price and it would be different depending on the region that has been selected. I also really hope a pm system is implemented soon.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

166. Posted:

It would be nice if we had a pallete of colors to choose from so we could colorise some of our text. Just sayin.

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Shadow_Chad6982

167. Posted:

There should be a search bar for the fourms to see/find a fourm topic so there's not so many double topics. and a PM messaging system

Everything is impossible if we think it is. Often all it takes is for one person to strongly believe that something can be achieved and to continue pursuing that goal to the end. - Satoru Iwata

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6817-9967 | Nintendo Network ID: Rasheon_Falcon

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

168. Posted:

James wrote:

@WaveBoy I currently write about 10 news articles a day that probably contain around 30+ BBCode tags. I reckon if I can cope with typing blahblahblah all day long every day, you guys can manage too ;)

I'm going to roll out an oldie but a goodie here:

We are planning to upgrade the forums in the future but at the moment Ant just hasn't got the time. All suggestions are welcomed though!

Well here's the thing, lets say I posted 10 YouTube URLS on one of my posts for example....Now lets say there was a 'YouTube button' which automatically turned each URL into the proper code which instantly displayed the Video. I'd have those 10 URLS done withen seconds by highliting each URL and clicking the YouTube button. Where as manually punching in the codes and having to delete this and that while adding brackets(highly annoying and semi time consuming) it would take the average user over 20x longer to do so.

I think Nintendo Life just has a major Uuber fetish with keeping things extremely minimal. lol :P Minimalism is great, but when things are a bit too minimal by not including normal features for the sake of being minimal really weezes on my grindage.

I mean I don't mind having to bold things and whatever, but having a YouTube button, an IMAGE button, a Color(lets add some color to our posts for crying out loud.lol) Font Selection and a list of Emoticons to choose from instead of having to remember or Check the proper 'how to' thread would be a huge plus. Every other board i go to online, has all of these features and more, but Nintendo Life is like from the stone age in a sexy pretty eye catching disguise. :p Seriously, i think you guys visually have one of the nicest looking gaming boards out there. Beats the pants off of IGN, GameSpot and the like.

Anyways, I'm not trying to be a weiner head or anything, but it would be awesome if we got at least one of these features. C'monnn, hook the Wavester' up. Give me my own Epic NL Tools. :p

And Tasuki that's a lame excuse. :p I'll post all the pictures i wan't haha.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Wesker

169. Posted:

If we could just 'rec' comments I'd be happy. It's such a pain to have to wade through loads of comments, to find a good informative comments. I'm sure this would benefit the site, comments are basically free content for the website anyway, so why not allow us to highlight the best ones for you?

Wesker

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

170. Posted:

billy-beauts wrote:

If we could just 'rec' comments I'd be happy. It's such a pain to have to wade through loads of comments, to find a good informative comments. I'm sure this would benefit the site, comments are basically free content for the website anyway, so why not allow us to highlight the best ones for you?

Ugh, I hate sites that have you rate comments. It just starts stupid people bickering about "why'd my comment get rated down?" Even if there's not a thumbs down thing, it still makes everything a competition to get the highest rating, and you lose any personality shown through comments. If you want that kind of format, there's places like Destructoid. I like reading through all the comments here, to see what everyone has to say about the subject. If there is a thread specifically for the purpose of getting information, it usually gets through pretty quickly.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

James

171. Posted:

Everyone here has an equal voice, unless we don't like what you say, then we ban you. That seems a fair system to me.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

172. Posted:

billy-beauts wrote:

no offense, but who are you (or anybody else, for that matter) to choose the 'best' comments for me to read? you're not me, lol. i hate having to go through and expand comments on other sites because they're hidden due to low ratings. when i visit a comment thread on a website i want to read everything that everyone has to say, good, bad, silly, or serious, not just things that other people have chosen as 'good' or 'best'. :3

personal tastes aside, though, rated comments don't make an inviting scenario for newbies to enter into. James is right, we want everyone to have equal voice here — and of course if people abuse our desire for fairness and start trolling, we will ban them and that'll be the end of it. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

JayArr

173. Posted:

[clicks 'Thumbs Up' on theblackdragons comment]

n_n

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Aviator

174. Posted:

And plus if we did have rep, Jay would have it all.

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

Edited on by Aviator

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

175. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

It would be nice if we had a pallete of colors to choose from so we could colorise some of our text. Just sayin.

Please not this. :| The simplicity of the NL Forums is one of the reasons its great. No large stupid pictures in signatures, the "leveling up/ranks" thing, and especially colors in the text. Some people would abuse it and put rainbows in their posts and stuff. All of that is a pain to look at.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

176. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

And plus if we did have rep, Jay would have it all.

it's true, our jealousy re: JR's natural awesomeness is the real reason we're not interested in a comment rating feature. D:

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

James

177. Posted:

Guys, let's keep this to ideas for the site: we don't want off-topic posts obscuring the good ideas.

Thanks.

AuthorMessage

Ludwig

178. Posted:

I have a forum suggestions, i hope this goes in here too.
I'm new here but found something rather annoying: The spam threads.
Most people should be aware that many people enjoy those, even i sometimes find them amusing, but i think there should be a designated place for such things, like a dungeon or spam corner. I'm talking about things like "Your latest retro purchase" for example, everyone loves to brag, i understand that, but it's a example of a topic that would go in such a place, in the "General Discussion" board those literally taken over, and i find it obscures "regular" topics. So i think a designated board for those would be an improvement. :)

Edited on by Ludwig

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

179. Posted:

@Ludwig: 'Your Latest Retro Purchase' is located in the Retro section of the forums. I don't know how much more section-appropriate you can get, really...?

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Ludwig

180. Posted:

I never criticized that and as much as this may be true, it's still a spam topic, i find those make a board untidy, that's why i suggested a own board for topics like those.

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.