Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,579

Weskerb

If we could just 'rec' comments I'd be happy. It's such a pain to have to wade through loads of comments, to find a good informative comments. I'm sure this would benefit the site, comments are basically free content for the website anyway, so why not allow us to highlight the best ones for you?

Weskerb

grenworthshero

billy-beauts wrote:

If we could just 'rec' comments I'd be happy. It's such a pain to have to wade through loads of comments, to find a good informative comments. I'm sure this would benefit the site, comments are basically free content for the website anyway, so why not allow us to highlight the best ones for you?

Ugh, I hate sites that have you rate comments. It just starts stupid people bickering about "why'd my comment get rated down?" Even if there's not a thumbs down thing, it still makes everything a competition to get the highest rating, and you lose any personality shown through comments. If you want that kind of format, there's places like Destructoid. I like reading through all the comments here, to see what everyone has to say about the subject. If there is a thread specifically for the purpose of getting information, it usually gets through pretty quickly.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

James

Everyone here has an equal voice, unless we don't like what you say, then we ban you. That seems a fair system to me.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

theblackdragon

billy-beauts wrote:

no offense, but who are you (or anybody else, for that matter) to choose the 'best' comments for me to read? you're not me, lol. i hate having to go through and expand comments on other sites because they're hidden due to low ratings. when i visit a comment thread on a website i want to read everything that everyone has to say, good, bad, silly, or serious, not just things that other people have chosen as 'good' or 'best'. :3

personal tastes aside, though, rated comments don't make an inviting scenario for newbies to enter into. James is right, we want everyone to have equal voice here — and of course if people abuse our desire for fairness and start trolling, we will ban them and that'll be the end of it. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

JayArr

[clicks 'Thumbs Up' on theblackdragons comment]

n_n

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Aviator

And plus if we did have rep, Jay would have it all.

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

IAmNotWill

WaveBoy wrote:

It would be nice if we had a pallete of colors to choose from so we could colorise some of our text. Just sayin.

Please not this. The simplicity of the NL Forums is one of the reasons its great. No large stupid pictures in signatures, the "leveling up/ranks" thing, and especially colors in the text. Some people would abuse it and put rainbows in their posts and stuff. All of that is a pain to look at.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

theblackdragon

Aviator wrote:

And plus if we did have rep, Jay would have it all.

it's true, our jealousy re: JR's natural awesomeness is the real reason we're not interested in a comment rating feature. D:

BEST THREAD EVER

James

Guys, let's keep this to ideas for the site: we don't want off-topic posts obscuring the good ideas.

Thanks.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

Ludwig

I have a forum suggestions, i hope this goes in here too.
I'm new here but found something rather annoying: The spam threads.
Most people should be aware that many people enjoy those, even i sometimes find them amusing, but i think there should be a designated place for such things, like a dungeon or spam corner. I'm talking about things like "Your latest retro purchase" for example, everyone loves to brag, i understand that, but it's a example of a topic that would go in such a place, in the "General Discussion" board those literally taken over, and i find it obscures "regular" topics. So i think a designated board for those would be an improvement.

Edited on by Ludwig

För Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.

theblackdragon

@Ludwig: 'Your Latest Retro Purchase' is located in the Retro section of the forums. I don't know how much more section-appropriate you can get, really...?

BEST THREAD EVER

Ludwig

I never criticized that and as much as this may be true, it's still a spam topic, i find those make a board untidy, that's why i suggested a own board for topics like those.

Tasuki

Ludwig wrote:

I never criticized that and as much as this may be true, it's still a spam topic, i find those make a board untidy, that's why i suggested a own board for topics like those.

I dont know how is Your Latest Retro Purchase a spam topic? This is a video game site after all what else are we going to talk about the weather?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

theblackdragon

@Ludwig: I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't see how that topic is 'spam' — It's a thread for people to discuss any retro goodies they've purchased lately, and that's what's happening in there. If we were to go down the line making a section for each and every style of thread on the forums, pretty soon we'd have about as many sections as we do threads, i think :3

that said, i know i'd love to see a separate section of the forums for all the 'game' threads (stuff like 'This or That', 'Island game', the old Vending Machine thread, comment on the signature above you, etc. and so forth) up in General Discussion... now that's clutter, haha :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

@Ludwig: I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't see how that topic is 'spam' — It's a thread for people to discuss any retro goodies they've purchased lately, and that's what's happening in there. If we were to go down the line making a section for each and every style of thread on the forums, pretty soon we'd have about as many sections as we do threads, i think :3

that said, i know i'd love to see a separate section of the forums for all the 'game' threads (stuff like 'This or That', 'Island game', the old Vending Machine thread, comment on the signature above you, etc. and so forth) up in General Discussion... now that's clutter, haha :3

I can see that TBD it should make it easier to find alot of those games and keep them going as well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ludwig

Tasuki wrote:

I can see that TBD it should make it easier to find alot of those games and keep them going as well.

...and clean up the boards in which they currently are, which was the point i wanted to get across with my original post.

voulg160

create a section for user written reviews and guides

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

V8_Ninja

voulg160 wrote:

create a section for user written reviews and guides

While I don't want to say "I beat you to it"...I beat you to it.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Birdman

I thought about this for a week or two, and since the thread I created about it hasn't been looked at (to my knowledge), I'm just gonna re-post it here.

Birdman13 wrote:

So, recently there have been a large number of threads appearing in the 3DS section about the eShop, and it's starting to really irritate me. While I understand that 3DSWare is easier to say than just about any other way to categorize an eShop release, since the term is not being used by Nintendo, I think that I lot of these miscategorized threads would wind up in the proper place if the name of the 3DSWare section were to be changed to say something like "eShop Downloads" or something like that. It's just a suggestion of mine that I think may help prevent chaos on the boards.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

HawkeyeWii

Nintendo Life really needs to get a chat room.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic